Vision moving to Norfolk?

Port of Baltimore announced yesterday they are still planning to have a channel open by the end of May, which should accommodate Vision returning for her next scheduled sailing.

Here's hoping!

Theron

• Like 1

I hear that another issue is, the cruise terminal is being used as the command center for the cleanup operation.

So even if the channel is open, the cruise terminal may not be available

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TPKeller said:

Port of Baltimore announced yesterday they are still planning to have a channel open by the end of May, which should accommodate Vision returning for her next scheduled sailing.

Here's hoping!

Theron

We just got off Vision today after a b2b.  The Captain said they also expect to return to Norfolk after drydock, so by the end of May.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SRF said:

I hear that another issue is, the cruise terminal is being used as the command center for the cleanup operation.

So even if the channel is open, the cruise terminal may not be available

Ah yes, that was reported.  Hopefully they will have time to move or at least shrink enough to allow the terminal to be used.  It was an emergency situation to stand up that command center, and a convenient place that they knew would be available for the short term.

But a command center can be located anywhere, while a cruise terminal cannot.

Theron

A friend of mine is a tug boat captain out of Norfolk.  He has pushed some of the recovery equipment up to Baltimore.  This morning he happened to catch this, and allowed me to share.

Compliments of Howard Wainwright.

"Vision of the Seas bound for Norfolk, Virginia 0400."

image.jpeg.4f869befffdfcedda18e12eaf37e59b4.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BND said:

We just got off Vision today after a b2b.  The Captain said they also expect to return to Norfolk after drydock, so by the end of May.

Which is odd for Carnival to be announcing one cruise at a time. Carnival should just say cruises until the end of May will be moved to Norfolk.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, toad455 said:

Which is odd for Carnival to be announcing one cruise at a time. Carnival should just say cruises until the end of May will be moved to Norfolk.

Maybe Carnival is hoping for an earlier date. Vision will be in drydock so no reason to go cruise by cruise.  So, not odd at all.

On 4/6/2024 at 6:20 AM, shipgeeks said:

Yes, and begins Baltimore cruises on May 25, so two Norfolk cruises before drydock.

On 4/6/2024 at 12:42 AM, OBX-Cruisers said:

Not sure where Vision will be in April from searches on Cruise.com, RCL site or other booking sites which list none in April after the 12th from Norfolk. 

Sailings in May still stay Baltimore departure.  I thought I read somewhere that there would be at least 3 departures from Norfolk but don't quote that since I cannot find any site that shows April sailings.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 AM, Biker19 said:

There are no more sailings past the 4/12 sailing. RCI probably couldn't be bothered to try to sell cabins this close in - most of the time "last minute sale" for RCI is like 30 days out.

Biker19- i am booked in August and it still shows so i dont know what you mean when you say no more sailings past 4/12

23 minutes ago, Robinhill said:

Biker19- i am booked in August and it still shows so i dont know what you mean when you say no more sailings past 4/12

I meant during her dry dock period which started yesterday. 

5 hours ago, Robinhill said:

Biker19- i am booked in August and it still shows so i dont know what you mean when you say no more past 4/12

No sailings between now and May 25, due to her scheduled drydock. That is why no cruises are showing during that period. From May 25, all cruises should be showing (unless sold out). But whether the earliest ones are from Norfolk or Baltimore remains to be seen.