Anyone have experience with prepurchased arcade credit? (Worried about auto refill?)

The verbiage on the planner page says this:

" To redeem the Arcade Credits, head to the arcade and start to play using the SeaPass card of the guest who purchased the credits. Guest will not be notified once Arcade Credits are depleted; additional arcade play will be charged to guest’s SeaPass at current onboard prices. "

We wanted to put some on each kiddo's card (i know, its a small arcade, but doing it before the cruise is 20% cheaper and they know once they are out, thats it for the cruise).

However that line above that says it wont notify you once depleted and additional play will be charged at current prices - This makes it sound like that if the kids dont know they are out of credits and swipe their cards again, it would let them keep playing and charging?

Anyone have experience with this?

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Pretty sure you can go to guest services and block their sea pass from purchases.

To confirm, guest services can place a parental limit on, or block altogether, additional SeaPass card purchases per card.  SeaPass cards can also be programed with no charge privileges as well. Suggest arranging one of these options if you are concerned about ongoing charges.  

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Neosophy said:

Mostly asking if the kids swap their card in a game (without a block) it automatically charges, even if no credits?

If whatever card is being used in the machine has charging capabilities, it will be charged. 

3 hours ago, Neosophy said:

Mostly asking if the kids swap their card in a game (without a block) it automatically charges, even if no credits?

Yes it will be charged. The only reason to buy credits in advance is for the discount. Otherwise there is no need to buy in advance.

Recently I have seen people report disappointment at the number of arcade games that are out of order and they ask for their money back for the credits they purchased. Just a heads up, maybe it's not worth it to purchase in advance, and just ask guest services to place a limit on the kids' arcade purchases. 

4 hours ago, SG65CB said:

Yes it will be charged. The only reason to buy credits in advance is for the discount. Otherwise there is no need to buy in advance.

Recently I have seen people report disappointment at the number of arcade games that are out of order and they ask for their money back for the credits they purchased. Just a heads up, maybe it's not worth it to purchase in advance, and just ask guest services to place a limit on the kids' arcade purchases. 

Can the limit a card by activity? So the kids could use it for some things but not others?

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Neosophy said:

Can the limit a card by activity? So the kids could use it for some things but not others?

I don't think so and believe if charging privileges are activated they could only limit the amount that each card can be charged.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

2 hours ago, Neosophy said:

There are two categories for spending on kids' Seapass cards. One is for the arcade, and the other is for everything else.

There is an automatic $50 per day limit for the arcade. You can adjust that higher or lower. It is a daily limit, not per cruise.

For all other spending on the Seapass card you can turn it off to prevent any spending, or place a limit. I am not sure if it is a daily limit or a total credit limit. You can disallow all spending during your online cruise check-in. If you want to place a limit you need to visit guest services. 

• Thanks 1

Which ship will you be on? Recently on Wonder of the seas, the remaining balance displayed with each swipe just like at land based arcades. Haven’t seen this on any of the older ships.

After the prepaid credits run out, each game will be charged to the seapass card if charging  privileges. If no charging privileges, there is a kiosk where additional credits can be loaded onto the card using cash or credit card.

8 hours ago, SG65CB said:

There are two categories for spending on kids' Seapass cards. One is for the arcade, and the other is for everything else.

Thank you for this information and correction to my prior post.  I weas not aware of this.

17 hours ago, SG65CB said:

This!!! 

Its not really worth it to pre-purchase other than the discount. The harder problem is having enough games that you want to play (and number of times) due to the number of non-operable machines/games. 

Thanks everyone.

I think we are going to pass on the prepurchase Arcade credit, even though its 20% discount which is nice, the comments about limited games and broken games, combined with the hassle of limiting kids cards for it, makes it not worth it.

3 minutes ago, Neosophy said:

Thanks everyone.

I think we are going to pass on the prepurchase Arcade credit, even though its 20% discount which is nice, the comments about limited games and broken games, combined with the hassle of limiting kids cards for it, makes it not worth it.

Even without the credit, you may still want to consider having GS place a limit on arcade purchases on their card once on board if that would be a concern.

Enjoy your cruise.

There is a youth deal if they are C&A members - if $50 is spent on one card, $25 is credited back to the account on the last day. So if you end up on a ship with a good arcade and want to allow them some play time, that deal is better than the 20% off. 

12 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

There is a youth deal if they are C&A members - if $50 is spent on one card, $25 is credited back to the account on the last day. So if you end up on a ship with a good arcade and want to allow them some play time, that deal is better than the 20% off. 

Link to RLC Official benefit saying that? First ive ever heard of it 🙂

AND, we used this benefit two years ago. My kids just shared one card to play the $50 worth since the arcades weren't great and then we had the credit before we disembarked.

13 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

AND, we used this benefit two years ago. My kids just shared one card to play the $50 worth since the arcades weren't great and then we had the credit before we disembarked.

Thanks so much, never looked down that far!