Assigned Dining Time

Sorry, I'm new to Royal Caribbean.  I chose a 5:30 assigned dining time on our cruise.  If I fail to make that dining time, can I just show up at the main dining room and use My Time Dining?  I'm old and sometimes an afternoon nap runs longer than expected.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oakman58 said:

Sorry, I'm new to Royal Caribbean.  I chose a 5:30 assigned dining time on our cruise.  If I fail to make that dining time, can I just show up at the main dining room and use My Time Dining?  I'm old and sometimes an afternoon nap runs longer than expected.

Not usually. It's one or the other. There is 15 minute grace period for assigned dining. Beyond that you could go and ask at the MTD desk but go with the mindset that the answer will probably be no. You won't miss out on dinner entirely because you can always go to windjammer buffet instead.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Oakman58 said:

On oasis class the cafe that serves the roast beef sandwiches is open until 5 pm so I've gone in quite late in the day and skipped early dinner. The WJ opens around 6 pm usually on most ships.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Oakman58 said:

No they will NOT let you use MTD - tried that and always turned down - they have problems to accomodate the assigned guests...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oakman58 said:

No you can’t do that, although I am sure a few people will post that they were able to do that. However, that would be the exception. If you miss your assigned dining time you can always go to the Windjammer or depending on what ship you are on, possibly go to a speciality restaurant. The older the ship, the more likely you can walk-in to a speciality restaurant and be seated (done that several times with good success at Chops). 

• Like 2

I booked Allure of the Seas recently and since the cruise is within 45 days, was told that I had to take My time dining .. they said MDR was fully booked ... problem is I eat at 530 (diabetes) but all My time has available is 8 and later. I can do the buffet I guess but I liked the idea of MDR. I called and was told the same thing -fully booked... Does anyone have any helpful suggestion about this?

Just now, C cruise said:

I booked Allure of the Seas recently and since the cruise is within 45 days, was told that I had to take My time dining .. they said MDR was fully booked ... problem is I eat at 530 (diabetes) but all My time has available is 8 and later. I can do the buffet I guess but I liked the idea of MDR. I called and was told the same thing -fully booked... Does anyone have any helpful suggestion about this?

Ask to be waitlisted for the early dining time. If it doesn't come through for you before you sail, head to the MDR as soon as you board and speak to whoever is manning the desk.

• Like 1