Manfredi’s #5

Clay Clayton

Enjoyed the new (at least to us) Menu at Manfredi’s last night.  The asparagus appetizer is delicious as was the vitello tonato.   The steak while not as thick as in the before times is better than the very thin ones we had just two weeks ago on the previous menu.  The osso bucco is still very tasty though the portion seems smaller which is ok with us as it always was a bit overwhelming before. Friends have said the lasagna isn’t as good as the previous version-may try that next week when we go back.  The Carmelo dessert is tasty but VERY sweet-they pour the caramel sauce at the table so will probably try it without next time. The Millefolgie was light and tasty. 

IMG_3541.jpeg

IMG_3542.jpeg

IMG_3543.jpeg

IMG_3544.jpeg

IMG_3545.jpeg

IMG_3546.jpeg

IMG_3547.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Enjoyed the new (at least to us) Menu at Manfredi’s last night.  The asparagus appetizer is delicious as was the vitello tonato.   The steak while not as thick as in the before times is better than the very thin ones we had just two weeks ago on the previous menu.  The osso bucco is still very tasty though the portion seems smaller which is ok with us as it always was a bit overwhelming before. Friends have said the lasagna isn’t as good as the previous version-may try that next week when we go back.  The Carmelo dessert is tasty but VERY sweet-they pour the caramel sauce at the table so will probably try it without next time. The Millefolgie was light and tasty. 

IMG_3541.jpeg

IMG_3542.jpeg

IMG_3543.jpeg

IMG_3544.jpeg

IMG_3545.jpeg

IMG_3546.jpeg

IMG_3547.jpeg

Love the asparagus!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Looks like the beef tartare is gone? Always my favorite. I agree, the ribeye had suffered on my Nov/Dec cruise. Short ribs are gone too? And the gorgonzola risotto. Nice to see lasagna back. We had menu #4 on the Star...the staff wasn't thrilled with it. I will be back on the Star on Monday and have Manfredi's reservation then. We'll see! Thanks Clay!

Edited by stretchcruz

2 hours ago, stretchcruz said:

Looks like the beef tartare is gone? Always my favorite. I agree, the ribeye had suffered on my Nov/Dec cruise. Short ribs are gone too? And the gorgonzola risotto. Nice to see lasagna back. We had menu #4 on the Star...the staff wasn't thrilled with it. I will be back on the Star on Monday and have Manfredi's reservation then. We'll see! Thanks Clay!

@stretchcruz

We'll be back on Star with you.  Now wondering which Manfredis menu will be offered.  On Star 28 December 2023, Manfredis waiter said they have 4 menus.  Now up to 5.  On MVJ, #3 listed.

• Like 1

The food sure is pretty!

What are the normal hours for the different restaurants, like Manfredi, World Cafe and Restaurant? Are they mostly overlapping times, or some open late or early?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Moby_Spout said:

The food sure is pretty!

What are the normal hours for the different restaurants, like Manfredi, World Cafe and Restaurant? Are they mostly overlapping times, or some open late or early?

Normal dinner time for all 3 venues is 6:00-9:00 PM

Afternoon tea is 4:00-5:00 PM in the Wintergarden, but not available on embarkation day.

Mamsen’s has snacks, soup, and dessert until Midnight.

World Cafe and Pool Grill open for lunch at 11:00 AM.
The Pool Grill will serve until around 3:00, but the World Cafe starts closing down around 1:30 PM.

Closing times may vary depending on special events (pool area often has something going on).

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

Here is the current hours on Sky.  Note pool grills quits lunch at 2:30 but has snacks with exactly the same menu after that until 5pm. 

IMG_3645.jpeg

Is the “Noodle Bar” at the pool new or just for the WC? I don’t recall ever seeing that before.

21 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

IMG_3541.jpeg

IMG_3542.jpeg

IMG_3543.jpeg

IMG_3544.jpeg

IMG_3545.jpeg

IMG_3546.jpeg

IMG_3547.jpeg

Do they still have a selection of side dishes, potatoes,vegetables ????

2 hours ago, harbourside said:

Do they still have a selection of side dishes, potatoes,vegetables ????

It’s an Italian restaurant. Take a look at the menu Clay posted in #1.

12 minutes ago, LindaS272 said:

It’s an Italian restaurant. Take a look at the menu Clay posted in #1.

I have.  Not listed.  Previous Mandredi's menus have always had a selection of vegetable sides.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, harbourside said:

I have.  Not listed.  Previous Mandredi's menus have always had a selection of vegetable sides.

I think Clay's menu photo was from the V Voyager app.  Manfredis does offer sides.  If you have a booked cruise, and a MVJ Account... onboard experience...Dining... Manfredis...sample menu #3 is listed -- opens in a new window on desktop.  (Does not open on my mobile)

Edited by FetaCheese

Posted (edited)

From Manfredi's Menu #3:  Copied and pasted, from PDF

Contorini - side dishes

Pomodorini Misti Saltati in Padella sautéed cherry tomatoes

Patate Novelle al Tartufo e Rosmarino new potatoes with truffle and rosemary

Spinaci alla Crema creamed spinach

Asparagi Grigliati grilled asparagus

Funghi Saltati in Padella con Ricotta Salata sautéed mushrooms with ricotta

Verdure di Stagione seasonal vegetables

Edited by FetaCheese

11 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Is the “Noodle Bar” at the pool new or just for the WC? I don’t recall ever seeing that before.

I don’t know if it’s just for WC.  We presume not since it’s been added to the newer ships and lets the pool grill not sit idle.  FWIW, it doesn’t seem to have as many choices as the ones in the newer ships. 

Just now, harbourside said:

What I was trying to find out if the #5 menu also others sides and if they differ from previous menu versions.

It does and they do. I can only remember two, though there were more-sautéed spinach with garlic and Parmesan (very tasty-better IMHO than the creamed version), and grilled veggies. Mike seems to recall, Rosemary potatoes and a salad with walnuts and gorgonzola. 

33 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

It does and they do. I can only remember two, though there were more-sautéed spinach with garlic and Parmesan (very tasty-better IMHO than the creamed version), and grilled veggies. Mike seems to recall, Rosemary potatoes and a salad with walnuts and gorgonzola. 

Thanks.  Sides sound like a step up.  Hope we have this menu in January .Australian Circumnaviagion 32 days. Also, hope the hamburgers have reverted back to the ones you had, and not the cardboard discs others have complained about.

• Like 1

We just got off the Saturn in the Med.  Here is the Manfredi's Menu #4 (or so they told us) a couple weeks ago.

The Short Ribs were absolutely amazing!   As was the Grigliata di Mare.

ManfredisNum4.thumb.JPG.c10acde3fad87248222728962d2cb4e9.JPG

DesertMenu.thumb.JPG.ad392f6e2736d05f91961a88ba7583d0.JPG

ShortRibs.thumb.JPG.62b464aeeebf965cabfb135155cdf6e2.JPG

41 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

We just got off the Saturn in the Med.  Here is the Manfredi's Menu #4 (or so they told us) a couple weeks ago.

The Short Ribs were absolutely amazing!   As was the Grigliata di Mare.

ManfredisNum4.thumb.JPG.c10acde3fad87248222728962d2cb4e9.JPG

DesertMenu.thumb.JPG.ad392f6e2736d05f91961a88ba7583d0.JPG

ShortRibs.thumb.JPG.62b464aeeebf965cabfb135155cdf6e2.JPG

@CCWineLover

Thanks, this was same menu as was on Star December 2023.

10 hours ago, Moby_Spout said:

Ok, sounds like dinner is a winner.

What comes in 2nd - breakfast or lunch? Which is your favorite, and which place (world, poolside, etc.)?

Breakfast of Champions-grilled lamb chops, eggs, mushrooms, hash browns and a side of hollandaise at The Restaurant. 

IMG_9775.jpeg

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Breakfast of Champions-grilled lamb chops, eggs, mushrooms, hash browns and a side of hollandaise at The Restaurant. 

IMG_9775.jpeg

Has anyone had luck getting those lamb chops for dinner? Maybe in the World Cafe? I love them but can’t handle that much food for breakfast.