Check-in “New” Problem

Check-in opened today for our April 22, 2024 cruise. First thing I, an  early-riser,   began the process.  I successfully checked myself in. Then I tried to switch profiles to check in my husband. No access was available. I tried again on the App on his phone 3 times. Not possible to check him in. I called Celebrity - waited for the call back. After checking with the “powers” that be I was informed that my husband’s check in has not opened yet. It could be any time now - some not open til 30 days before the cruise. The agent had no answer for me when I questioned the inconvenience of having to check daily.  
on the App. The notification says check in begins on March 8, 2024.  It doesn’t say for just “some guests.” It doesn’t say only one person from booking number will have access at a particular time. In 58 cruises on 7 different cruise lines this has never happened before. 
I realize my husband will just board at my boarding time no matter what time he receives. It’s just the absurdity of checking in separately on 2 different dates when we have the same booking number and are in the same stateroom. 

1 hour ago, luv4cruises said:

Check-in opened today for our April 22, 2024 cruise. First thing I, an  early-riser,   began the process.  I successfully checked myself in. Then I tried to switch profiles to check in my husband. No access was available. I tried again on the App on his phone 3 times. Not possible to check him in. I called Celebrity - waited for the call back. After checking with the “powers” that be I was informed that my husband’s check in has not opened yet. It could be any time now - some not open til 30 days before the cruise. The agent had no answer for me when I questioned the inconvenience of having to check daily.  
on the App. The notification says check in begins on March 8, 2024.  It doesn’t say for just “some guests.” It doesn’t say only one person from booking number will have access at a particular time. In 58 cruises on 7 different cruise lines this has never happened before. 
I realize my husband will just board at my boarding time no matter what time he receives. It’s just the absurdity of checking in separately on 2 different dates when we have the same booking number and are in the same stateroom. 

Interesting. I have not had the problem where I could check in one person but not another under the same booking.

The agent had no answer for me when I questioned the inconvenience of having to check daily.  
on the App.

No need to be unkind to someone on the phone who has no control over a company's computer system, especially when you know that your spouse can go thru check-in with whatever time you have. It's not a big deal, and it sounds like you have a month + to do it.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Interesting. I have not had the problem where I could check in one person but not another under the same booking.

Same. Both parties have always showed up for me at Check-in.

Posted (edited)

First world problem, lol. With 58 cruises under your belt, your problem aware that technology isn't perfect. And you already know that he'll just check in with you. Enjoy.

Edited by cruisinlawn
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

“Check-in date discrepancy”

This same subject was addressed yesterday under this title. 😊

so I guess everything "new" is old again...😀

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

OP, was all the info submitted for your husband when you booked the cruise (passport #, emergency contact phone #, etc?)

Obviously I can't speak for the OP, but there was no way for me to submit that info at booking.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, omahabob said:

Obviously I can't speak for the OP, but there was no way for me to submit that info at booking.

You or your TA can put that info after booking.  It's not the app, but online (you can use your laptop).  If you pull up your booking, you can submit your passport #, emergency contact & their phone number, etc.

You will also add this information to your app as your cruise gets closer (and when you can grab your check-in time).  Usually you can't add anything to the phone app a day or two before your embarkation. So, if you miss the check-in deadline (if the needed info isn't there), it usually means a stop at the check-in counter.

Edited by Ferry_Watcher

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

And probably three times last week and the week before that and the prior week as well.

Remember that imoortant check-in rule - two tries then simply arrive at the pier.  No stress, no fuss and no wasted hours.

Same for dining reservations and the rest. 

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

You or your TA can put that info after booking.  It's not the app, but online (you can use your laptop).  If you pull up your booking, you can submit your passport #, emergency contact & their phone number, etc.

No, I have never been able to enter any of that until check-in opens, even from the website, at least for Celebrity (other cruise lines do things differently).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

I don't remember that thread talking about different check in days for different people on the same booking or cruise.  

I can't say I have ever experienced what OP is describing.  I have always been able to checkin both myself and my husband at the same time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

You will also add this information to your app as your cruise gets closer (and when you can grab your check-in time).  Usually you can't add anything to the phone app a day or two before your embarkation. So, if you miss the check-in deadline (if the needed info isn't there), it usually means a stop at the check-in counter.

Right. I can do it after booking, not during booking. It wouldn't even let me enter my wife's age at booking. It defaulted to the lowest adult age group. But I have to admit, the idea of being married to such a young woman did have it's appeal. 😄

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

No need to be unkind to someone on the phone who has no control over a company's computer system, especially when you know that your spouse can go thru check-in with whatever time you have. It's not a big deal, and it sounds like you have a month + to do it.  

I was not unkind. I don’t know how you interpreted my asking for info as unkind.

Happy Cruising to all!

It sounds like another chapter in their “How to run the worst IT system ever” book.

But honestly, why create a problem where there is none?!?! 
Shrug it off, do his check in later and go together.

I was up to check in last night but as midnight rolled around it still showed unavailable.  I refreshed several times over the next 10 minutes.  About 12:08 am check in was available.  I've never had to enroll separately for my spouse if we are in the same stateroom and this time was no different.  I filled out his information including passport and credit card and then went through the same process for me all within the same click through from my login for that cruise.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tschwa2 said:

I was up to check in last night but as midnight rolled around it still showed unavailable.  I refreshed several times over the next 10 minutes.  About 12:08 am check in was available.  I've never had to enroll separately for my spouse if we are in the same stateroom and this time was no different.  I filled out his information including passport and credit card and then went through the same process for me all within the same click through from my login for that cruise.  

Yep, same. I've been able to check in all parties that are on the same booking, right there when I'm logged in actually. I enter all passport info, credit card, etc. Picture was problem though, but not necessary.