Latitudes Rewards

Our next NCL sailing will be the 1st time we are Platinum status.  With that, I know that we get a complimentary Behind the Scenes Tour and an Around the World Wine Tasting.  My question is, do we have to make reservations for those in advance or do we do that once we are on board with the Latitudes Representative?  I am assuming the latter, but do not want to miss out on tour or wine..lol.  Thanks!

4 minutes ago, OhioJourneys said:

Our next NCL sailing will be the 1st time we are Platinum status.  With that, I know that we get a complimentary Behind the Scenes Tour and an Around the World Wine Tasting.  My question is, do we have to make reservations for those in advance or do we do that once we are on board with the Latitudes Representative?  I am assuming the latter, but do not want to miss out on tour or wine..lol.  Thanks!

These events fill up quickly.  I would make the CruiseNext desk the first stop when you get on the ship.

7 minutes ago, OhioJourneys said:

To verify, you cannot make reservations in advance?  We'll plan CruiseNext asap

Nope.  As far as I know, they can’t be booked in advance.

The Wines Around the World event has not impressed me.  They have a few tables each with a few wines from a country or region. You walk around from table-to-table sampling the wines.

Our last one was so overcrowded there was nowhere to stand without people bumping into you, and the servers (or sommeliers) were over-subscribed just pouring wine, never mind describing it.  We left 5 minutes in.

The behind-the-scenes tour is decent, with the two we have participated in visiting the main galley, the theater, and the laundry.  Now that we have done it twice, we will likely pass on most future cruises. 

2 minutes ago, 7Contraveler said:

Hello Everyone, how does one get the latitudes pin? We are platinum and we never have gotten any of the pins. 

Go to the Cruise Next desk (near Guest Services)!

• Thanks 1

We enjoyed both the behind the scenes and the wine tasting. I guess it depends on who’s running the wine tasting. We had some cheese, crackers and breadsticks to enjoy with the wine. There were 4-5 experienced wine waiters from specialty restaurants and we learned a few things.(Viva)  We bought a bottle of wine at Cagney’s when we usually have wine by glass that’s included in our package because we both enjoyed it so much at the tasting. From that point of view it was a good marketing tool. 
the behind the scenes was very interesting. The laundry was so automated and the guy in charge there was so proud of the operation it would be hard not to be impressed.
Cruise next desk also gave us our pins.