Celebrity Beyond Sky Suite question

scurrymd

Hubby and I are looking at taking our teenage granddaughter on a cruise.  We are looking at the Sky Suite and were wondering if there is a curtain or anything that separates the bed from the sofa bed so that she had a bit more privacy at night.  TIA!

Posted (edited)

No, there is not a curtain.  You'd have to go up to a Celebrity suite to get a privacy divider as there is a separate bedroom.

Edit to say, I have seen pics of some pretty ideas of people bringing along magnetic hooks and fashioning their own curtain from the ceiling.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1

Look into a Magic Carpet suite with the adjoining inside cabin, or IV cabin next to it.  It may be cheaper and you each have a private cabin.  

Inside cabin 11184, or 11178.   Or IV 11188, or 11170.   They can be accessed thru an outside door, and the connectiing cabin.   The line shows the connection between the cabins.  The other is the outside door.   This is deck 11, the other decks probably have the same available 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_0948.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, miched said:

Look into a Magic Carpet suite with the adjoining inside cabin, or IV cabin next to it.  It may be cheaper and you each have a private cabin

I would caution against that as you may find that while you are able to enjoy the Retreat amenities, your daughter may not be able to accompany you since she is not sailing in a suite. 

Posted (edited)

The Celebrity Suite has some flaws, in my view, but does give you some of the most room square footage with distinct areas.  So, in case this helps:

My wife and I stayed in one with our then 5 year old.  The sliding bedroom door to the Celebrity Suite is not opaque and it can slide a bit on its own.  So it can let light and sound in.  The sofa will also be on the same wall as the bed, too.  The remotes for the two TV sets will work on both, leading to the wrong TV being controlled if not careful. 

We have thought if in one one again we would need to bring a sheet and hooks to make it a true separate room for sleeping while the living area is in use.  

One implicit benefit is the Celebrity Suites are all near the forward elevators, which is optimal for access to Retreat venues, the Theater, and kids camp.   We were just on Beyond  in a forward Sky Suite and the forward elevator access was ideal for most days.  That said, our family ate a few times at the OVC (mostly, ironically, for vegetables and large format salads) for lunch 3x (with outside seating) and dinner 1x.  The Retreat Sundeck menu is far to limited, and all items were premade.  So we didn't utilize all of our sunk cost for the Retreat.  

Edited by Cap_D

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I would caution against that as you may find that while you are able to enjoy the Retreat amenities, your daughter may not be able to accompany you since she is not sailing in a suite. 

If you are in a suite and book one of those cabins for a family member that are also in the same category.  That is the purpose of those cabins.  You may have to pay more than the rate for an inside cabin. It is like those adjoining cabins next to the penthouse suites on the M class.  We had 11172 and asked the attendant about the adjoining door to 11170.  He said it is for families in that suite wanting the extras space for others traveling with them.   It isn’t the same  as booking  a regular inside cabin, or IV with a SS.  

That is also why I suggested to look into it.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miched said:

If you are in a suite and book one of those cabins for a family member that are also in the same category.  That is the purpose of those cabins.  You may have to pay more than the rate for an inside cabin. It is like those adjoining cabins next to the penthouse suites on the M class.  We had 11172 and asked the attendant about the adjoining door to 11170.  He said it is for families in that suite wanting the extras space for others traveling with them.   It isn’t the same  as booking  a regular inside cabin, or IV with a SS.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Hi,

can I ask you if you had a lot of knocking and pinging in that room ?  We were in it for the March 1st sailing and had to be moved it was so noisy. 

1 hour ago, miched said:

If you are in a suite and book one of those cabins for a family member that are also in the same category.  That is the purpose of those cabins.

Thank you for the information.  I could have sworn that I had read otherwise somewhere here on Cruise Critic but cannot readily find where I thought I saw it.  Search is failing me now. 

12 hours ago, jfer8580 said:

Hi,

can I ask you if you had a lot of knocking and pinging in that room ?  We were in it for the March 1st sailing and had to be moved it was so noisy. 

I don’t remember if there was on that cruise.   It was fairly nice  weather and the seas were rather smooth.   There were times on all ships when the seas were rough that you would hear creaking, and other noises.  

It does seem though as if the new Edge class ships have more louder noises in their cabins than the other classes. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2024 at 7:53 PM, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

How was 11172?  We have not stayed in a magic carpet suite yet, I know I'd love the big window, but just got a move up offer to a sunset sky suite and now I'm wondering if I should give it a shot (we love Aft cabins, but boy would that be a lot of steps to the Retreat)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RMac713 said:

How was 11172?  We have not stayed in a magic carpet suite yet, I know I'd love the big window, but just got a move up offer to a sunset sky suite and now I'm wondering if I should give it a shot (we love Aft cabins, but boy would that be a lot of steps to the Retreat)

Short answer we loved it.  

It is in the middle of the ship.  The bed doesn’t face the balcony and I don’t see the problem.  We had a SS where the bed faced the balcony and it didn’t really do anything for us.   The bath doesn’t have the window to look out.  Not a big deal.  I know many may think it is special.   

The balcony is large enough to have 2 loungers on it.   I will gladly trade the bed facing the balcony and the bath window for those.   We spend a lot of time on the balcony.  The Magic Carpet is 2 decks above.   It provides extra shade and protection from the elements plus there are cabins above instead of a public area.  You can  also look along the side of the ship through the side window, and yes they can see you.   

Also the other SS may have a pole in the balcony area.  The SS are units of 4.  The 2 middle units have a pole.  Those balconies are also not as deep as the MC suites. 

We were able to use the stairs most of the times as we can climb a few flights to go to the retreat areas even though I have had both hips replaced.  It all depended on how we felt.  

Some also may like the other suites as they are closer to the retreat  areas but they will still take the elevator instead of the stairs.  One flight or 2 doesn’t matter if you take the elevator.  

All of the retreat areas are at the front of the ship.   Yes it would be a long walk.  In the MC a you are basically in between the elevator and stair banks.  Equal walk any way you want to go. 

Elevators came rather quickly.  

Hope it helps to decide.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1