Cost of drinks

pedirn

It’s all inclusive vs a la carte for drinks.  We have 2 upcoming cruises, 1 of each type.  We will see what the better deal for us is.  I suspect Celebrity is making millions off these drink packages.  

48 minutes ago, MAGSMFC said:

Can you bring on a pack of coke etc if you purchase it from a supermarket when you are in port or can you just bring it on the day you embark.

Thanks

Embarkation day only.

10 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I'm finding more people opting out of drinks packages. Maybe cruise lines will come up with another option or lower the prices of package. Its obviously a huge money maker especially on port intensive itineraries.  

Normally we buy packages as we find with wifi, tips (on other lines), drinks included it works for us.  But Celebrity seems to have a lower $$ amount per drink than other lines.   Will be interesting to see how this cruise goes.  We only have cruised Celebrity one time previously in the mid 90’s but the kids want to celebrate our 50th anniversary with us and this was only option that worked with everyone’s schedule.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pedirn said:

But Celebrity seems to have a lower $$ amount per drink than other lines.

X drinks are much more expensive than other cruise lines. X drink pkg also higher than other cruise lines. JMHO! 

• Like 2

On 3/5/2024 at 12:51 PM, pedirn said:

I am trying to decide if it is worth buying drink package or not.   From what I read the classic includes drinks up to $10 and if over you pay difference plus gratuity.   But what are standard prices?   I have searched on CC and the internet and cannot seem to find any of the drink menus.   I know fancy cocktails will cost more but am looking for typical like Bulleit and diet coke or Titos and diet sprite.   Also can anyone tell me cost of mocktails. Traveling with young grandson that will feel grown up sitting there with a drink.   TIA.

Not really my business, but as a retired bartender why would you mix Bulleit with diet coke, or Tito'd wit diet sprite?  Do you think it sounds distiguished?  I could mix bar bourbon with diet coke and cheap vodka with diet sprite and you would not be able to know the difference.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MixerDave said:

Not really my business, but as a retired bartender why would you mix Bulleit with diet coke, or Tito'd wit diet sprite?  Do you think it sounds distiguished?  I could mix bar bourbon with diet coke and cheap vodka with diet sprite and you would not be able to know the difference.  

I think I would know difference on Bulleit…I would drink higher end bourbon but I am mixing and not a sipper like my husband so I leave the expensive bourbons for him.  He has some very expensive bourbons that aren’t meant for mixing.  As for Tito’s…I am gluten free and that is one of the vodkas I can drink.  Have had some bad experiences trying other brands and can’t stand Absolute or Smirnoffs so I stick to what I know I can tolerate.   I know this is personal  taste preference.