What a bargain for Fine Cut 😂

Posted (edited)

LOL. 12pm time on Day 1 of our end of April Apex cruise? Only $379 total for two with grats added. Hard pass! Makes Eden look cheap. Nothing glitchy about the app 😂

B436CB2F-C5FB-4DBC-995B-98605D2DC7F7.jpeg

Edited by Klugslodge1
Typo
  • Like 1

Cruise ship specialty dining is no longer an “up-charge”. It’s full price fine dining. I can go to any number of upscale restaurants on land for the prices they now charge. I’ve done both Remy and  Palo on Disney cruises and they were very reasonable up-charges on our first cruise over five years ago. They also continue to raise their prices and are now at the level of Celebrity dining. It’s all about making money and what the market will bear and apparently there is enough demand to support these high charges. 

• Like 3

Is that for some sort of special meal? I'd have to have an Edge class sailing to book Fine Cut, but it's listed at $65/person for dinner in the app. But yes, that would be a crazy stupid price. I can have three courses prix fix for lunch at a Michelin 3-star restaurant in Manhattan for $127 plus tax and tip (wouldn't include drinks, but neither do most of the shipboard bookings).

Unless that's for a special tasting menu with wine pairing, that's got to be a glitch. Even then it would be high; they're not opening a Chateau Lafite Rothschild for lunch...

• Like 1

The way it shows as Day 1 12 noon is the way the special dinners ( Chef’s Table, Dinner on the Edge and others) show on the booking confirmation. The actual day and time isn’t known until boarding.  

Not idea why it would show as Fine Cut, it normally shows the name of the event.  

10 hours ago, Klugslodge1 said:

LOL. 12pm time on Day 1 of our end of April Apex cruise? Only $379 total for two with grats added. Hard pass! Makes Eden look cheap. Nothing glitchy about the app 😂

We got  the same "booking" but on a different Apex cruise.   This is obviously an error related to the growing pains of adding the status discount to the reservation process.  Should be taken care of shortly I expect.  

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

The way it shows as Day 1 12 noon is the way the special dinners ( Chef’s Table, Dinner on the Edge and others) show on the booking confirmation. The actual day and time isn’t known until boarding.  

Not idea why it would show as Fine Cut, it normally shows the name of the event.  

Thats’s got to be it. The Daniel Boulud dinner is $169 without any discounts. No idea why it’s showing as Fine Cut either. 

40 minutes ago, markeb said:

Thats’s got to be it. The Daniel Boulud dinner is $169 without any discounts. No idea why it’s showing as Fine Cut either. 

Unless they are factoring in the up charge for dry aged ribeye.

It was a one and done for me. I feed my dog better!

But my experience was on the Ascent earlier this year

cheers