Cruise Lines with no Single supplement

On 3/6/2024 at 4:54 PM, SeaSirenVoyager said:

This is great to know, where did you go with Star Clippers? What cruise and when was it? What was the itinerary, it definitely helps to get a better picture. I know, I am asking many questions, I am just trying to learn from you.

I have used Star Clipper no solo add on for 5 cruises, 4 to Caribbean and 1 to Costa Rica.  Not a regular cruise line but I loved them and you can go to their website and look under specials for no solo add on, not as many listed as in years past but doable.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I know when I sailed on HAL and Princess there was little or no solo activities. Cunard, Regent, and Oceania are having reduced  solo supplements, although they are more expensive cruise lines.

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2024 at 9:18 AM, muttley said:

I look for the best price and usually that is not a no single supplement cruise. I'll take a cruise that is $400 and a $200 supplement over a $1000 no supplement similar cruise. MSC is far and away the best cruise line for lowest prices for solos in the usa imho. They are coming to Galveston  nov 2025 with a new terminal.

MSC has daily meet ups for solo passengers and solo cabins but not a dedicated solos lounge like some NCL ships have. The first one is almost always hosted by a crew member and if they feel good you might get free cheap booze if you don't already have a booze package. They usually have that first meeting a chocolate cake or finger foods and sandwiches that are very very good.  But honestly the solo cabins on MSC aren't as comfortable as NCL. Many solos take other cabins and sometimes insides can be less and even outside rarely cheaper when still available and solo is filled up and what the solos were going for. The biggest complaints of the cabins are the beds are too low and the matress is lousy but there are others like the layout is bad for moving around and using draws etc... Insides are so much better.

Thank you for the MSC info... I'm traveling MSC in September in a solo cabin.  We'll see how the cabin is, but the price was really amazing - I usually don't stay in the room except for sleeping / getting ready to go out, so I'm hopeful that it will be good enough..  For a 7 day cruise to Bermuda (with 3 days in Bermuda!) it started at $300ish if they pick your room, but a little extra if you want to pick your own room.  I'm paying $359 (picking my own room) + $170 fees, which is amazing for 7 days.  That's good to know they have solo get togethers.  I have a husband so I'm not single, but definitely traveling solo.  I'm also hoping that I can meet someone who may be willing to share a Lyft or Uber back to LGA at the end of the cruise 🙂

• Like 3

The most incredible deal came along for me in November 2022, on Discovery Princess 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise in a balcony cabin on the Sun deck next to the Retreat pool. All in with the Plus package was $1,181. That was my first solo cruise!

• Like 2

I was fiddling around Monday when I discovered that Holland America had a 10 day Mexican Rivera cruise for $325 (no single supplement ) on November 30 out of San Diego. Since my wife passed away last November I thought this would be a great first solo cruise so I booked it. Another interesting thing is if I get the all inclusive package for $55 a day I get a $200 excursion bonus . So now off to another adventure.

As of this morning the deal was still showing on the Holland site. But I have to say that it was not easy making the booking . It took a few hours to finally get the booking  done as the system kept what I thought kicking me out before the final page. But as it turned out it was not kicking me out but was booking four rooms even thou I never was notified that I got the first room. Oh well🙃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2024 at 7:16 PM, tonit964 said:

The most incredible deal came along for me in November 2022, on Discovery Princess 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise in a balcony cabin on the Sun deck next to the Retreat pool. All in with the Plus package was $1,181. That was my first solo cruise!

Did they have daily activities or meetups for Solo cruisers?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SeaSirenVoyager said:

Did they have daily activities or meetups for Solo cruisers?

I don’t know. I wasn’t interested in any of that so I wasn’t looking for it in the Patter.
I meet people and chat when out and about but I prefer just doing my own thing. That is what I absolutely love about solo cruising!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 3/5/2024 at 7:38 AM, paddy Anne said:

Definitely not celebrity. They don’t even charge double but instead charge MORE THAN double. It’s crazy. 

I have an example here. Celebrity 11 day cruise. I was checking to see what difference was and its about $250.00 basically not charging for the extra person for tax & fees.  I would love to cruise with them again but feel priced out. 🤷‍♀️ 

image.png.703f0a45191e5a9a638e709b2f33a603.png

image.png.6d004cf390b18c8aaecef98fceeb33e5.png

Edited by shandryl

Posted (edited)

Claiming royal and celebrity charge more than double is comparing apples to oranges. Just saying as a solo myself. While I personally dont like that solos almost never can book gtys, comparing a gty price to a pick your own cabin price and then yelling see see see it costs more than double ...sorry ...a apple will never be a orange. 

I have 18 booked solo on royal. I pushed to 340 pts to get the solo discount and also only book group rates by and large. I have some incredible solo bargains imo. My TA applies my D+ discount then the 25% overall solo discount to the entire fare and then gives me the bottom line amount. DP340 for me is why I'm still booking so many, taking advantage of bargains. I have nothing booked even that close to $2k including a recent oceanview on radiance for 16 days panama transit. (Under 1600 solo, but also due to loyalty level). I booked lots of oasis class cruise, even wonder and utopia and a TA to spain in a balcony, and added a 10 day port intensive inside to rome to save the budget. Plenty booked under 1k. It's worth it to hit 340 pts on royal and find a TA with group rates. .. so I can cruise even more on less dollars.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Claiming royal and celebrity charge more than double is comparing apples to oranges. Just saying as a solo myself. While I personally dont like that solos almost never can book gtys, comparing a gty price to a pick your own cabin price and then yelling see see see it costs more than double ...sorry ...a apple will never be a orange. 

I have 18 booked solo on royal. I pushed to 340 pts to get the solo discount and also only book group rates by and large. I have some incredible solo bargains imo. My TA applies my D+ discount then the 25% overall solo discount to the entire fare and then gives me the bottom line amount. DP340 for me is why I'm still booking so many, taking advantage of bargains. I have nothing booked even that close to $2k including a recent oceanview on radiance for 16 days panama transit. (Under 1600 solo, but also due to loyalty level). I booked lots of oasis class cruise, even wonder and utopia and a TA to spain in a balcony, and added a 10 day port intensive inside to rome to save the budget. Plenty booked under 1k. It's worth it to hit 340 pts on royal and find a TA with group rates. .. so I can cruise even more on less dollars.

What is your TA's contact information, can you share?

14 minutes ago, SeaSirenVoyager said:

What is your TA's contact information, can you share?

No we cant share here, but as I said part of my rate is I pushed to 340 pts on royal to get a overall 25% discount... though royal says its 50% off the 2nd pax rate, same same my TA says. 

You can ask me if we are on the same cruise in person but not here. Royal also gives 2 pts a night even on inside cabins, 3 pts a night JS and up. I was at 197 pts early 2020 and now at 503. They also did double pts for a year so up to 6 a night. Pushed a lot of us up fast. 

10 hours ago, firefly333 said:

No we cant share here, but as I said part of my rate is I pushed to 340 pts on royal to get a overall 25% discount... though royal says its 50% off the 2nd pax rate, same same my TA says. 

You can ask me if we are on the same cruise in person but not here. Royal also gives 2 pts a night even on inside cabins, 3 pts a night JS and up. I was at 197 pts early 2020 and now at 503. They also did double pts for a year so up to 6 a night. Pushed a lot of us up fast. 

How does one find a TA with group rates?