Dance Bands on Board

1 hour ago, Carol28 said:

What are some slow dance songs that the bands on board play?  Songs like Georgia on my mind.  I'm hoping I can get a few titles.

I have found the bands will take a lot of requests and do their best to accommodate you if they can. 

11 hours ago, Carol28 said:

What are some slow dance songs that the bands on board play?  Songs like Georgia on my mind.  I'm hoping I can get a few titles.

When you find a good band, request and tip. I find that Celebrity and other cruise lines are more geared towards bands for dancing pleasure - RCI not so much. 

59 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

When you find a good band, request and tip. I find that Celebrity and other cruise lines are more geared towards bands for dancing pleasure - RCI not so much. 

On the smaller ships with Centrums, there is a dance band there almost every evening.  We watch people dance sometimes. There's always a couple or two that obviously have taken ballroom dancing lessons. You can almost see them counting in their heads lol.

8 minutes ago, BND said:

On the smaller ships with Centrums, there is a dance band there almost every evening.  We watch people dance sometimes. There's always a couple or two that obviously have taken ballroom dancing lessons. You can almost see them counting in their heads lol.

Yes -- I've experienced that as well. On Oasis Class ships the best spot for ballroom dancing is Dazzles when there is a band that plays waltzes, foxtrot, swing, night club etc.  For latin dancing Boleros is tops for salsa, bachata, merengue, on the ships that have Boleros.