Cost of drinks

pedirn

25 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

That's absurd for WCB to charge $19 for a cocktail. Most are quite good but certainly do not warrant that type of change. That's too bad as I was planning to go there on the beyond next week but will not bother now 

It depends what you're used to .. many European cities are charging that kind of rate for cocktails.

7 minutes ago, Overlandandsea said:

It depends what you're used to .. many European cities are charging that kind of rate for cocktails.

Yeah you may be right. Last year I had a glass of Kim Crawford SB in a restaurant that was $17 but I still think $19 is too high.  Is that with gratuities?

11 minutes ago, Overlandandsea said:

I have seen those prices on land also..it's our new world...

On 3/5/2024 at 4:41 PM, peach570 said:

some of us don't drink alcohol. What is price of a bottled water or soft drink ??  Thanks.

we are going to stop by Publix before the cruise and carry on a couple of 12-packs of sodas.

3 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

we are going to stop by Publix before the cruise and carry on a couple of 12-packs of sodas.

I think a small bottle water 2 or 3 bucks plus gratuities. I stock up on water during HH. 

Does anyone know the cost of a bottle of Jack Daniels and a bottle of Baileys in the shops on Celebrity Ascent.  I can then decide whether to purchase them at the airport or wait until we board the ship.

Many thanks 

15 minutes ago, MAGSMFC said:

Does anyone know the cost of a bottle of Jack Daniels and a bottle of Baileys in the shops on Celebrity Ascent.  I can then decide whether to purchase them at the airport or wait until we board the ship.

Many thanks 

I wouldn't buy either at the airport much better prices onboard the ship or in ports of call. Even better pricing if you buy 2 usually additional 20% off. 

One thing to remember is that just because it's on a list, doesn't mean it will be available at the bar you are at (or in some cases, on the ship), you have to be flexible.

30 minutes ago, MAGSMFC said:

Many thanks 

I hope you know that you cannot bring those bottles onto the ship, and if you purchase them on the ship, you cannot consume them on the ship.  

Posted (edited)
On 3/5/2024 at 4:41 PM, peach570 said:

some of us don't drink alcohol. What is price of a bottled water or soft drink ??  Thanks.

Bottled water was over $4 plus gratuity, Diet Coke was $5 plus gratuity, Heineken was $11 for a bottle plus gratuity.   I had the classic, but asked a person who ordered and didn't have package.  Ship water, juices, milk, coffee, tea,available in Oceanview buffet, and spa cafe, no charge...Unless you order smoothies in spa cafe.....

Edited by Hawkstar33
adding more content

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Is that regular water or sparkling water?

Regular    Many bringing their cold cups from home, and filling in the buffet...

Edited by Hawkstar33
add info
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

My understanding is that Celebrity prohibits bringing soft drinks onboard , in fact I think that's ture throughout the industry. If you are certain that the policy is different, pls let me know. We're Coke junkies and $4+ / can is highway robbery....

6 minutes ago, reterm said:

My understanding is that Celebrity prohibits bringing soft drinks onboard , in fact I think that's ture throughout the industry. If you are certain that the policy is different, pls let me know. We're Coke junkies and $4+ / can is highway robbery....

You can bring on cans of soda; you mneed to carry them onboard yourself.

22 minutes ago, reterm said:

if you do a search "bring and soda", you will find many similar threads:

15 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

You can bring on cans of soda; you mneed to carry them onboard yourself.

really ? you've done this? just double checking because NCL and other lines won't let you bring them...

1 minute ago, reterm said:

really ? you've done this? just double checking because NCL and other lines won't let you bring them...

Just got off a Princess cruise last month and my sister brought on a case of coke plus case ginger ale. In carry on. No issues 

2 minutes ago, reterm said:

ok, Ive looked at that other thread and it appears a lot of people do this.Thanks so much! 

4 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Just got off a Princess cruise last month and my sister brought on a case of coke plus case ginger ale. In carry on. No issues 

thnx so much! you've saved us a bundle! NCL won't let you bring on anything; and we spend upwards of $150/ week on coke!

1 hour ago, reterm said:

Backpack some 12 packs and you are good to go.  

1 hour ago, reterm said:

thnx so much! you've saved us a bundle! NCL won't let you bring on anything; and we spend upwards of $150/ week on coke!

I should have said 12 of each. 

We have decided to opt out of buying the drink package.  Our cruise is only a 5 day cruise.   Normally we book longer cruises but this time traveling with our family which consists of our 4 year old autistic grandson and his moms aren’t sure how he will do.  We have decided to pay as we go since we get complimentary drinks in the evening.   We will be taking diet coke with us for in cabin use.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pedirn said:

We have decided to opt out of buying the drink package.  Our cruise is only a 5 day cruise.   Normally we book longer cruises but this time traveling with our family which consists of our 4 year old autistic grandson and his moms aren’t sure how he will do.  We have decided to pay as we go since we get complimentary drinks in the evening.   We will be taking diet coke with us for in cabin use.

I'm finding more people opting out of drinks packages. Maybe cruise lines will come up with another option or lower the prices of package. Its obviously a huge money maker especially on port intensive itineraries.  

15 hours ago, reterm said:

Your understanding is not correct. There is no prohibition on bringing soft drinks on Celebrity