50% off Plus package last year in UK.

rosevew

Does anybody have a copy of the T&C for this promotion which was for the King's Coronation, please? I'm trying to upgrade to premier and was previously told that it would be the difference between the Plus full price and premier. Now I've gone to do it, they are saying that it's the difference between the half price and the premier price.

To a degree, I can understand the logic of that. However, to all intents and purposes, I've bought the Plus Package which is what my booking shows so should only have to pay the difference which is £15pd.

I don't have this information...but many times I have been able to "look up" historical website pages at the "Internet Wayback Machine".  (Seriously...it sounds like a joke but it is real.)

https://archive.org/web/

If it is a static page then you may very well be able to find what you are looking for.  However, if it is something that requires a database lookup (pricing, ship itineraries etc.) then you're out of luck.

• Like 1

1. I already purchased my cruise. Can I upgrade to either Princess Plus or Princess Premier?
    Absolutely! You can upgrade from Princess Standard to Princess Plus for only £50 per day or to Princess Premier for £65 per day. If you already have Princess Plus on your reservation, you can upgrade to Princess Premier for the difference, based on the price of your original package. To do so, simply log in to Cruise Personalizer, contact Princess via our Contact Center, or contact your Travel Advisor.

I hope this gives you your answer @rosevew

8 minutes ago, Esprit said:
  1. I already purchased my cruise. Can I upgrade to either Princess Plus or Princess Premier?
    Absolutely! You can upgrade from Princess Standard to Princess Plus for only £50 per day or to Princess Premier for £65 per day. If you already have Princess Plus on your reservation, you can upgrade to Princess Premier for the difference, based on the price of your original package. To do so, simply log in to Cruise Personalizer, contact Princess via our Contact Center, or contact your Travel Advisor.

That's normal t&c but not related to the package. My account shows me having booked plus (showing £50). Nowhere does anything refer to the special 50% off deal.

11 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Yup, it indicates a guest has to pay the full difference between discounted Plus and today's Premier price.  At the time, if Premier was also half-price, then it would have been possible to make the switch cheaper.

• Like 2

I agree with @steelers36.

The T&C's state "based on the price of your original package". What you therefore paid is the base cost, and you need to pay the difference for the upgrade.

• Like 1

Just now, Steelers36 said:

Yup, it indicates a guest has to pay the full difference between discounted Plus and today's Premier price.  At the time, if Premier was also half-price, then it would have been possible to make the switch cheaper.

I get that but I have been told twice by Princess that it was the difference between the full plus price and premier so they should honour that.

If I wait until onboard, they will probably only charge that as they have no idea what deal I booked under.

Screenshot_20240312-155857.png

2 hours ago, rosevew said:

I get that but I have been told twice by Princess that it was the difference between the full plus price and premier so they should honour that.

If I wait until onboard, they will probably only charge that as they have no idea what deal I booked under.

What's the big deal then, just wait until you board and do the upgrade transaction! 😉

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hamrag said:

What's the big deal then, just wait until you board and do the upgrade transaction! 😉

It will cost us more as they won't apply BLC onbaord!

That promotion seems to have ended. 

You have a better chance of being struck by lightning than having the price of an expired promotion applied onboard to a package upgrade. 

Bottom line, they won't do it. 

Don't let it ruin your vacation chasing this. 

4 minutes ago, rosevew said:

It will cost us more as they won't apply BLC onbaord!

🤔  But, you posted:

'Now I've gone to do it, they are saying that it's the difference between the half price and the premier price'

And most contributions are agreeing that if you do it online it's the difference between your 50% off plus and full price premier! That's why I posted my comment, it will cost less on board even without BLC....what is that??

11 minutes ago, hamrag said:

🤔  But, you posted:

'Now I've gone to do it, they are saying that it's the difference between the half price and the premier price'

And most contributions are agreeing that if you do it online it's the difference between your 50% off plus and full price premier! That's why I posted my comment, it will cost less on board even without BLC....what is that??

A) you can't do it online B) Blue Light Card discount

It will cost us more to do it onboard than the price that they told us it would be on enquiring recently. I know that doing it onboard without the BLC is cheaper than paying the currently quoted price.

However, I only asked if anybody had a copy of the T&C from the promo, not for anything else.

17 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

That promotion seems to have ended. 

You have a better chance of being struck by lightning than having the price of an expired promotion applied onboard to a package upgrade. 

Bottom line, they won't do it. 

Don't let it ruin your vacation chasing this. 

The promo I had was May 2023, I know that's expired?  I'm not trying to have the price of an expired pormo applied onboard.

14 minutes ago, rosevew said:

However, I only asked if anybody had a copy of the T&C from the promo, not for anything else.

I’m sorry I wasted your time trying to help.