Unlimited Dining Package, lunch on sea days only, but no sea days, 3 night cruise

Hi,

I once took this package, and included everything (this was just after Covid), it says that lunch on sea days only, well there are no sea days, does that mean that I cant use the package for lunch lets say when we are in Nassau, and not getting off, and what about boarding day.

thanks, a bit confusing, if that is the case, its not really worth it..

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, frenchmeg said:

does that mean that I cant use the package for lunch lets say when we are in Nassau

You can't use it because the venue(s) are likely closed on port days for lunch. Look at the app to see when the venues might be open for lunch, including embarkation day.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Typically at least one specialty restaurant is open for lunch on embarkation day.  As most guests (plus some crew) are off the ship, the specialty restaurants are generally not open for lunch on port days (remember…they typically don’t even open the MDR for lunch on port days!). Casual dining like Johnny Rockets might open mid afternoon on a port day, but that may not be the reason you are thinking if UDP😉.  

Whether you will get enough value from the package is your call.  Have a nice cruise.

Edited by Starry Eyes

I would never buy UDP so haven’t really monitored pricing but I would assume (or at least hope, perhaps naively) that the itinerary and ratio of port days to cruising days is taken into account when determining the price? Also probably ship and number of venues.

I can’t imagine it is a set price per day without factoring in some parameters?

Posted (edited)

On a three day cruise you will be able to use on embarkation and a little later after lunch at Johnny Rockets or Playmakers (if there is on) on port days.  Usually Places like JR's and Playmakers will open around 2pm 

Edited by Tree_skier