Live from the Dawn Crossing March 19 - April 2

spinnaker2

Home sweet home. Decompressing from the cruise and the return travel. 

We booked nothing onboard for the future. There was a time when we would always have a future cruise booked onboard.

Processing final thoughts. 

Some trivial information: We had been told while we were aboard that decks 5 and 6 would have no passengers on the charter following our cruise and all the silver suites and big suites were booked. Less than 400 pax for the charter. As we left the quay we looked back and saw several pax on their verandahs of deck 5, including a couple who had occupied a silver suite near ours on the crossing. We recognize the couple because they make themselves known at every venue, she frequently wears curlers in her hair to lunch in la T. I guess some pax who were not in the charter group were able to book the cruise. Not sure how one accomplishes that.

• Like 1

Let's hope the charter group are not going to be too fussed about seeing someone in her curlers then!  That is something I have never seen, and wouldn't wish to.  Or is she with the group?  If she was a Brit, I would guess a star of one of our soap operas, set in the northwest of England.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Let's hope the charter group are not going to be too fussed about seeing someone in her curlers then!  That is something I have never seen, and wouldn't wish to.  Or is she with the group?  If she was a Brit, I would guess a star of one of our soap operas, set in the northwest of England.

Perhaps they had booked back to back, or B2B2B, so still had to be accommodated?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Nope she’s not a Brit. From the colonies. If the pax on the crossing weren’t bothered then…

I would guess that the charter group, who are from an insurance company, will be too busy with imbibing and foraging (from what I have been told).

Today is their last day or maybe tomorrow. 

Hope we hear from Vistaman.

Edited by spinnaker2

3 minutes ago, Port Power said:

Perhaps they had booked back to back, or B2B2B, so still had to be accommodated?

I tried to book the following cruise and was told no, it was chartered. 

Perhaps they became insurance salespeople?

They don't accommodate people on B2B cruises if a charter is put into the system in our experience. We had a B2B booked next year which became 2 separate cruises with 6 days in between and we were told we had to make our own arrangements for those 6 days.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, drron29 said:

They don't accommodate people on B2B cruises if a charter is put into the system in our experience. We had a B2B booked next year which became 2 separate cruises with 6 days in between and we were told we had to make our own arrangements for those 6 days.

I know. That is why I am wondering how they pulled this off. 

• Like 1

Hi! Thank you for your updates. Were you booked on Silver Muse Singapore to Athens B2B next year? Interested to know what you chose to do when the ship was chartered and B2B was no longer an option. 

1 minute ago, Kyria said:

Hi! Thank you for your updates. Were you booked on Silver Muse Singapore to Athens B2B next year? Interested to know what you chose to do when the ship was chartered and B2B was no longer an option. 

Sorry… I meant to ask DrRon. 

We were indeed. Cancelled the second voyage and took the 10% off a replacement voyage. 
They did give a 15% price reduction on the first voyage but there was no such offer on the second voyage.

5 hours ago, drron29 said:

We were indeed. Cancelled the second voyage and took the 10% off a replacement voyage. 
They did give a 15% price reduction on the first voyage but there was no such offer on the second voyage.

Thank you.I thought it was a very shabby offer. I cancelled both and rebooked a similar B2B itinerary on Silver Whisper. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 12:48 PM, spinnaker2 said:

Home sweet home. Decompressing from the cruise and the return travel. 

We booked nothing onboard for the future. There was a time when we would always have a future cruise booked onboard.

Processing final thoughts. 

Some trivial information: We had been told while we were aboard that decks 5 and 6 would have no passengers on the charter following our cruise and all the silver suites and big suites were booked. Less than 400 pax for the charter. As we left the quay we looked back and saw several pax on their verandahs of deck 5, including a couple who had occupied a silver suite near ours on the crossing. We recognize the couple because they make themselves known at every venue, she frequently wears curlers in her hair to lunch in la T. I guess some pax who were not in the charter group were able to book the cruise. Not sure how one accomplishes that.

Hope that you are able to treasure your good memories from that TA cruise despite the small misforgivings. 

Just a thought about those fellow guests you saw on deck 5 - is it possible perhaps, that they had requested a 'day room' for a 'late check-out' and as deck 5 wasn't going to be used on charter, that SS allowed this? Just a thought! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RetiredOnVacation said:

Hope that you are able to treasure your good memories from that TA cruise despite the small misforgivings. 

Just a thought about those fellow guests you saw on deck 5 - is it possible perhaps, that they had requested a 'day room' for a 'late check-out' and as deck 5 wasn't going to be used on charter, that SS allowed this? Just a thought! 

Not sure about the pax on deck 5.

After much thought, we have decided we cannot throw good money after bad and have cancelled our cruise on the Spirit for September - October.  We have 448 days on Silversea at the present time. We can accept change when it is for the good and the concept doesn’t change. The Silversea product has drastically changed in our opinion. 

• Like 5

On 4/6/2024 at 12:48 PM, spinnaker2 said:

35 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Not sure about the pax on deck 5.

Oh, sorry I must have misread that - I thought you had identified someone (in curlers) that had been on the TA cruise near you in Silver suites that who then appeared to be on a deck 5 veranda as you left. Was just thinking they may just be enjoying a late disembarkation in a spare room rather than continuing a cruise as you suspected! 

35 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

After much thought, we have decided we cannot throw good money after bad and have cancelled our cruise on the Spirit for September - October.  We have 448 days on Silversea at the present time.

Oh what a shame; you're so close to getting a free 14 day cruise as well as the potential up-to 20% cumulative discounts for that level of status! 

Don't blame you cancelling. I'm out thousands on a trip that was paid door to door. SS says they will credit me $50 for the transfer . I will also cancel thousands of dollars in 2 future cruises. We do have other options ! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2024 at 2:21 AM, lincslady said:

It is, IMO. a shame you had Tenerife instead of Madeira.  Much less attractive and interesting.  Presumably something to do with weather?

the construction of both ports are similar ?  

during my cruise same captain  did  cancel Marceille due to winds ?? The Dawn is not a sea monster  - are SS ships not allowed to take asstance by tugs ? Yes they are expensive !!!