Joining ship a couple of days after departure

I am wondering if anyone has done this before and give me some pointers on how to proceed:

there are 4 of us on the infinity’s greek island cruise coming up, however it appears that due to a family emergency I may not be able to join the rest of my family for the Athens departure. I could however join them in Thessaloniki a day or two later. How do I go about informing Celebrity? Is it enough for my husband to inform them at check-in in Athens (and provide arrival information) or do I have to send an email to someone (perhaps via the TA)?  Maybe there is someone whomhas experience with this? Thanks much in advance

This is probably not the right place to ask that question.  Only the cruise line can give you the answer.  Call your travel agent to handle the arrangements.  If you don't have one, call Celebrity.

Posted (edited)

Since covid I have made 2 requests to downline.  They were refused.   Made the request as required.  Told only if I miss the departure because of a flight issue could I join later.  Leaving early - told simply no.  On West Coast cruises many of us that live near Victoria BC would prefer to simply disembark there instead of several hours drive/ferry or an expensive floatplane ride.

They used to charge $45 or so.  

If you miss the ship could others in your party notify Celebrity you had a problem?  When they check in or shortly before.  All sorts of reasons to miss a flight.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

Posted (edited)

Each nation’s laws regarding the possibility of joining a ship late are different.  What has been denied in Canada May be allowed in Greece.  All you can do is fill out the applications and wait.  Your travel agent should be helpful in that.

Edited by cruisestitch

I would contact them now to inquire about  doing this.  Happened to me twice but due to flight issue.  Was able to board in Mexico and in  Puerto Rico.  This was a long time ago.