25th cruise recognition

I currently have completed 22 cruises on Carnival and have 2 already purchased bringing me to 24.  If I sign up for my 25th is this the one I get 25% off or will it be the next one?  Anyone have any experience with this?  

I just experienced this situation. I actually called my PVP yesterday and asked about the milestone credit. My wife and I both have over 25 cruises each. I called my PVP to see if I had used my milestone credit. The PVP was not able to see it in the system and had to call the Milestone office. I was told I had not used the credit and it was on available as on board credit only. I could not use the credit to reduce the cruise cost (bummer). The PVP told me the 25% credit would be applied to the base price excluding tax and port charges. If the cruise is $400 before tax and port charges, I would get $100 on board credit. I was also told that since me and my wife had a credit, we could use the credits on the same cruise or separate cruises. If anyone has had a different experience with Carnival, please comment.

1 hour ago, ledges1 said:

I just experienced this situation. I actually called my PVP yesterday and asked about the milestone credit. My wife and I both have over 25 cruises each. I called my PVP to see if I had used my milestone credit. The PVP was not able to see it in the system and had to call the Milestone office. I was told I had not used the credit and it was on available as on board credit only. I could not use the credit to reduce the cruise cost (bummer). The PVP told me the 25% credit would be applied to the base price excluding tax and port charges. If the cruise is $400 before tax and port charges, I would get $100 on board credit. I was also told that since me and my wife had a credit, we could use the credits on the same cruise or separate cruises. If anyone has had a different experience with Carnival, please comment.

Exactly! If you opt to use only your credit and save your spouses the OBC is calculated on the base fare for just passenger. The best way to maximize the credit is to use it on a cruise that costs more such as Alaska or Hawaii or one of the international sailings. Some people splurge and get a higher category cabin on the ship as well. If you have always wanted to try a suite you will get more back in OBC. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cruisewithwife said:

So to be clear it doesn't have to be used on the 25th cruise, it is just available once you book at least 25 cruises?

That is correct. I am on about #30 and it is still available for use. Just do not forget about it because Carnival will not remind you.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cruisewithwife said:

So to be clear it doesn't have to be used on the 25th cruise, it is just available once you book at least 25 cruises?

It is available once you are on your 25th. Having 25 cruises booked in the future doesn't count. In general, I think they would like for you to use before the next award at 50.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ledges1 said:

That is correct. I am on about #30 and it is still available for use. Just do not forget about it because Carnival will not remind you.

Good deal. Definitely need to plan to use it on an expensive one so get most bang for your buck

• Like 1

We used mine on a 2 week Journeys. We still have my wife's 'in the bank'. As others have said, use only on expensive cruises. Right now we're approaching 30 cruises so no rules about when they must be used by. AND, Carnival won't remind you. We arranged usage via our PVP. Her advice was to let her know approximately 30 days before the planned cruise. Once she does the paperwork, it showed up as OBC about 2-3 days before the cruise.

3 hours ago, ledges1 said:

This is a good time to cruise solo. If double occupancy, the credit only applies to your cruise fare, not the entire cruise fare.  As described above. This is one time I was happy I was solo. Used mine for alaska. 

• Like 3