Status Matching Error -- How to Fix?

80sGal

Posted (edited)

New to MSC with cruise in October from Miami.   DH and I are both Platinum with Carnival so I filled out the online form, attached screenshot of cards, and subnitted.  The next day his was approved and I got a rejection note.  Seems like I accidentally loaded his card to both of our requests.  The email said to reply with accurate info ... which I've now done FIVE times over the past two months.   His took less than 24 hours!  How can I correct this?  I can't get through to a live person on the number for support.  It just redirects me to send an email to the status match address.  

Edited by 80sGal
Typo

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, 80sGal said:

New to MSC with cruise in October from Miami.   DH and I are both Platinum with Carnival so I filled out the online form, attached screenshot of cards, and subnitted.  The next day his was approved and I got a rejection note.  Seems like I accidentally loaded his card to both of our requests.  The email said to reply with accurate info ... which I've now done FIVE times over the past two months.   His took less than 24 hours!  How can I correct this?  I can't get through to a live person on the number for support.  It just redirects me to send an email to the status match address.  

You can keep re-submitting yours, but they may not take it. I believe they only allow one time to match. While I realize you submitted his card in error for your match, they may have that in their system as your one request for status match and it won’t allow them to enter anything else. Sadly, MSC’s IT systems and Customer Service are horrible and most have very little luck in getting obvious errors corrected. 

From the MSC website FAQs regarding Status Match: 

You may only apply for a Status Match one time. Multiple submissions will not be accepted or approved. If you are a member of multiple loyalty programs, be sure to select the one with the greatest value to maximize your benefits.”

Edited by JT1962

Thanks to all who responded.  After another round of emails the issue has been fixed and status matched.  Perseverance pays, I suppose.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 80sGal said:

Thanks to all who responded.  After another round of emails the issue has been fixed and status matched.  Perseverance pays, I suppose.  

Good to hear.  I just submitted a status match and they sent me an email to resubmit the documentation.  I did and haven't heard back.  That was about three weeks ago.  I will take your advice and persevere