Caribbean Princess Casual Dining

whitecap

Just now, Arizona Wildcat said:

Definitely suggest going to the Princess website where you can see every venue on your ship from restaurants to shops to pools along with deck plans.

Thank you.  Did that but didn't see the names of several places that have recently been made available on other ships.  Was wondering if I was missing something.  Thanks for the reply.

Just to add a little additional info to the menus that were posted, Planks and Steamers are open on alternate nights, dinner only, and reservations are highly recommended but cannot be made in advance of the cruise (call the dining line or find someone at the host stand at the restaurant).

Vines is a charcuterie board (no reservations) but a very plentiful one, plenty of food to call it a meal for 2 people.

Just now, PMGS247 said:

Just to add a little additional info to the menus that were posted, Planks and Steamers are open on alternate nights, dinner only, and reservations are highly recommended but cannot be made in advance of the cruise (call the dining line or find someone at the host stand at the restaurant).

Vines is a charcuterie board (no reservations) but a very plentiful one, plenty of food to call it a meal for 2 people.

Thanks so much for the info.

12 minutes ago, whitecap said:

Thank you.  Did that but didn't see the names of several places that have recently been made available on other ships.  Was wondering if I was missing something.  Thanks for the reply.

Most non Royal or Sphere class ships only have a couple of casual venues and some of them may be pop ups. Vines has only one available 3 course meal no choices

Just now, memoak said:

Most non Royal or Sphere class ships only have a couple of casual venues and some of them may be pop ups. Vines has only one available 3 course meal no choices

Thanks!!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry if it’s a really stupid question, but my wife would like to try steamers, but I have a seafood intolerance.

I presume there would be no other options for me if she wanted to eat there?

Just a bit off topic. So, my daughter and her husband are going on a cruise and booked an evening at the Crown Grill. My son-in-law asked if they should leave a tip after dinner. I have no idea since I haven't dined in these venues. Opinions please.

3 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

Just a bit off topic. So, my daughter and her husband are going on a cruise and booked an evening at the Crown Grill. My son-in-law asked if they should leave a tip after dinner. I have no idea since I haven't dined in these venues. Opinions please.

Entirely at their discretion.  

3 hours ago, rattla said:

Sorry if it’s a really stupid question, but my wife would like to try steamers, but I have a seafood intolerance.

I presume there would be no other options for me if she wanted to eat there?

Correct. 

In theory - she could have the Steamers meal and you could not, and instead get something from the buffet - but whether they'd allow that or not is anyone's guess.

On 3/20/2024 at 2:46 PM, PMGS247 said:

Newb to Princess and sailing on the Caribbean Princess, so this thread is helpful.  Can I make reservations for Planks or Steamers using the app?

2 minutes ago, Roz said:

Newb to Princess and sailing on the Caribbean Princess, so this thread is helpful.  Can I make reservations for Planks or Steamers using the app?

As of the last time I sailed on a ship with them, no….we had to call on board….but that might have changed.

• Like 1