Starboard or port

kelship

Hi all. 

Booked on the Koningsdam Inside Passage round-trip from Vancouver in late July. 

Does it matter which side of the ship we are on for gawking at the scenery? I feel like, since it's round-trip, that what we miss on the way up we will see on the way back. 

Currently booked on the port side. Is it worth/needed switching cabins?

• Like 1

You are correct, it doesn't matter as its roundtrip. In a more general sense, it doesn't matter because the scenery is all around you, and you are not locked in your room...you will be roaming the ship.

1 hour ago, kelship said:

Hi all. 

Does it matter which side of the ship we are on for gawking at the scenery? I feel like, since it's round-trip, that what we miss on the way up we will see on the way back. 

As a frequent Alaska cruiser and Koningsdam veteran, my advice would be to use the Club Orange option to upgrade to an aft-facing stateroom where you can "gawk" at scenery on both sides of the ship from the comfort/privacy of your own balcony.

Thanks to both of you. 

We are currently on deck 4, port side, used Club Orange, no aft balconies available. Sounds like no need to switch to starboard, thank you!

1 minute ago, kelship said:

Thanks to both of you. 

We are currently on deck 4, port side, used Club Orange, no aft balconies available. Sounds like no need to switch to starboard, thank you!

I will be aboard the Koningsdam the last week in April on your same itinerary.  During my cruise, I will be posting daily programs, dining menus, and updated bar menus that may help in your planning for July.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Crew News said:

I will be aboard the Koningsdam the last week in April on your same itinerary.  During my cruise, I will be posting daily programs, dining menus, and updated bar menus that may help in your planning for July.

That's great, thank you and Happy Cruising! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kelship said:

Hi all. 

The best views, especially when navigating in confined waters, are from the Bridge. Therefore, generally there is little difference between port & stbd over an entire cruise.

Personally, I have been subjected to fwd and aft cabins too many times during many years at sea, and as a pax prefer to avoid the potential pitfalls of both areas. When scenic cruising, my preference is to enjoy a fwd facing deck, fwd facing lounge, or just wandering around any of the outer decks.

• Thanks 1