Celebrity Connections (Meet and Mingle)

gerelmx

In a roll call from one of my cruises a user posted that in the last webinar Laura Hodges mentioned that the Celebrity Connections (Meet & Mingle) party was back, does anyone have more information? Where does one register?

I saw the webinar this week and didn’t hear anything about the Celebrity Connections (meet and mingle)  restarting and I don’t see any link on here to register. 
I also did a search on the X website and found it but that just took me back to the homepage.

Could they be confusing that with the Elite Happy Hour event where they just recently restarted having a location set aside for Elites to meet for HH 1 or 2 times a cruise? 

• Like 1

Here is the existing Cruise Critic Connections web page on Celebrity's website: link

The registration button on that web page is still missing....

So many of the M&Ms/Connections I used to attend devolved into folks making announcements about their private tours = a rude slap in the face to the folks who put on the gathering since those folks obviously cared about selling Celebrity's tours.  And even though Cruise Critic lists Meet & Mingles as "paused," in light of the current revenue-producing frenzy occurring within all the RCI fleets, I don't see M&Ms ever returning.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

So many of the M&Ms/Connections I used to attend devolved into folks making announcements about their private tours = a rude slap in the face to the folks who put on the gathering since those folks obviously cared about selling Celebrity's tours.  And even though Cruise Critic lists Meet & Mingles as "paused," in light of the current revenue-producing frenzy occurring within all the RCI fleets, I don't see M&Ms ever returning.

Agree, on all counts.

Additionally, I listened to the recent  webinar, and don't recall any mention of this either. 

I really enjoyed those - it was great meeting people and I often got to talk to officers.  My experience has never been a focus on private tours (I've seen more of those on Princess) and it's great to put faces to names.  

• Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 5:51 PM, EatonDoolittle said:

Agree, on all counts.

Additionally, I listened to the recent  webinar, and don't recall any mention of this either. 

Certainly no mention of Meet & Mingle on the last Webinar.

Hello,

I too cannot see the return of CC Connections/ M&Ms.

However my recent experience is not of people touting for passengers on their private tours but that people from Facebook, not CC members, were introducing themselves (and getting the tea and cakes).

Regards,

Cublet

On 3/18/2024 at 12:51 PM, EatonDoolittle said:

Agree, on all counts.

I don't recall that either. I also think if they were starting up again Cruise Critic would make an announcement.

9 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Certainly no mention of Meet & Mingle on the last Webinar.

10 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I don't recall that either. I also think if they were starting up again Cruise Critic would make an announcement.

I don't think it would be mentioned on a captains club webinar, since it has nothing to do with Captains Club, and applies to only a small percent of people on the cruise.  

• Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 5:37 PM, goofysmom99 said:

Hello,

It's not a "rude slap in the face" if the private excursion is to a place/event that is not being provided by Celebrity - it's their fault.

Regards,

Cublet

9 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

It's not a "rude slap in the face" if the private excursion is to a place/event that is not being provided by Celebrity - it's their fault.

Regards,

Cublet

I repeat, I don't see M&Ms ever returning.  They win.

14 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

I repeat, I don't see M&Ms ever returning.  They win.

Maybe.  The reason they stated to me was that it was too crowded for Covid.  Of course that didn't stop them from doing the more crowded Silent Disco.

And honestly, the closest I've ever seen to private to announcement was when the group asked me to introduce myself because I ran the roll call spreadsheet.  Maybe that was your experience, but it wasn't mine.