Guest Services or " Social" for Vibe on Joy ?

Recent Cruiser on Joy- Sorry to ask this but too many different responses in search function. Where exactly do you purchase Vibe passes onboard the Joy? I know may be sold out but going to make a run for it and don't want to screw up location. Thanks

12 minutes ago, UKstages said:

typically, a desk will be set up outside teppanyaki.

For Vibe?  Did you just tell us in another thread you had to deal with Guest Services to get yours?

56 minutes ago, zqvol said:

You are not going to find any vibe passes on sale on the ship. 

There might be last minute cancellations or no shows, so no harm in checking. But I agree, if it is sold out online, there will not be any that they held back just to sell onboard.

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. 

For what it is worth, and this is just my opinion based on trying to keep up with the new additional Vibe space information, I believe they did not start selling the additional passes or cabanas pre cruise yet.    If that is indeed the case, those new additional passes will be available on boarding day.  

36 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

For what it is worth, and this is just my opinion based on trying to keep up with the new additional Vibe space information, I believe they did not start selling the additional passes or cabanas pre cruise yet.    If that is indeed the case, those new additional passes will be available on boarding day.  

Considering they doubled the size and passes were on sale months before the refurb, I am tending (hoping) that this this is correct. Time will tell I guess...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 2boyzmom said:

Recent Cruiser on Joy- Sorry to ask this but too many different responses in search function. Where exactly do you purchase Vibe passes onboard the Joy? I know may be sold out but going to make a run for it and don't want to screw up location. Thanks

3 hours ago, UKstages said:

typically, a desk will be set up outside teppanyaki.

We got passes the day of embarkation last year on the Joy, it was inside Teppanyaki. Once entering, the restaurant reservations will be to the left, Vibe passes will be to the right. They have a very limited amount on board (it was explained to me to make it more fair for people who are not computer saavy). We got in line by 10:45, and we got some of the last 2 passes at 11:30am, the three people behind us were the last to get tickets. This was June 2023.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, psuboater said:

We got passes the day of embarkation last year on the Joy, it was inside Teppanyaki. Once entering, the restaurant reservations will be to the left, Vibe passes will be to the right. They have a very limited amount on board (it was explained to me to make it more fair for people who are not computer saavy). We got in line by 10:45, and we got some of the last 2 passes at 11:30am, the three people behind us were the last to get tickets. This was June 2023.

Things have changed 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Things have changed 

I am curious as how you would know?   The majority of your posts regarding The Vibe are anti-Vibe, so I cannot see you hurrying along upon boarding to obtain one.

Regardless, recent posts have indicated that there has been some success of obtaining passes on board.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Please don't listen to those saying there won't be passes. Joy is a special situation as she recently came out of a refurb.

There will be many available passes. Joy only pre-sold passes based on the old capacity. They have doubled the capacity and did not pre-sell any of the new passes. One the March 2 cruise 75- 100 or so passes were available on the day of sailing.

once they start preselling them again it will be a different story.

Edited by DrUrsula

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

There will be hundreds boarding before you. Not worth the effort for the remote possibility of a cancellation. 

And those hundreds will all not be interested in obtaining passes.   It is obsolutely worth the effort to obtain a pass if one wants one.  

@2boyzmom please report back and have a great cruise regardless.    

i have been successful buying passes on embarkation day; i’m in that camp, so please don’t misconstrue my thoughts on vibe capacity on the joy.

while it’s true it has just been through a dry dock and was expanded, there is no way they doubled the capacity. all they did, as I understand it, was take the upper deck laser tag area and turn that into useable vibe space. there is no way that doubled capacity. I’d be surprised if it added as much as an additional 35%.

again, passes will most likely be available on embarkation day, but it won’t be because they doubled the capacity.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, trivia addict said:

Can you elaborate?

Changed in what way? What are your sources?

You buy vibe passes before boarding now 

Most passes have been sold before boarding for several years now, not just recently.

However a few were usually held back or were from recent cancellations that have been sold first come, first serve inside the Teppanyaki restaurant upon embarkation.
Therefore, a lucky few were always able to snag a few passes onboard.

I haven't heard that this policy has changed.

no change. barring any unusual circumstances, like a recently reported computer glitch that oversold the vibe, resulting in a revocation of passes and a refund for some guests... 

a limited number of passes should be available for purchase on embarkation day, but passes can probably be purchased by more than a lucky few. 

the "change" is that they now sell the majority of passes online before the cruise.

on my october back to back on the joy, they had dozens of passes available on the day on both legs of the cruise. i'm not even sure they sold them all.

on the getaway in late january, the vibe was only at about 50% occupancy.

now, if you're traveling in good weather in july, competition may be fierce and the number of passes may be extremely limited, but they will sell passes on embarkation day, barring any unusual circumstances. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/7/2024 at 4:00 PM, psuboater said:

You were on the ship and in line by 10:45? 

in my case, on the joy in october of 2023, out of NYC, it was more like 11:20 AM.

and it was at a table set up just outside of teppanyaki. i was the first in line.

and on the second leg of the cruise out of miami, it was the same... about 11:20 or 11:30 AM, at a table set up just outside of teppanyaki.

13 hours ago, L1211 said:

You were on the ship and in line by 10:45? 

Yea, by accident 🙂 Our car service picked us up an hour earlier than scheduled and dropped us off at the pier while the last week was disembarking. They started boarding around 10:30 or so and we had a club balcony so we boarded fairly quickly. 

They had passes on the 5/26 cruise today that I got, along with others. They were not there before and they are not on the APP, only through NCL site.

On 3/8/2024 at 12:14 AM, BirdTravels said:

There will be hundreds boarding before you. Not worth the effort for the remote possibility of a cancellation. 

Got them and they opened plenty online today . Many of us purchased 😂

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, kelib said:

They had passes on the 5/26 cruise today that I got, along with others. They were not there before and they are not on the APP, only through NCL site.

Happy happy ! See you onboard 

• Like 1