Platinum laundry question

I am going on a nine-day British Isle cruise and turning platinum.  We are spending three days in London prior to our cruise. How soon can we make use of the platinum laundry offer?  I'd love to use it the day after we board since we are trying to keep our luggage to a minimum.

1 hour ago, SCcruiser123 said:

I am going on a nine-day British Isle cruise and turning platinum.  We are spending three days in London prior to our cruise. How soon can we make use of the platinum laundry offer?  I'd love to use it the day after we board since we are trying to keep our luggage to a minimum.

What day during your cruise are you becoming platinum? 

2 minutes ago, VIFP1987 said:

It doesn't matter if they turn platinum at any time during the cruise, they will be platinum from the time they board and can send their laundry on the first day.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, VIFP1987 said:

As some Old Fart once said, it doesn’t matter which day you turn Platinum. Once you board you’re already platinum and your sign and sail card will reflect that. In fact, if you’re turning platinum on that cruise you’re able to check in for your boarding assignment two days before the 14 day window that gold red and blue have.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are sailing next weekend and got a note with all the platinum and diamond perks. All we're on the list except the laundry. We always use this perk.i hope it was a glitch in our paperwork. Someone else sailing with us got the same email. 

25 minutes ago, cblcop said:

We are sailing next weekend and got a note with all the platinum and diamond perks. All we're on the list except the laundry. We always use this perk.i hope it was a glitch in our paperwork. Someone else sailing with us got the same email. 

I hope this perk was just inadvertently left off.  Please report back to let us know what happens when you sail.

When you say you got a note. . . Was that in an email from Carnival?

5 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

It doesn't matter if they turn platinum at any time during the cruise, they will be platinum from the time they board and can send their laundry on the first day.

I agree, as long as it’s not on debarkation day. 

12 hours ago, cblcop said:

All were on the list except the laundry. We always use this perk. I hope it was a glitch

It’s a listed perk in the Platinum program but maybe they’re trying not to promote it on certain ships which have trouble handling the laundry volume. 🤔

First morning after embarkation is fine. Do note that turnaround will be 24 hours minimum on any cruise with high Plat passengers. I've seen it at 48 -72 hours on Journeys. So have enough underwear!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

Whats the best way to pack them paper bags? 😁

Stack all of your items smooth and flat and fold the sleeves in, then roll everything together tightly into one big roll.  Stand the roll on end and have someone slide the bag down over it.  It's okay if it sticks out a little bit. Fill in any gaps with small items.  We have had one bag returned in three bags quite often (never less than two bags)

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers

3 hours ago, thesmiths said:

Whats the best way to pack them paper bags? 😁

Roll your items individually and tightly. I typically put big items (like a pair of jeans) in the bag first to fill the bottom.

One additional tip.  The bags tear very easily.  If you wrap a layer of packing tape around the top of the bag before you fill it, it makes it much easier to fill without tearing.  I know everyone doesn't carry tape with them, but a small roll comes in handy quiet often (such as attaching bag tags, as a back up to the luggage tag holders)

12 hours ago, mfs2k said:

It’s a listed perk in the Platinum program but maybe they’re trying not to promote it on certain ships which have trouble handling the laundry volume. 🤔

I hope so