Bridge, Galley & Backstage Tours

My family and I are staying in a Grand Suite for the first time on Adventure OTS and noticed that in the Suite Perks they list Bridge, Galley and Backstage Tours.  Do they offer these tours for Suite guests?  If so, can anyone tell me about them?  Thanks.

IF they are doing them:

Backstage- in the theater, meet some of the cast and stage crew, and take a tour of the backstage area. 
Galley- take a tour of the kitchen. 
Bridge- take a tour of the bridge while at sea. 

We have enjoyed them when they were happening in the past- but some got cut post pandemic. 

On our recent cruise, the backstage returned to being that instead of a panel talk with the cast and crew. And we also participated in the bridge tour. Not sure if the galley tour is back or not. 

Nice to have some back, at least. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

They are only doing bridge tours for suites.

Backstage tour is a C&A perk

Note that I am saying this is some years ago, but we have done bridge tours before as a C&A perk as well.  Certainly things can and likely have changed as much has post-pandemic.  Have not seen it offered on our recent cruises.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

I say; Go, if you get the chance. BUT...

The Bridge tour is the unique tour, unless your brother-in-law has a biggggg boat. 

The Galley tour can be had in your hometown at the large commercial bakery around the block. The Backstage tour is the same as the tour at the local Community College or Community theater stage.

Best way to make the tours better is to prepare some interesting questions to ask the crew members.

We were on Adventure the first week of January 2023 and paid for the All-Access Tour (we were not suite, pinnacle or any of that ... just regular old folks 🙂 )  It was about $140/150 per person, if I recall, and was on the last sea day. I thought it was worth every penny. We went through the galley, to the engine control room (you can't go in the actual engine room because of safety reasons), the lowest dec, where the laundry is, backstage in the theater, up to the bridge.  It was two solid hours. The bridge was especially cool. @huntr104 if you're getting this all for free as part of your suite, then definitely do it. 

• Like 1

Thank you. We are Diamond through transfer of status from Celebrity, but this is only our second RCCL cruise (grandchild request). I noticed the tour on a list of C&A perks, but didn’t know how it works. Appreciate your help. 

At D+ level have been invited to backstage maybe 5 times in 17 cruises post restart.  Usually at a time we are doing something else.  Pretty good if you have worked stage crew.  Lately it seems like a lot of these are forums in the theater with entertainment staff, not tours.

If you are in a suite, ask the suite concierge if he/she can arrange a bridge tour.  They have regular hours in the lounge.  You might also wrangle an invite to watch a sailaway from the heliport.  We have had a few of these since restart and mostly didn't even have to ask.

• Like 1

As I suite guest- many years ago all of those tours were free.  On our last cruise to weeks ago on the Icon, the only "free" tour we got was of the bridge-  We had done backstage and galley on other ships when in a suite- but who knows as now the mission is profits.

Thank you for all the replies.  I'm sure if they invite us we will check them out.  I was more curious if they were still doing them.  I know they have "Excursions" that you pay for that are probably more in-depth though.