Deciding between 2 excursions in Aruba

Posted (edited)

I've posted the specifics for sites on the Ports board, but am curious if anyone has done either of these small group excursions in Aruba with Celebrity and their thoughts on the experience with the ship tour.

Option A: Small Group Local Experience Jeep Tour

or

Option B Small Group Half Day Off Road Adventure

They both look cool - within $10 so price is not a deciding factor. I know most people are "allergic" to ship excursions, but as a solo traveler, I feel more comfortable with them. I have snorkel/beach things planned for Bonaire and Curacao, so I'm looking for something a bit different for Aruba.

Thanks!

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
clarify port

Posted (edited)

Off road adventure. Riding an ATV in Aruba was one of the most fun things to do there. In less than an hour you travel from Caribbean island to Arizona/ Nevada type desert. It was lovely.

Edited by Tierun
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I've posted the specifics for sites on the Ports board, but am curious if anyone has done either of these small group excursions in Aruba with Celebrity and their thoughts on the experience with the ship tour.

Option A: Small Group Local Experience Jeep Tour

or

Option B Small Group Half Day Off Road Adventure

They both look cool - within $10 so price is not a deciding factor. I know most people are "allergic" to ship excursions, but as a solo traveler, I feel more comfortable with them. I have snorkel/beach things planned for Bonaire and Curacao, so I'm looking for something a bit different for Aruba.

Thanks!

Not in Aruba, but I ONLY will do small group tours with Celebrity and IMO, from having done several Jeep tours on many islands, the vendors they get to do the Jeep tours have always been fantastic.  When I see a Jeep tour I grab it, they go fast.  Best one I have ever done was in the Azores.

• Thanks 1

off road sounds like more fun..esp on ARUBA!

What are the places you would see on the local experience tour, ?

..Could be .more touristy than active!

8 minutes ago, hcat said:

off road sounds like more fun..esp on ARUBA!

What are the places you would see on the local experience tour, ?

..Could be .more touristy than active!

The Jeep is:

Ayo Rock Formation

Blackstone Beach and Twin Bridges

Frenchmans Pass and Balashi Gold Mill ruins

Mangel Halto Beach

The Off Road is:

California Lighthouse

remains of Baby Natural Bridge

Alto Vista Church

remains of a gold mine

Arashi Beach

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

The Jeep is:

Ayo Rock Formation

Blackstone Beach and Twin Bridges

Frenchmans Pass and Balashi Gold Mill ruins

Mangel Halto Beach

The Off Road is:

California Lighthouse

remains of Baby Natural Bridge

Alto Vista Church

remains of a gold mine

Arashi Beach

Both seem nice but off road would be  fun.. it will be VERY hotcand bumpy..  will need hat, sunscreen  sunglasses and big jug of water

.lighthouse is a touristy  stop.. photo op

let us know what you pick and how it was in person!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Two nice options. We used to vacation in Aruba for 2 weeks every winter and have done the Jeep and ATV tours many times. The Jeep may be a little safer depending on your skill level going over sand dunes on an ATV. The weather is deceptive. It is not very hot (82-85 degrees F) with low humidity and a constant breeze - but being 14 degrees latitude off the equator there is an elevated sunburn risk. The Jeep has a top so that affords some protection that the ATV does not. Overall I recommend the Jeep unless you have experience riding an ATV - would you rent a motorcycle or a car kind of decision??

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, billc23 said:

Two nice options. We used to vacation in Aruba for 2 weeks every winter and have done the Jeep and ATV tours many times. The Jeep may be a little safer depending on your skill level going over sand dunes on an ATV. The weather is deceptive. It is not very hot (82-85 degrees F) with low humidity and a constant breeze - but being 14 degrees latitude off the equator there is an elevated sunburn risk. The Jeep has a top so that affords some protection that the ATV does not. Overall I recommend the Jeep unless you have experience riding an ATV - would you rent a motorcycle or a car kind of decision??

Thank you! Both excursions specify that you are not driving - which is fine with me. I sold my car in 2006 when I moved to NYC and have not driven since.

I asked on the Aruba board for the specific sites and the ones from the Jeep got the most positive feedback, so I decided to go with that.

I'm definitely stocking up on the reef-safe sunscreen for this cruise more than any others for sure!!

53 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thank you! Both excursions specify that you are not driving - which is fine with me. I sold my car in 2006 when I moved to NYC and have not driven since.

I asked on the Aruba board for the specific sites and the ones from the Jeep got the most positive feedback, so I decided to go with that.

I'm definitely stocking up on the reef-safe sunscreen for this cruise more than any others for sure!!

Great choice. I always enjoyed driving the Jeep!