which side of ship N bound inside passage

TravelQueries

We are going on our first Alaska cruise in Sept.  Leaving Vancouver northbound inside passage.  For the best scenery from our balcony, does it matter if we are port side or starboard?  I know at times we will want to go outside for viewing, but just wondered if the side you're on makes a difference for cabin selection.   thanks so much

Just now, TravelQueries said:

We are going on our first Alaska cruise in Sept.  Leaving Vancouver northbound inside passage.  For the best scenery from our balcony, does it matter if we are port side or starboard?  I know at times we will want to go outside for viewing, but just wondered if the side you're on makes a difference for cabin selection.   thanks so much

Personally, I don't believe it will make a great difference but take starboard if available.

There isn't that big of a difference but if you can get starboard I would do it. You will have more land views. Especially if you are going farther north then Glacier Bay. I hope this helps!

6 hours ago, TravelQueries said:

Spent 2 seasons cruising Alaska out of Vancouver, spending 8+ hrs per day looking out the Bridge windows. It doesn't matter which side of the ship you are on, as once you are clear of the Inside Passage, you are so far offshore you don't see much anyway.