Stateroom Bar Setup

PhotoFlo

Does anyone know what this drink package includes?  I see you choose your alcohol and they provide soda, tonic, and ginger ale. It says for the length of the cruise but does not indicate how much you get or if you can replenish at all.  Thanks in advance. 

9 minutes ago, PhotoFlo said:

Does anyone know what this drink package includes?  I see you choose your alcohol and they provide soda, tonic, and ginger ale. It says for the length of the cruise but does not indicate how much you get or if you can replenish at all.  Thanks in advance. 

Which package?  Minibars have a selection of beverages and you pay as you go.  Top suites come with a couple 750ml bottles of liquor you choose if that is what you are referring to.  In a suite that includes a premium drink package that means free drinks at any bar I would not be buying more booze to replenish the bar.

You can also purchase bottles and set up for any cabin.

4 hours ago, PhotoFlo said:

We purchased one of these packages several years ago. It was a one litre bottle and it came with 6 mixers of our choice and a box of mixed nuts. If you wanted more mixers you would then have to purchase them if you didn’t have a drinks package,

7 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Which package?  Minibars have a selection of beverages and you pay as you go.  Top suites come with a couple 750ml bottles of liquor you choose if that is what you are referring to.  In a suite that includes a premium drink package that means free drinks at any bar I would not be buying more booze to replenish the bar.

You can also purchase bottles and set up for any cabin.

I believe that the OP is inquiring about the bottles and set up package, which is one bottle of liquor and six cans of mixer.

3 hours ago, chemmo said:

We purchased one of these packages several years ago. It was a one litre bottle and it came with 6 mixers of our choice and a box of mixed nuts. If you wanted more mixers you would then have to purchase them if you didn’t have a drinks package,

Thank you very much!  Doesn’t seem like a good value to me.  

2 hours ago, PhotoFlo said:

It’s not if you have a drink package.  Nicer to find a quiet bar somewhere unless you want to sit on your balcony.

3 hours ago, PhotoFlo said:

I think it works well for those who don’t particularly drink so don’t want a package but maybe just enjoy either an afternoon drink on the balcony or a late night nightcap. 

I would think for a couple it would be cheaper than buying 2 x double cognacs every night to take back to the room and certainly more convenient! 

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

I think it works well for those who don’t particularly drink so don’t want a package but maybe just enjoy either an afternoon drink on the balcony or a late night nightcap. 

I would think for a couple it would be cheaper than buying 2 x double cognacs every night to take back to the room and certainly more convenient! 

I thought I was that person.  The balcony person.  But my husband only drinks wine so I’d have to finish a bottle in 2 weeks.  The drink package is a better deal if you are more social.  And gives you the advantage of trying anything at any bar, not just one liquor.

10 hours ago, zitsky said:

I thought I was that person.  The balcony person.  But my husband only drinks wine so I’d have to finish a bottle in 2 weeks.  The drink package is a better deal if you are more social.  And gives you the advantage of trying anything at any bar, not just one liquor.

Tend to agree. It's the ability to try new things that we'd never do at home. 

14 hours ago, zitsky said:

We tend to book rooms that come with a bar set up and do tend to use it more than we would have expected. Nice to mix a g & t as you are getting ready to go out or to return to your balcony late at night and sit out with a cognac…

However, much as we sometimes enjoy this perk it isn’t vital. Like yourself, we enjoy company at the bar and trying new drinks. Also, no cabins are that far from a bar, so you can easily bring a drink back to your room if you want one…

As I said, a product probably making the most sense for guests with no drinks package.

Even though we always get a Premium Drink Package -   Iain enjoys having a drink at night after we return to our room.   He finds it a convenience to purchase a Bar Setup.  That may be changing because they have recently increased the price by about 60%.    Last couple times I was able to purchase it through Gifts for about 30% less than the Bar Setup.  As you can guess they eliminated it from the Gifts site.

The package includes a 750 Ltr bottle of Premium Liquor and Mixers.   Our butler then always tops up the mixers and brings Lemons / Limes daily.