Can't check in due to photo requirement

bluecontrolman

It keeps telling me to take my hat off when i'm not wearing one (i'm bald). EIther that or it says that my face is obstructed (I have a beard). 

Any tips on how to get through this without ringing them up?

18 minutes ago, bluecontrolman said:

It keeps telling me to take my hat off when i'm not wearing one (i'm bald). EIther that or it says that my face is obstructed (I have a beard). 

Any tips on how to get through this without ringing them up?

Had this issue recently.  Here's a cut and paste (2) of our experience and resolution.  Basically the online system is, and has been, down for a while.  

FIRST POST

Well, thanks for the heads up.  So we tried to do our check-in for Seascape 3/30.  We're big MSC YC long-termers, fully understand the IT weaknesses that do exist.

We used our laptop, not the APP (probably preferable).

First, trying to enter some of the passenger information was odd.  They already had such information for one of us but not the other and vice versa for input fields (as well as we are VC members).  Some input fields wouldn't let us key anything in unless we 'exited the previous input using the TAB' and/or hovering the arrow to an acceptable 'spot on the input filed space!'  🤪

Second, the PHOTO snapshot wouldn't work and message that our settings-privacy-camera needed to be adjust to accept MSC.  Pretty experienced at this from other cruises and other purposes; their access never 'populated' in the add option.  AFTER 25 TRIES I gave up and called waiting for the correct instruction 'help with web check-in' number.  Got a person right off, she said no problem, will do at port, it's been having problems for months and they are working on it.  😲

So, got what we could done.

No eDocs received at all.  If none by tomorrow will contact again and request.

We cruise MSC for the Yacht Club!

SECOND POST

Tried the APP route.  🤨

Got the APP download, but couldn't log in using our MSC VC member log in, had to log in 'with confirmation number.' 

Then had to RE ENTER EVERY BIT - - 100% - - OF OUR INFORMATION. A nasty navigation, the TAKE PHOTO did work 😒  Took iPhone screenshots of Boarding Passes.  

Asked (selected) 'Send Travel Documents' EMAIL - Error (over and over).  Gave up.  😔

We've sailed MSC a lot of B2Bs in Yacht Club for years.  

This is first MSC cruise since the pandemic.  

We sail MSC for the Yacht Club.

The IT, website and APP (for pre-cruise) are simply terrible.

Sorry.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bluecontrolman said:

Thanks, I guess I will have to call them. 

I downloaded the MSC app but it tells me my cruise can't be managed on the app and I have to go to the website. 

We did everything requested except “photo” as it was so aggravating and then I called MSC and Agent emailed me e-ticket immediately, I then printed that out which includes Boarding Pass and luggage tags. Oh yes, never entered credit card either, easy to do at kiosk on ship. Tried check-in on App too, no luck.

Edited by cellfree

1 minute ago, cellfree said:

We did everything requested except “photo” as it was so aggravating and then I called MSC and Agent emailed me e-ticket immediately, I then printed that out which includes Boarding Pass and luggage tags. Oh yes, never entered credit card either, easy to do at kiosk on ship. Tried check-in on App too, no luck.

Oh, I looked into it and the ship in sailing on isn't a 'smart ship', so can't use the app for anything. 

@At Sea At Peacequick off-topic questions as you are Yacht Club cruisers, have sailed MSC 12 times but never Yacht Club, trying it in two weeks. About luggage - do you take it to Yacht Club white tent check-in location? Also, we have been given checkin window, is that strictly adhered to? TYIA

1 hour ago, cellfree said:

@At Sea At Peacequick off-topic questions as you are Yacht Club cruisers, have sailed MSC 12 times but never Yacht Club, trying it in two weeks. About luggage - do you take it to Yacht Club white tent check-in location? Also, we have been given checkin window, is that strictly adhered to? TYIA

1.  We haven't sailed the YC since December of 2019, however, then and all of the previous YC's we've done, we "walked the luggage to the Yacht tent" where it was there, prescreen documents, etc. but it will be repeated, and they took our luggage.

That's why it is very important to identify the Yacht Club tent and have your driver drop you off right there.

2.  We have never complied with, or even been questioned or asked about, the Yacht Club "window assigned."  In fact, we've been there early waiting for them to 'que up' the tent and start processing.  Once inside the Yacht Club waiting and reception venue, immediately go to the registrar and submit your documents (don't go and sit down and expect them to come to you), as now it is First Come First Serve to be called to register, and for butler assisted boarding groups thereafter.

Enjoy bubbly, sweets etc. in the meantime, even if you're real early.

• Thanks 1

During online check-in you should be able to skip the photo and credit card sections and still complete everything else. You can then generate your cruise docs once you're within the time window. Your photo(s) will be taken at the check-in desk in the cruise terminal and credit card input at a kiosk (or Reception desk) onboard.

• Like 1

FWIW.  I tried taking a photo multiple times on my laptop.  I downloaded the app on my phone and the photo was taken right away.  However, the app stalled out trying to provide the credit card info.

23 minutes ago, reaperman1 said:

FWIW.  I tried taking a photo multiple times on my laptop.  I downloaded the app on my phone and the photo was taken right away.  However, the app stalled out trying to provide the credit card info.

😅😂

It's a good thing the ship experience is not run by the IT department. They should have never gotten rid of the "upload photo" option IMO.  🌊  🛳️

The online 'take photo' appears to continue be 'offline!'

The APP, when finally accessed (see below) has one contorting ones face and eyes like we're in the 5th grade.

The online data already entered doesn't transfer the APP if you can't 'sign in on your account on the APP' and you have to "sign in with your confirmation number."  THE RE-ENTER EVERYTHING.

• Like 1

Hello,

This I did some time ago but I scanned my passport and cropped it just to leave my photo that I then added to 'my account' rather than just the check-in for any particular cruise. Subsequent cruises then picked-up my photograph and used it for check-in.

But sometimes, but not always, at the port they want to take another picture because they "want more of my shoulders in the photograph".  ???

Regards,

Cublet

Just check in on their website and get the paper document. It seems that photo is such a problematic issue on the app. I wasn't allowed to skip it, so I just used the old fashioned paper docs.

Posted (edited)
On 3/19/2024 at 4:21 PM, cellfree said:

Oh you are in for a treat! We are setting off on the Divina in 2 weeks.

Don't bother with printing luggage tags as the porters at the white YC tent will just rip them off and replace them with those beautiful gold YC luggage tags!

And show up when you want...you're in the YC now! You even have a separate line for security and then up to the YC check-in lounge w/ Prosecco and snacks while you wait.

Edited by psmarkle
  • Like 2

On 3/19/2024 at 7:23 PM, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

During online check-in you should be able to skip the photo and credit card sections and still complete everything else. You can then generate your cruise docs once you're within the time window. Your photo(s) will be taken at the check-in desk in the cruise terminal and credit card input at a kiosk (or Reception desk) onboard.

I also thought you could likely skip the photo, but others posting here have said that it is required. Maybe a few others could chime in on this?

32 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I had no problem with my photo.  DH...impossible.  So, finally, I took a pic of me for his check-in....knowing that they'll correct at the terminal.

Funny!

1 hour ago, psmarkle said:

Oh you are in for a treat! We are setting off on the Divina in 2 weeks.

Don't bother with printing luggage tags as the porters at the white YC tent will just rip them off and replace them with those beautiful gold YC luggage tags!

And show up when you want...you're in the YC now! You even have a separate line for security and then up to the YC check-in lounge w/ Prosecco and snacks while you wait.

So excited, thank you for your encouragement and words of wisdom, down to “single digits,” we have been on Divina several times (not Yacht Club) and love the ship, you too enjoy. 

Having a heck of a time too, doing web check in. Won't take our photo or credit card number. So from what I am reading, just call MSC and they will email the docs and luggage tags?

57 minutes ago, DKNE said:

Having a heck of a time too, doing web check in. Won't take our photo or credit card number. So from what I am reading, just call MSC and they will email the docs and luggage tags?

I was able to upload a photo thru the iPhone app but I wasn’t able to supply the cc info. But on the app it states my checkin is complete. I also got the luggage tags in the mail today from the TA, which was two days after the app checkin was done. 

I noticed some passengers have had issues uploading a photo with their app. It makes me wonder if those having issues are Android related being mine worked so well using the Apple app. 

9 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I had no problem with my photo.  DH...impossible.  So, finally, I took a pic of me for his check-in....knowing that they'll correct at the terminal.

I can relate.  A few weeks ago, my brother and SIL, who are technologically challenged, couldn’t upload their photos.  Since our reservations were linked, I checked them in using my photo.  On embarkation checkin, they retook my brothers pix.  We realized they thought my pix was my SIL (me 5’2”, SIL 6’).  Similar enough…lol.  We figured it out and got if corrected st guest services before she tried to get off/on the ship.