The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday March 18th, 2024

kazu

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We were in Ashdod on the Prinsendam in 2017, and spent two days there since our call to Egypt was cancelled.  Our taxi driver from the day in Haifa, met us at the shuttle drop-off and we spent the day seeing Masada, and Jerusalem.  I hope I don't repeat many of the pictures @StLouisCruisers posted.

On our way to Masada, we stopped at an overlook for a view of the Judean Desert.  You can catch a glimpse of the Dead Sea in the upper right hand corner of the second picture.

DSC01806.thumb.JPG.88aeac987b20830a94cbeb082b8d494a.JPG

DSC01809.thumb.JPG.f6333695eda2138ae3afae5e6f20985d.JPG

Our next stop was Masada.  The picture shows people walking up the Snake Path.  We took the gondola up and down.

DSC01831.thumb.JPG.c81d00fffdd17a2ca0f6f3848b9314bf.JPG

A couple of views of Masada and the Dead Sea.

DSC01837.thumb.JPG.ebfc6c326defeff26afc2b53441caa64.JPG

DSC01844.thumb.JPG.0cc3688b302ab87174fd0a783dc2ac45.JPG

Jerusalem was not on the day's itinerary, but we were ready to leave Masada about noon, so DH talked our driver into taking us to Jerusalem also.  He was not happy as that meant driving through Palestinian territory.  Once in the walled city, he rushed us through there, hitting a few of the high spots including the Church of the Holy Sepulcher and the Western Wall.  I spent more time trying to keep up and watch my footing, so there aren't too many pictures of the different quarters.  Our driver and DH went to the wall, but I waited at the barrier overlooking the Wailing Wall so I could get a picture of them.  Just before they reached the wall, a man very rudely and loudly ordered me away.   I would like to go back one day, and have a little more time walking through the old city.

Jerusalem from the viewpoint above the cemetery.

DSC01880.thumb.JPG.d7f84cef9800a729e2197ea33e87f1f4.JPG

DSC01881.thumb.JPG.c5ef95735cc35f50d45db7333385ed3a.JPG

The street from the parking garage to the Jaffa Gate.

DSC01902.thumb.JPG.b0879871d2839a36160d1cffd410488d.JPG

Another view of the Church of the Holy Sepulcher which was very crowded.  The wait to enter the tomb was an hour which we didn't have to spare.

DSC01911.thumb.JPG.d527291b77b9a0f74d9bc4549a17ecc6.JPG

One of the many narrow streets.

DSC01905.thumb.JPG.0f91c15a5a4ebc737a528ecf70d75671.JPG

The Western Wall and the Old City

DSC01937.thumb.JPG.8480264f873eb253ac58ee3eb78327fd.JPG

On the way out of the Old City, our driver spotted the Israeli President's car and wanted DH to take his picture beside it.  I also got a picture of our driver and the car.

DSC01962.thumb.JPG.a59606e449678d62d9181c9a40a3667f.JPG

Just a couple of pictures of Jerusalem as we headed back to the Prinsendam.  The traffic was horrific that day as it was the opening of the Knesset.

DSC01967.thumb.JPG.b4cd1be247b1e755d6f4531283101a91.JPG

DSC01969.thumb.JPG.f51b931cc040fca95d07b34326be2184.JPG

I'll post the pictures of our second day in Ashdod separately.

Lenda

Nice photos Lenda.

I don't think we will ever visit but have a good friend who lives in Tel Aviv who would show us around.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 9

Good afternoon.  I think it is about time to head out and spray the ground clear.  This time I'm using the concentrate instead of the ready to use spray.  I intend to make it fairly strong.  I hope this takes care of the weeds that the hula ho missed or that have popped up since last week.

DH got a couple of small problems in the motorhome fixed.  We also filled the fresh water tank, and emptied the black water and grey water tanks.  Now, all the hoses and the water softener are stored.  That is one less chore we'll have to do before we leave.

There are a few cabinets that can use more shelves, and I measured them today.  I also found some shelving left over from a couple of projects that I think we can use, even though they won't match what is in the cabinets.  Fortunately,  everything will be behind closed doors.

Well, the spraying will have to wait a bit.  We're heading out into the desert in the RZRs for a while.

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We've tried the bacon more than several times and didn't care for it. We asked for "really crispy" and it came looking like your picture. Please don't roast me!

Joy, I have like the bacon added to my Caesar salad, and DH likes it by itself.  However, on our last cruise, they used thin back instead of thick and it wasn't as good.

27 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Nice photos Lenda.

I don't think we will ever visit but have a good friend who lives in Tel Aviv who would show us around.

Thank you, Graham.  I'd like to go back to see Bethlehem and more of the old part of Jerusalem, but I doubt if that will happen now.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:
We had a fantastic cruise in the Eastern Mediterranean , Greece , Albania , Italy , Cyprus , Israel , Malta , Spain, Portugal and after that all the way back to Ft Lauderdale on the beautiful Prinsendam in Oct / Nov 2016 .

Our good friends Ann @VictOriann  , with DH Pat and their DD had organized a wonderful tour to Jerusalem and the Dead Sea from Ashdad. It was a very long but amazing day one we will always remember , towards the end of the day floating in the Dead Sea healed us all .

DSCN0587.thumb.JPG.46cd604e23a8dc8f342d0cd79614cefd.JPG

DSCN0596.thumb.JPG.5249020ac64f06ae7a3219d3495ecb2c.JPG

DSCN0615.thumb.jpg.5bb14f35d09d6b3847f4c330433490dc.jpg

DSCN0616.thumb.jpg.71735afeb9e12b12edfd2dd96af967b0.jpg

DSCN0626.thumb.jpg.187090ed31b2b3cc5abb09573bf4b518.jpg

DSCN0629.thumb.jpg.b5cc4fb9760b6f4af49efbf169a8e7a5.jpg

DSCN0633.thumb.jpg.94b18ecaf5ea622cec7d7db372289700.jpg

554626047_DSCN06682.thumb.JPG.2fdb4e9942d9450b91d18285337849f7.JPG

IMG_4781.thumb.JPG.44c8ec69a3ab5f8fb4884f6b17061dc5.JPG

1885734110_DSCN06542.thumb.JPG.63b659c20860dcba86fcf00b4cac4ce5.JPG

1991625135_DSCN06622.thumb.JPG.0bb3d56532e4d0569a8bed9c7db585f0.JPG

DSCN0641.thumb.JPG.a8081431d4b566df9573fa531bd8c773.JPG

DSCN0677.thumb.JPG.732cf344fb98a0d8e4aae8e889b7da25.JPG

DSCN0687.thumb.JPG.e2664519207e831cc707dca03ffd9bbd.JPG

DSCN0683.thumb.JPG.ecc132f6b5f4ee4c0d2bbe19b469f4fd.JPG

An amazing day and wonderful tour we saw so much history and religion in just a few hours after that we went to the Dead Sea but I will show some pictures in a separate post . ( they will have to go through the  censor board first ! 😄😄 ) 

Tony 😄

Great selection of photos Tony.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@YourWorldWithBill  welcome to the Daily.   

Today's wine 1994 edition.  I bet I paid in the high $20s for the bottle at Baltimore's precursor to Total Wine.  It has held up well and was delightful with my not quite fork tender pot roast. 

Power Point mostly complete just need to recreate a new outline.  

The Pileated Woodpeckers have started to fancy our suet.  We are going through a cake per day. 

IMG_20240318_155237659.jpg

IMG_20240318_171736003.jpg

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon, 

It's a lovely 62F with clear skies and lots of sunshine and another day like this for tomorrow is forecast. I'm finally home having done 2 water aerobics classes and some grocery shopping. 

@richwmn and the rest of the cast - this is a belated Thank You! Over the last 4 years the Daily has become a special place for me. You were all so supportive when DH was having health issues and I was grappling with things and even more supportive when he passed away. There were some days that I had tears in my eyes as I read some of the comments and they meant so much to me. Other days, when I'm having a quiet at-home day, you may be the only one I "talk" to during the day. You have all made a difference and all should be proud of that. It's the little things we do without even thinking about it that sometimes have the biggest impact. 
Thank you!!

Karen

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!   My late DF and DGF birthdays today. 

I really appreciate the photos of the holy land,   I am beginning to think  after several cancelled cruises there. We may never visit.    I particularly appreciated seeing Masada,   @Quartzsite Cruiser  as I had read the novel the Dove keepers.   

@smitty34877 hope the new bed comes quickly! 
@RMLincoln those tests are SO important and life saving!  Hope all goes well. 
@StLouisCruisers so glad your DGD feels so much better.   
@YourWorldWithBillwelcome aboard!

We got to visit our little grand dog, who’s recovering nicely.   

wishing all a good day,  DH has to have a follow up surgery today for a skin cancer, praying this goes better than last time.  

Happy birthday in heaven to your father and grandfather.

I hope your husband has a successful skin cancer surgery today.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good afternoon, 

It's a lovely 62F with clear skies and lots of sunshine and another day like this for tomorrow is forecast. I'm finally home having done 2 water aerobics classes and some grocery shopping. 

@richwmn and the rest of the cast - this is a belated Thank You! Over the last 4 years the Daily has become a special place for me. You were all so supportive when DH was having health issues and I was grappling with things and even more supportive when he passed away. There were some days that I had tears in my eyes as I read some of the comments and they meant so much to me. Other days, when I'm having a quiet at-home day, you may be the only one I "talk" to during the day. You have all made a difference and all should be proud of that. It's the little things we do without even thinking about it that sometimes have the biggest impact. 
Thank you!!

Karen

Nice post Karen.

God bless you.

Graham.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good afternoon, 

Thank you!!

Karen

We are glad we could be there for you, Karen.  Anytime you need us, just drop on by.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Jane, Jose was convinced that the water on the ship still had some salt in it due to my ankles.  So while I think the water on the ship is fine, I drank bottled water on numerous occasions and my problem was gone.

If he was right (and my ankles said he was) then you might want to mostly drink bottled water to be on the safe side salt wise.  Just a thought.

Thank you Jacqui, that is something I never thought about. I will definitely follow Dr. Jose's advise. The first time I had a heart failure problem my feet and legs swelled a lot. The only other time I had heart failure, and wound up in the hospital, I had no swelling of the extremeties, it was all in the abdomen and chest.  That was frightening because I didn't recognize why I was unable to breathe. 

Jane

4 hours ago, kazu said:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@luvteaching, Karen, I have  always admired your  ability to handle so much and keep yourself positive. I envy your baking skills and imagine how much your cookies are appreciated! Thank you for being such a good example of putting one foot ahead of the other.

Terry

• Like 15

10 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

...In going over my emails yesterday from the other school district I sub for, there was an email from a teacher on Feb 20th asking if I could sub for her as the students really like me as their sub.  It made me smile.

The young man who was watching Martina left me her collar and a plaster of paris paw print of her.  Tears flowed when I saw that!...

It does feel good to know we're appreciated and liked - especially if we can make an impact.😊

Hugs 🤗 💔seems you had just the right person taking care of Martina while you were gone. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, luvteaching said:

Thank you!!

Karen

Karen we are always with you ♥️ 

You said that so much better than I could have.  I found the same with the support here and it meant so much to me as well.  It’s not an easy journey 🥰 

Hugs to you from afar. 🥰 hugs 🥰 

49 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Thank you Jacqui, that is something I never thought about. I will definitely follow Dr. Jose's advise. The first time I had a heart failure problem my feet and legs swelled a lot. The only other time I had heart failure, and wound up in the hospital, I had no swelling of the extremeties, it was all in the abdomen and chest.  That was frightening because I didn't recognize why I was unable to breathe. 

Jane

Jane, I know the water is desalinated  but DD DH was convinced it wasn’t completely.  I don’t have swelling issues normally but my ankles blew up.

I still drank some of the regular water but also a lot of bottled water (ok now it’s canned or cardboard) but I saw a huge difference..  And DD DH smiled knowingly.

In your case, I really think a pound of prevention is worth it.  and, I’m glad you didn’t mind me butting in with the suggestion.  I’m not saying Jose was right but….it was a rare day when his diagnosis was not wrong 😘 

Have a fabulous time on your cruise 🙂 

• Like 9

Home now and  thankfully the anaesthesia worked this time!  15 stitches and over two hours, I was getting worried.   Thanks for all the kind wishes! 

@smitty34877 glad the bed is delivered and Tana is ensconced!  

So nice to see all the mutual support.   

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We've tried the bacon more than several times and didn't care for it. We asked for "really crispy" and it came looking like your picture. Please don't roast me!

Absolutely no roasting...I am an "extra crispy" bacon person myself.  However, having had the candied bacon 🥓 multiple times and after a PG chef explained how it's made (begins with marinating overnight), we have no expectation for it to be crispy. So, we revel in it's maple sticky sweetness and try not to think of the calories. 

If I may, I will gladly accept yours unless @Crazy For Cats wants it😉

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 10

15 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Home now and  thankfully the anaesthesia worked this time!  15 stitches and over two hours, I was getting worried. ..

Glad to hear it went well.

🙏🤗

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Home now and  thankfully the anaesthesia worked this time!  15 stitches and over two hours, I was getting worried.   Thanks for all the kind wishes! 

Glad everything went well for you and DH as well for @smitty34877 and Tana.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Good Evening,  I'm happy to report that we just watched a new show at the World Stage and it was good!  It was Chris Cherin, Daniel Grest and company.  It was live singing with dancers.  It is currently exclusive to Eurodam and has only been presented for about three or four cruises.  Best production show we've seen in years.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

@YourWorldWithBill  welcome to the Daily.   

Today's wine 1994 edition.  I bet I paid in the high $20s for the bottle at Baltimore's precursor to Total Wine.  It has held up well and was delightful with my not quite fork tender pot roast. 

Power Point mostly complete just need to recreate a new outline.  

The Pileated Woodpeckers have started to fancy our suet.  We are going through a cake per day. 

IMG_20240318_155237659.jpg

IMG_20240318_171736003.jpg

Nancy, the Pileated Woodpeckers must cover a wide area of the country.  We had them when we lived in The Woodlands and had 38 pine trees in our backyard.

3 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good afternoon, 

Thank you!!

Karen

Karen, you said what I've felt so well.  When DH was having his surgeries and was in rehab, it was the support of four of my neighbors and all of the Dailyites that got me through the worse of times.  I hope I have been able to pay it forward to those who need support now.

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Brenda, I'm glad everything went well today, even if it took 15 stitches, and that you are both comfortably back home.

17 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Evening,  I'm happy to report that we just watched a new show at the World Stage and it was good!  It was Chris Cherin, Daniel Grest and company.  It was live singing with dancers.  It is currently exclusive to Eurodam and has only been presented for about three or four cruises.  Best production show we've seen in years.

Jake, I'm very happy they are bringing back production shows.  The Koningsdam still had the Step One Dancers in February.

With the sun and almost no wind, the ground clear has been sprayed on the entire lot.  There is a bit left to attack any weeds that DARE to show themselves.

Lenda

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@YourWorldWithBill Welcome to the daily. We are just now celebrating 4 years together.

My husband and I moved to Texas going on 4 years ago. We love it.

For many years I was in Austin every couple of months, but as all of my friends (except me, of course) got older that sort of tapered down. I'm still there once or twice a year. There's no place like it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1