Total Nonsense on the Nova - what are they thinking??

caviargal

2 hours ago, Port Power said:

Surely announcements wouldn’t be made into the cabins?  That would be really bad form!

Although I certainly agree you should be able to remain in your cabins until well after 9:00am (11:00am seems appropriate), it is the cabin stewards who are going to suffer.  They still have to prepare all the suites for incoming guests no matter the reason.  Such a wrong decision on many fronts!

I think they have simply decided to sacrifice any good will on this cruise as it is too far gone.

It is terribly disappointing to have ZERO acknowledgement of the angst, time, and energy this has all caused those of us aboard.

• Like 2

Will they say anything useful at the Venetian Society cocktail reception tonight? I wasn’t planning on going but may stick my head in just in case something is actually said. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JSR said:

Will they say anything useful at the Venetian Society cocktail reception tonight? I wasn’t planning on going but may stick my head in just in case something is actually said. 

Please post if they do.  We are first timers and will not be there.

This is definitely an elephant in the room.

Are you vacating at 9am?

4 minutes ago, caviargal said:

Please post if they do.  We are first timers and will not be there.

This is definitely an elephant in the room.

Are you vacating at 9am?

@caviargal come if you want. No one checks or cares. 

I will talk to my Butler and cabin steward before making a final decision about vacating the room. While I don’t plan to rush in the morning. They are the ones that will feel the burden the most of this fiasco. I do plan to leave our Carry on and husband’s guitar in the cabin until close to disembarking. We won’t use the bathroom or anything when we come to retrieve them.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, JSR said:

Venetian society this evening? Outstanding! Could you livestream it?

• Haha 2

Just saw a comment on line stating that some passengers are leaving the ship tomorrow, so they can make use of their pre-existing flight arrangements.  Sheesh . . .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Carolfay said:

Just saw a comment on line stating that some passengers are leaving the ship tomorrow, so they can make use of their pre-existing flight arrangements.  Sheesh . . .

...and after Silversea thanked them for their understanding! Such ungrateful passengers!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I look forward to reading the reviews of this particular cruise (wishing for many).  Perhaps that may shake up the RCCL executives who thought this was a good idea.  Hopefully Forbes Magazine coverage continues and maybe there will be interviews at disembarkation.  Future cruisers on this supposed luxury cruise line should know what has happened since the takeover. 

• Like 2

I got a survey from a company that sells cruises last night. They asked the same set of questions of each cruise line. I did not answer in the affirmative to the Trustworthy and good reputation questions re Silversea. I did tick that they could use my answers so hopefully SS finds out.

• Like 2

The consensus onboard. Fabulous cruise, staff and ship. The photo shoot unfortunate stupidity but not letting it ruin the cruise. 

sorry didn’t make it to the Venetian thing. Will let you know if anyone did. 

Posted (edited)

We had another letter delivered yesterday.  Again, no apology or anything close, just another invitation to this ill conceived photo shoot tomorrow at 6:15am.

We also had a call telling us that we cannot debark until 11:45pm as I had left a note with reception requesting earliest departure time.  We have a five plus hour ride home.

Edited by caviargal

39 minutes ago, caviargal said:

We had another letter delivered yesterday.  Again, no apology or anything close, just another invitation to this ill conceived photo shoot tomorrow at 6:15am.

We also had a call telling us that we cannot debark until 11:45pm as I had left a note with reception requesting earliest departure time.  We have a five plus hour ride home.

We didn’t get the invite to the photo shoot. Maybe our butler remembered I thought it was stupid and annoying. 

sorry you can not disembark earlier. I will keep my fingers crossed it works out better for you at the last minute. We are flying West so arriving very late instead of at dinner time. Our June cruise we arrived 6 hours late and had to overnight on July 4 because we couldn’t get a flight out. That was easier then this and I wished I was able to organized it that way but our daughter is meeting us at our house from out of town for the weekend and the thought of losing precious time with her will keep us motivated to make back to NM. 

We keep changing our cruise formula. Used to be we would arrive the day before departure- now we arrive 2 days before (or more) and now we are going to plan to overnight when we disembark. We are getting to old for all this cha cha and arriving home late and tired. 

• Like 4

We are sadly missing the chance to see friends that are in town briefly. 

Fortunate that our driver, who lives several hours from Lauderdale, is gracious enough to be on standby should we get off earlier.

Our dog sitter is booked for the extra day.  It's less issue for us than for so many who are truly substantially inconvenienced.

We will be boycotting the photo shoot and hoping most do the same.

2 hours ago, caviargal said:

We will be boycotting the photo shoot and hoping most do the same.

Maybe they will make all available crew dress in off-duty clothes and go up for the photo shoot to get some bodies in it. 

Not sure how attendance was this morning as kept our blinds closed and ignored the "event".  I sincerely hope that an embarrassingly few showed up to "celebrate". 

We are now under way and still hopeful they can make up lost time.

We did see people disembark yesterday in San Juan.  Had we flown in, we would have done the same.

Slept through the whole thing. When I woke up we were under way at high speed which makes for a nice breeze on the balcony. Not sure what will come of arriving early for those of us flying. Will just mean more time at the airport as I doubt we will find earlier flights. Happy for those that will get to see friends or arrive home sooner due to being able to drive. Not looking forward to killing an entire day while waiting for our 5 pm flight. No flights between 11:30 and 5 unfortunately. 

56 minutes ago, JSR said:

. Not sure what will come of arriving early for those of us flying. Will just mean more time at the airport as I doubt we will find earlier flights.

Are we now arriving earlier than 11?

6 minutes ago, caviargal said:

Are we now arriving earlier than 11?

The Captain said he is trying for a 10 am arrival but we will still have to clear the ship etc. but there is hope. Doesn’t matter for those of us flying. 

5 minutes ago, JSR said:

The Captain said he is trying for a 10 am arrival but we will still have to clear the ship etc. but there is hope. Doesn’t matter for those of us flying. 

So sorry!  It was sad to watch people getting off yesterday and more at front desk who really got screwed over on their flights. 

I can never understand the Captain's announcements.

It is what it is. Nothing to be done but move on. Just makes for a crazy long day. Planning a party in the lounge at FLL with friends. Best we can do! 

• Like 5

While Silversea has messed up totally with this cruise, they will be working hard as ever to not inconvenience the group coming on next.  If that means booting you out of your cabins earlier, I suspect they will do that.  The only reason to speed to Ft Lauderdale is for the incoming passengers since everyone on board now had to rearrange travel plans.  Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CruiserPK said:

While Silversea has messed up totally with this cruise, they will be working hard as ever to not inconvenience the group coming on next.  If that means booting you out of your cabins earlier, I suspect they will do that.  The only reason to speed to Ft Lauderdale is for the incoming passengers since everyone on board now had to rearrange travel plans.  Just my 2 cents.

As they are.  2.5 hours earlier.  I agree that this cruise is no longer a concern for them and they will not look back. 

Most of us in the GV have had a spectacular cruise full of Wonderful people, interesting ports and exceptional service. We are of the consensus that this was a debacle but no need to let it ruin 70 great days so we too will put it behind us. 

• Like 4