Total Nonsense on the Nova - what are they thinking??

caviargal

18 hours ago, pavementends said:

NOT a good idea.

They have offered to compensate for differential air fare and expenses, which is something. Still, many people will be inconvenienced by this.

They have offered to compensate what they consider to be reasonable fare difference and expenses. It is high season in Florida and flights have been difficult to get for some time.  The train, Brightline, is also very popular. Those tickets are almost all non-refundable and the later trains booked.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, texanaust said:

I'm curious...what is happening to all the passengers on Icon of the Seas and the Ascent?  Are they all being inconvenienced too?

No, as they will not be disembarking on the same day.

1 minute ago, Desperate to Sail said:

I'm wondering what happens if the weather is bad on the day of the planned photo shoot?

Nothing gets in the way of a photoshoot! Esteemed guests will be invited to wait until it's sunny!

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

19 hours ago, tinaincc said:

in the age of AI and Photoshop, how is this even possible. how could they be so dense?

Literally was about to say the same thing... why bother with real people?

1 hour ago, les37b said:

On my last sailing, I met with a huge poster on there and also one of the mods.

I Wonder if it's the same number 1 poster that hunted me down on Messenger in a drunken rage and hurled vile homophobic abuse at me before then blocking me and all with no consequences?

1 hour ago, les37b said:

Its rare I've posted on there, but did so at the news SS had banned the carriage of drones, met with the usual "hurrahs" and suggestion anyone who has one is a menace.

I Recently left my spark at home and got a Mini 2 (249g) to take to Australia. I Got some amazing footage and had no hassle at all on Celebrity. I Too, I Believe, am a considerate drone user and would be surprised if anyone knew I was flying it.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

I Wonder if it's the same number 1 poster that hunted me down on Messenger in a drunken rage and hurled vile homophobic abuse at me before then blocking me and all with no consequences?

I Recently left my spark at home and got a Mini 2 (249g) to take to Australia. I Got some amazing footage and had no hassle at all on Celebrity. I Too, I Believe, am a considerate drone user and would be surprised if anyone knew I was flying it.

No idea if it was. I did almost bring up your tender plight, but didn’t.

Especially when flying abroad, I always find out as much info and any relevant rules and then make a decision based on what I find out.

In Iceland, it’s much the same as here so took with me. Only flew the once from the top of a volcano. I was hoping to fly to the erupting volcano and had paid for the tour only to be let down by the eruption fizzling out the day before I arrive. Next weeks cruise, all is fine in Bali, Java, Singapore and Malaysia (with usual caveats). Thailand is also ok, but you need to apply for a permit and it’s all in Thai. Thailand isn’t a country I’d want to take any risks in. The only “Bangkok hotel” we intend staying in has a jacuzzi and club lounge with free cocktails! Mavic mini 2 is the only one I use now. £3k worth for a pair of never used probably now of no use drones, I really should have sold!

Actually it does remind me of some numpty who launched from Silver Wind in Gustavia moored in the flight path who posted on YT that he nearly lost it (because the signal doesn’t pass through a metal ship hull.) Shame he didn’t. Only the waves saved it auto landing. He claimed he had permission… as the cabin made was on the balcony with him! Unbelievable! 

But I digress! More Nova dining required! lol

Edited by les37b
  • Like 1

The other two ships are headed to the BVI and USVI so they are definitely not affected by the photo shoot.  They mayn't every know other than being told to go on deck for the photo op.  It certainly should not make any difference in their port stops/times. 

The Icon of the Seas and the Ascent are both in St John's that day.  So it will probably not impact anything on their cruise.  But the Silver Nova will leave St Juan and instead of going to Ft Lauderdale, they go the opposite way to St John then double back to Ft Lauderdale.
What RCCL is unintentionally saying is that since Silver Seas have smaller ships, they aren't as important to them as the mega cruise ships.   
I hope that RCCL will compensate both the cruisers departing and cruisers embarking.   

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Case Study: “How to Turn a PR Event into a PR Disaster.”

You know someone was going to leak/get this to the media.

Barbara M has been remarkably silent. How are they going to spin this?

Perhaps they’ll throw a FCC or SBC at affected passengers in addition to reimbursement for additional expenses.

Edited by Herman The Cat

5 minutes ago, Herman The Cat said:

Barbara M has been remarkably silent.

This has been disappointing. Clearly, she is not a behind the scenes CEO who is shy in front of a camera.  I can withhold my admiration for a CEO who directs (or was party to the direction of) the captain to sign the announcement letter on a matter for which he was presumably in no way responsible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Herman The Cat said:

Barbara M has been remarkably silent. How are they going to spin this?

1 hour ago, Observer said:

she is not a behind the scenes CEO who is shy in front of a camera.  I can withhold my admiration for a CEO who directs (or was party to the direction of) the captain to sign the announcement letter on a matter for which he was presumably in no way responsible.

There for the spotlight and the adoration....nowhere to be seen when the excrement hits the fan?

Wonder when she'll be directly responding to customer issues, as was her splash?  Any wagers?

On 3/5/2024 at 11:59 AM, caviargal said:

This has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever seen a cruise line do!  Do they really think all of us should be trying to change flights/trains/drivers at the very last minute -  or contacting our Travel Advisors to do so - during one of the busiest times of the year in Florida? 

I am appalled that a so called luxury line would put their passengers through this nonsense for a photo op!  It is ridiculous!

Fame! A highlighted post quote!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It is such a pity, having been a Guest for 25 Years, to see a Once Great Cruise Line lose their grip on the basics such as Communication, Food and Guest Satisfaction whilst at the same time continuing to Issue Marketing hyperbole.

Unfortunately there are now a number of ' Esteemed ' Regulars who are becoming tired of having to deal with a Management who seem not to care anymore.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, drron29 said:

I was one who made his first post on that site on this subject. you can't find it now as it was disappeared. I liked the post there that asked whether anyone knew if the "letter" was genuine or a hoax. Really.

I did look at the other SS passenger site and comments are still active.

Les you now know someone who has 6 planned SS cruises and at the moment they are almost certainly the last we do.

And a final thought. Normally at the end of the cruise you have to be off the ship by 10am. So why not do that and then the Nova could go back out to the meeting place. The preparation of suites could go on unchanged and those that have some boring time before their flights go out could stay on board until it was back at the dock. Might even be a couple of happy passengers.

Of course it would be harder to arrange and it would cost SS probably a fair bit more. So the bean counters would nix it as it would only mean happier passengers.

With not having to pay passenger $$$ for changing flights (plus the rest), your idea would probably actually save RCG money.

24 minutes ago, alainciao said:

This is not the Silversea CEO.  This is RC.

Apparently someone on the Nova got a email response from said person and read it out to their dinner table last night. The responder couldn’t understand why the guest might be upset and didn’t show any empathy.

I saw this too online . Those passengers who have made their own arrangements have a headache to try and rebook other flights and other arrangements on down the line to get home . It is very inconsiderate and somewhat puzzling that they would do this to their most affluent passenger base. When SS does a great job I let them know and in a situation like this I would also let them know . There are other good choices out there and may value their passengers enough not to schedule something like this . 😞 Disappointed in the SS leadership ...I felt they were better than this . 

2 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Apparently someone on the Nova got a email response from said person and read it out to their dinner table last night. The responder couldn’t understand why the guest might be upset and didn’t show any empathy.

The term clueless springs to mind!

• Like 1

Celebrity Ascent guest here - this is what I received today. Curious how much photography and video production will be going on if they're willing to cause delays like this I'd bet there will be more going on... Production crew(s) are probably onboard for other stuff as well. 

Dear Guest,

We can’t wait to welcome you aboard Celebrity Ascent®! Before we sail away, we have some news to share.

On March 13th we will be taking part in a unique photo opportunity off the coast of St. Thomas. For the first time ever, Royal Caribbean Group’s three newest ships, Celebrity Ascent, Royal Caribbean’s Icon of the Seas, and Silversea’sSilver Nova, will come together at sea. We will be documenting this historic event.

To facilitate this rare meet up, some of our arrival and departure times have been adjusted, even adding some extra time in San Juan, as shown below.

If you want to be part of this momentous occasion, stop by Café al Bacio for a beverage and a bite, and join us on Wednesday from 6:00 AM to 8:00 AM on Deck 15. The sunrise will be breathtaking at the Rooftop Garden where you'll be able to snap some shots of all three marvels at sea.

Here is the updated itinerary for your convenience.

Day

Port of Call

Arrival

Departure

Sun

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

3:30 PM

Mon

At Sea

Tue

San Juan, Puerto Rico

2:30 PM