filters on air conditioner vents

46 minutes ago, Kayamore said:

Does anyone use a filter on the air conditioner vents on cruise ships.  I seem to always get a respiratory infections after a cruise.

No, but I've never come home with a respiratory infection. 

There's only been one cruise where I've come home sick. That was with an ear infection and I blame it on snorkeling. 

Probably the larger reason you get the respiratory infection (since the HVAC units have filters already), is that the dry air conditioned air dries out your nasal mucus membranes, and these are the first and best line of defence against respiratory infections.  Try using a saline nasal spray daily.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

Also, I believe these illnesses quite often come from the air travel before or after the cruise.  My husband, especially seems to be affected by this.  

Totally agree with this, you hear somebody coughing and sneezing down the front of the plane and you sigh and think yeah we'll all have that in couple days and sure enough..... having to wear masks on planes after covid was a godsend no more holiday lurgies lol 😆 I find a little petroleum jelly in the nostrils is a good defence too. 

• Like 1