Total Nonsense on the Nova - what are they thinking??

caviargal

19 minutes ago, JSR said:

Most of us in the GV have had a spectacular cruise full of Wonderful people, interesting ports and exceptional service. We are of the consensus that this was a debacle but no need to let it ruin 70 great days so we too will put it behind us. 

Enjoy your grand finale dinner this evening and safe travels home!

8 hours ago, JSR said:

It is what it is. Nothing to be done but move on. Just makes for a crazy long day. Planning a party in the lounge at FLL with friends. Best we can do! 

Hope you understand that most lounges will only let you in three hours before departure time.  Plus FLL tends to only allow check-ins within 3 hours of flight.

Posted (edited)

@caviargal I enjoyed it too much. If not they weren’t swabbing  the deck I would do the track I’m so full. 

@FlyerTalker thanks for the heads up. I believe it’s 4 hours and we don’t have anything to check. We will be with friends and however it plays out it will be fine. Just can’t worry any more. It’s going to be a long tedious day, just have to make the best of it. 

Edited by JSR

11 hours ago, JSR said:

Most of us in the GV have had a spectacular cruise full of Wonderful people, interesting ports and exceptional service. We are of the consensus that this was a debacle but no need to let it ruin 70 great days so we too will put it behind us. 

I hope you have a relatively easy, and best possible treck home to NM. Thank you for all your wonderful posts & pictures, and all your thoughtful (and speedy) answers to all of our questions. I feel so much more relaxed about my first cruise now, and that's thanks so much to you. All my best to you and Nick. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Plus FLL tends to only allow check-ins within 3 hours of flight.

When we came through in November 23, we were pleasantly surprised to find that they had extended this to 4 hours.  One less hour to schlep bags waiting to check them in for a mid-afternoon flight.

• Like 1

@BBGrace273 thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate it. Glad you followed along and feel free to ask more questions as they come up. 

@canderson turns out we have one small bag to check. Going to try and stand by for an earlier flight part way so I’m hoping they’ll let us check our bag a bit early. Don’t care when the bag arrives as the last leg of our flight will be the same time no matter what flight we get out of FLL. Just want a bit less time in FLL and a more connecting in IAH. 

Posted (edited)

Pulling into port now.  Chaotic morning aboard.  Will be happy to disembark and begin the journey home.

Full review to follow soon.

All in all, it was a nice experience.  Since we were on only for the 10 day segment Barbados to Lauderdale, our experience aboard was obviously not the same as those who have been aboard for 2 plus months (which I can't even imagine, but that is just me).  It was obvious many friendships were formed over the GV and shared experiences enjoyed that made the longer voyage (and the ship as well) special to those guests.

Some hits (Silver Note, the piano player in Deck 5 lounge) and some misses (service in certain venues and too many "no's", limited dining menu in Atlantide).

It was nice to be able to compare with recent cruises aboard Regent and Seabourn.  Seabourn remains my favorite.

Edited by caviargal
  • Like 2

On 3/8/2024 at 3:46 PM, caviargal said:

FYI, we still have been given no information on whether we can stay in our suites for the additional 4 hours or whether they expect all 700+ of us to wait in public areas.

They are providing zero assistance to anyone who did not book door to door, nor will they commit to a time we will be off the ship.  We need to arrange a driver now,  but not possible to do without a time.

I was told this morning they have no answers but "hope to in a few days".

It is a real shame as the ship is lovely and the service and food have been good.

Forbes continues to report on it and this article is spot on!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerdooley/2024/03/08/how-royal-caribbean-silversea-can-recover-from-photoshoot-debacle/?sh=cda609a4a465&fbclid=IwAR2ZwmVT_mLN2e_19WuaBOhjTf-F4Xjp6qtClWgKY0FkPA1QTR9A0iSXqno

The story tells it all. But it’s not just the 700 pax on the Nova who now feel a photo opp is more important than the comfort of passengers, it’s everyone who reads the story, including me. Frankly, whoever made this cavalier decision should be fired.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1