discount on upgrade beverage pkg now- what happens if price decreases?

I saw a discount offer from Celebrity today for upgrading to the premier beverage package from $15 to $11 pp per day plus 20% gratuities.

If I buy it now & the price decreases to $7 like some people on CC mentions happens, can I cancel mine if i paid for it & re-book at the lower price?

1 minute ago, catspaw1 said:

I saw a discount offer from Celebrity today for upgrading to the premier beverage package from $15 to $11 pp per day plus 20% gratuities.

If I buy it now & the price decreases to $7 like some people on CC mentions happens, can I cancel mine if i paid for it & re-book at the lower price?

Yes.  Have seen the upgrade offer you are booking occasionally.  A 50% off offer is a deeper discount than I remember ever seeing.

this offer was only 25% off. Usually we wait till we get onboard to use our OBC but this way we can spend it on something else! We do have $100 we can use now of OBC.

How often or when do they offer 50% off?

Yes you can just cancel and re-book immediately.   If you used OBC the credit is back within seconds.   If credit card could take 10 days to receive. 

3 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

this offer was only 25% off. Usually we wait till we get onboard to use our OBC but this way we can spend it on something else! We do have $100 we can use now of OBC.

There is no set timing.  They will occasionally have flash sales on purchasing the beverage packages for limited sailing.  Reducing the package price is more common than the $7 upgrade.  BTW when that $7 was offered it was only offered on 1 our our 6 booking.  

7 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

No way to predict.  It all depends on sailing, market demand, etc., driven by their algorithms.  There is no set timing that I am aware of.  Just keep watching the planner.

Thanks everyone for your helpful comments.

Based on all of your advice, I am booking the upgrade package to the premium package tonight.

Love that martini bar! I do understand I have to pay gratuities also.

Jim, I have followed a number of trips reports you have posted & really have appreciated them. I learned a lot from you so a big thanks! Are you switching to Oceania permanently now?