Drinks Above $20

Haven't sailed Carnival for a while, but I'm booked on the Panorama this spring. I see that the Cheers program has a stipulation that reads "25% discount off the menu price for any spirit or wine by the glass above $20.00."

My question is: what beverages / spirits / wine by the glass are priced above $20? Does anyone have any current menus?

I'm just curious what they have, and what would be over $20. I'm sure it's super premium liquors and wine, but I'd love to know specifics.

Some pours of liquors in the steakhouse, but that's about it. I don't think any mixed drinks at the regular bars around the ships are over $20.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, moviegal said:

I'm just curious what they have, and what would be over $20. I'm sure it's super premium liquors and wine, but I'd love to know specifics.

hennessy xo cognac, whistlepig 10yr whiskey, caymus cabernet sauvignon, laurent-perrier champagne, etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah one cruise many years ago I attempted to find the "above $20 drink" but never did, I know others have reports them but personally even in the "higher end" places...Steakhouse, Alchemy etc...I've never found one.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, scpirate said:

Drinks in the souvenir cups are over $20 somewhere around $23-$24 if I remember correctly.

Cheers excludes anything sold in a souvenir cup, so those are already off the table as it relates to OP's question.  If they will serve an otherwise $23-$24 drink in a regular glass, though, I'd expect that price would be $20 or less.

• Like 1

Just now, DallasGuy75219 said:

Cheers excludes anything sold in a souvenir cup, so those are already off the table as it relates to OP's question.  If they will serve an otherwise $23-$24 drink in a regular glass, though, I'd expect that price would be $20 or less.

I was just getting ready to post this. You get the drink under Cheers, but you still need to pay for the cup and it is the cup that sends the price north of $20, not the drink. So if you order a $12 drink and the total is $23, you'll be charged $11 for the cup. (Same holds true for the "shots" they sell in the MDR, you have to pay for the souvenir shot glass but not the contents.)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Frank12 said:

I got a shot of Blanton's at Alchemy last month and it was $18. That's the highest I've seen personally.

We are cruising on the Celebration in August with a pretty large group that includes one of our daughters and her family.  Her husband LOVES Blanton’s and will spend a good amount of time in P&A for that reason.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

We are cruising on the Celebration in August with a pretty large group that includes one of our daughters and her family.  Her husband LOVES Blanton’s and will spend a good amount of time in P&A for that reason.

It's good stuff.  Makes a great Old Fashioned. Vista last month was the first time I've seen it at Alchemy!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frank12 said:

It's good stuff.  Makes a great Old Fashioned. Vista last month was the first time I've seen it at Alchemy!

He always had me checking it our at bars on our cruises (to see of they had it).  That said, he found it posted somewhere and asked me to confirm and we did on our last MG cruise.  

• Like 2

A big, hearty "thank you" to  everyone who responded. Super useful information, and I really do appreciate it! Now I know my homework when I sail: try to find all of the "above $20" drinks and report back, LOL!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, moviegal said:

A big, hearty "thank you" to  everyone who responded. Super useful information, and I really do appreciate it! Now I know my homework when I sail: try to find all of the "above $20" drinks and report back, LOL!

you fancy!

Pig N Anchor has drinks over $20 but they’re the oversized drinks served in mason jars. They’re not your standard bar drink. I had one on the MG but I don’t recall being charged extra for it.