Account, do you still have to get it from the Pursers and Reception?

asdf1245

Have Cunard updated their IT shipboard systems enough to show your cabin account on the television?

No more having to go to the Reception or Purser's Office to see what you've spent.

There's an onboard App that gives this information. It's not really an app, they try to make look like one, it's really a locally hosted intranet link to your account. It's free to use and available on laptops, tablets and smartphones.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pushpit said:

There's an onboard App that gives this information. It's not really an app, they try to make look like one, it's really a locally hosted intranet link to your account. It's free to use and available on laptops, tablets and smartphones.

Well if its accurate and reliable I'll use it.   Has to be better than queuing up......Thanks.

4 minutes ago, asdf1245 said:

Well if its accurate and reliable I'll use it.   Has to be better than queuing up......Thanks.

After a bit of shenanigans in our account on a pre Covid cruise, I check ours every couple of days and if you choose your time well, there will be no queue

In the 'Maiden Year' of QM2 this information was available on interactive TV in all staterooms/suites

Never understood why it was so short lived and why it was ever discontinued .🙁 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pushpit said:

I thought My Voyage was actually pretty good and used it daily on QM2 recently. 

Great to be able to book a dinner time when on Open Seating, lock in Shore Excursions and even book planetarium tickets. 

Account was up to date and reflected things like onboard credit and World Club discounts for things like wifi. 

If you follow the ‘Add to Home Screen’ steps, it’ll pretty much work like an any other app including remembering your login details. 

https://myvoyage.cunard.com

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

In the 'Maiden Year' of QM2 this information was available on interactive TV in all staterooms/suites

And you could order wine on it.

• Like 1

I check my account on the so called App every day after suffering erroneous extra charges on our account. They were dealt with either by Pursers desk or with Bar Manager in Grills Lounge for a very expensive bottle of wine. Mistakes are often made and on one occasion my drinks were not going on my account and whenever was served was always called the wrong name. So obviously he thought I was somebody else and put my bills on his account. Did report it to Concierge and she laughed and said it was a first for customer complaint of drinks not going on their account.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/30/2024 at 8:38 PM, Bell Boy said:

I think they may have found that people spend less money when its so easy to track their spending.. When you have to go into the app to check its more of an "out of sight out of mind" thing. At least it is for me :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1