2 Carnival Excursions in 1 Day?

Has anyone ever done this? Is there anything to be concerned about if the times line up (other than possible delays of the first excursion)?

On our upcoming Greenland cruise, we have a Viking ruins excursion booked for one of the Greenland ports. This tour is at 10:00 and lasts 2.5 hours so theoretically we should be done by 12:30. There is also a Greenlandic Food and Beer excursion in the same port that my husband would enjoy (me, I'm not so sure but hey I'd give it a try lol). There are many times available with the latest being 2:00. Does anyone see a major risk in booking both of these? If everything goes well, I should have a good hour and a half between excursions.

We have also done this.  If Carnival does not think it do-able they probably won't allow you to book it online.  We have had that happen also.

2 minutes ago, pe4all said:

We have also done this.  If Carnival does not think it do-able they probably won't allow you to book it online.  We have had that happen also.

It let me add it to cart and automatically put me on the 2:00 option so seems like they allow it.

• Like 4

On 3/8/2024 at 4:58 PM, Pyxie said:

On our upcoming Greenland cruise, we have a Viking ruins excursion booked for one of the Greenland ports. This tour is at 10:00 and lasts 2.5 hours so theoretically we should be done by 12:30. There is also a Greenlandic Food and Beer excursion in the same port that my husband would enjoy (me, I'm not so sure but hey I'd give it a try lol). There are many times available with the latest being 2:00. Does anyone see a major risk in booking both of these? If everything goes well, I should have a good hour and a half between excursions.

Is this in Qaqortoq?  We did two excursions while there with Celebrity and there were no issues.  We also did the Viking ruins excursion and then later did an iceberg tour.  The port area is small so when you come back from the Viking ruins excursion, you will not have far to go to meet for the other. 

I hope you have a great trip!  We just booked the Greenland cruise with Carnival for next year. 

7 minutes ago, Mangrove Snapper said:

Is this in Qaqortoq?  We did two excursions while there with Celebrity and there were no issues.  We also did the Viking ruins excursion and then later did an iceberg tour.  The port area is small so when you come back from the Viking ruins excursion, you will not have far to go to meet for the other. 

I hope you have a great trip!  We just booked the Greenland cruise with Carnival for next year. 

Yes it is. I went ahead and booked the 2nd excursion. 

Thank you!

• Like 1