Anyone ever stayed in the Haven and purchased Vibe?

Just curious...LOL

Although I usually stay in the Haven(actually AF Penthouse) I've always kinda wanted to buy Vibe passes and see how it compares at least once. Passes are currently available for my cruise! Anyone ever done both on the same cruise?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chill6x6 said:

Just curious...LOL

Although I usually stay in the Haven(actually AF Penthouse) I've always kinda wanted to buy Vibe passes and see how it compares at least once. Passes are currently available for my cruise! Anyone ever done both on the same cruise?

Never did it but I know a couple who did. The only reason they did because they like to drink. And the Vibe has their own bar and the Haven sundeck does not. To me thats not a good enough reason to spend a couple hundred dollars more. I can wait 10 minutes for a drink Lol

• Like 1

I agree, all the Haven cruises we have done, we have always had good bar service on the sundeck and by the Haven pool. Also, we have no issue walking the 30 seconds to the Haven Bar to grab drinks. I wish Vibe had a small splash pool, because Haven prices have gotten so crazy that wife and I are trying MSC yacht club next cruise in September. Our next NCL cruise will most likely not be in the Haven, so we may opt for Vibe Beach club. 

• Like 1

We are actually doing this on our upcoming cruise.  We have friends cruising with us and they are not staying in the Haven so we all bought Vibe passes.  

• Like 4

We have not, however, we wished we did when we were in the Joy Haven.   Our experience was it was very hard to get a comfortable lounge chair and the bar service was, for us, practically non-existent.    Lately we have been just going with club balcony suites with Vibe passes and our four specialty dinners being platinum.   We have been just as happy while savings thousands of dollars.   

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Back to school said:

No kids for Vibe.  The worst kids, Haven🤣

This is true.  Probably b/c we think staying in the Haven equates to a more adult-like atmosphere....not.

4 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Lately we have been just going with club balcony suites with Vibe passes and our four specialty dinners being platinum.   We have been just as happy while savings thousands of dollars.   

@vacation44 I like your approach!  That's what we do too!  Only drag is that you can't add-on late-booking friends as there's no consistently reliable way to know if the Vibe is still available or not...which is likely is not...

• Like 3

Haven sundeck bar service is really not that great for sure.  Price on Bliss would be $249 pp.  Adults only and a handy bar are pretty nice selling points.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, vacation44 said:

We have not, however, we wished we did when we were in the Joy Haven.   Our experience was it was very hard to get a comfortable lounge chair and the bar service was, for us, practically non-existent.    Lately we have been just going with club balcony suites with Vibe passes and our four specialty dinners being platinum.   We have been just as happy while savings thousands of dollars.   

We also add the Premium Plus beverage package and it’s still less than half the price of an entry level Haven cabin.

• Like 1

i've stayed in the haven. i've had vibe passes. without a doubt, the service in the vibe is far and away much better than the service on the haven sun deck. i can see why folks might want to do this, but it seems so extravagant. i typically do back-to-backs... a vibe pass could run $500 - $600 for the entire duration of the cruises.

there is also a logistical problem.

while, on most ships, the haven sun deck and the vibe are right next door to each other, there is no easy way to get from one to the other. there is typically a door or two, with an emergency alarm on it connecting the two areas, as well as a warning saying "authorized personnel only" or some such. if you don't get permission to travel through that door, you will have to exit the haven complex and go all the way around to enter the vibe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UKstages said:

there is also a logistical problem

1 hour ago, UKstages said:

if you don't get permission to travel through that door, you will have to exit the haven complex and go all the way around to enter the vibe.

That is definitely the text book definition of a "FIRST WORLD PROBLEM"!  🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, UKstages said:

i've stayed in the haven. i've had vibe passes. without a doubt, the service in the vibe is far and away much better than the service on the haven sun deck. i can see why folks might want to do this, but it seems so extravagant. i typically do back-to-backs... a vibe pass could run $500 - $600 for the entire duration of the cruises.

there is also a logistical problem.

while, on most ships, the haven sun deck and the vibe are right next door to each other, there is no easy way to get from one to the other. there is typically a door or two, with an emergency alarm on it connecting the two areas, as well as a warning saying "authorized personnel only" or some such. if you don't get permission to travel through that door, you will have to exit the haven complex and go all the way around to enter the vibe.

I believe the Escape actually has access through a door on the deck upper (enclosed) haven lounge/sundeck area.  I may be wrong but I saw the door on a youtube video tour of the Escape Haven.

the doors are definitely there... in every vibe which adjoins the haven sun deck.

i haven't been on the escape, but if it's anything like every other ship i have been on, the doors are marked for emergency use and or authorized use only. i've seen them used by attendants and bartenders who had to deliver towels or liquor from one side to the other, by cleaning crews, by execs conducting a tour and, in one case, for getting an individual in a wheel chair into the vibe. i've never seen them used by guests to travel routinely from one side to the other, but, then again, most haven guests don't buy vibe access.

6 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

I believe the Escape actually has access through a door on the deck upper (enclosed) haven lounge/sundeck area.  I may be wrong but I saw the door on a youtube video tour of the Escape Haven.

Escape does have a door and folks from Haven could go through

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UKstages said:

the doors are definitely there... in every vibe which adjoins the haven sun deck.

i haven't been on the escape, but if it's anything like every other ship i have been on, the doors are marked for emergency use and or authorized use only. i've seen them used by attendants and bartenders who had to deliver towels or liquor from one side to the other, by cleaning crews, by execs conducting a tour and, in one case, for getting an individual in a wheel chair into the vibe. i've never seen them used by guests to travel routinely from one side to the other, but, then again, most haven guests don't buy vibe access.

This is not a door in the divider between Vibe and Haven sundecks but an interior Haven complex door

I remember there being a door between the Vibe and Haven on the sundeck.   On our first NCL cruise, we were in the Vibe on the Escape and I kept wondering (as a newbie) where the door lead.   

2 hours ago, TSUmom said:

This is not a door in the divider between Vibe and Haven sundecks but an interior Haven complex door

Yes....The Escape has a door going from the Vibe into the Haven interior.  It is right next to the Vibe restrooms and opens with a Haven keycard. It leads to a staircase that takes you down to the Haven Deck 18 cabins.  Took a screen shot from an youtube video.

image.thumb.png.01c663c102959538ddae3de8a9ae7566.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2024 at 6:38 AM, TSUmom said:

We are actually doing this on our upcoming cruise.  We have friends cruising with us and they are not staying in the Haven so we all bought Vibe passes.  

I've done this, too- the concierge thought I was crazy. Lol.  Honestly, I love my Haven splurges,  but I also think club-class+vibe+spa (which is usually still half the haven cost) is the same level of service for the amenities I use the most during lazy sailing-focused itineraries. 

• Like 2

On 3/11/2024 at 8:56 AM, gmbhardy said:

Vibe is generally filled with people staying in the Haven.

Is this statement really getting a pass from this crowd?  I'm disappointed in all of you.

On 3/11/2024 at 9:56 AM, gmbhardy said:

Vibe is generally filled with people staying in the Haven. The Haven sun deck is boring. 

6 hours ago, IAcruising said:

Is this statement really getting a pass from this crowd?  I'm disappointed in all of 

@IAcruising, that statement got right pass me!

The Vibe is 100% not filled with mostly Haven passengers.  Are there some Haven passengers in the Vibe?  Yes, but the are in the low minority. 

• Like 2

On 3/11/2024 at 2:27 PM, JGmf said:

This is true.  Probably b/c we think staying in the Haven equates to a more adult-like atmosphere....not.

On 3/11/2024 at 10:02 AM, Back to school said:

No kids for Vibe.  The worst kids, Haven🤣

There are no kids allowed on the Haven Sundeck. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 8:19 PM, chill6x6 said:

Just curious...LOL

The Vibe and Haven Sundeck are literally 2 inches apart, separated by a metal door. Yup, you can spend your money to be 2” away. Both are adults only. I don’t think it is worth the money to say “I am in the Vibe”. Better to say “I am in the Haven”. 

we sailed in the Haven twice last year and on both ships, the Haven deck attendants were constantly available to bar and food orders. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 9:56 AM, gmbhardy said:

Vibe is generally filled with people staying in the Haven. The Haven sun deck is boring. 

Totally fake news. Most Haven guest couldn’t be bothered. 

20 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The Vibe and Haven Sundeck are literally 2 inches apart, separated by a metal door. Yup, you can spend your money to be 2” away. Both are adults only. I don’t think it is worth the money to say “I am in the Vibe”. Better to say “I am in the Haven”. 

we sailed in the Haven twice last year and on both ships, the Haven deck attendants were constantly available to bar and food orders. 

I've decided not to do it.  I was thinking about it just for fun and to see exactly what the Vibe is all about,  We always stay in an Haven AF PH so there's really no need.  If we don't like the "vibe" in the Haven we have the balcony with loungers and really the view is better anyway!

Thanks for the responses!