Princess sabitinis and crown grill - alaska

Hi all,

Has anyone sailed Alaska and recommended speciality dining vs main dining?  If fresh Alaska seafood is served, we wouldn’t want to miss that.  But if speciality dining such as sabitinis and crown grill are worth the cost and better than main dining, we would be open to trying those for two of the seven nights aboard the grand in Alaska.

Also does anyone know how much these two venues cost?  Thank you. 

Sabatini's serves a 6 course Italian dinner. Crown Grill is steak, lamb, some seafood. I don't know if fresh seafood is served while in Alaska waters. You can ask at the restaurant desk in front of the facility. Crown Grill is $39 + 18% service charge = $46.02/pp. Sabatini's is $35 = 18% = $41.30/pp. I enjoyed both and had enough OBC to cover the costs. I booked on board on a longer Caribbean cruise. This may be difficult on a short Alaska cruise. When booked in advance you have to pay upfront and can not use OBC. 

Look here for sample menus

https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants

2 hours ago, skynight said:

Sabatini's serves a 6 course Italian dinner. Crown Grill is steak, lamb, some seafood. I don't know if fresh seafood is served while in Alaska waters. You can ask at the restaurant desk in front of the facility. Crown Grill is $39 + 18% service charge = $46.02/pp. Sabatini's is $35 = 18% = $41.30/pp. I enjoyed both and had enough OBC to cover the costs. I booked on board on a longer Caribbean cruise. This may be difficult on a short Alaska cruise. When booked in advance you have to pay upfront and can not use OBC. 

Look here for sample menus

https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants

We have never had an issue getting late dining tables even on 7 day cruises while on board. In our experience as long as you don’t need to eat early it should not be an issue. We were on a 10 day Mexico cruise and at 8:00 Crown Grille was half empty

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

We have never had an issue getting late dining tables even on 7 day cruises while on board. In our experience as long as you don’t need to eat early it should not be an issue. We were on a 10 day Mexico cruise and at 8:00 Crown Grille was half empty

You may see tables, but they sometimes don't have enough staff to serve all tables. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, startedwithamouse said:

You may see tables, but they sometimes don't have enough staff to serve all tables. 

I was seated at 8:00 as a walk in. We cruise 3-4 times a year and have never made a specialty dinner reservation before boarding and usually eat in them at least 2 times a cruise 

Edited by memoak

20 minutes ago, memoak said:

I was seated at 8:00 as a walk in. We cruise 3-4 times a year and have never made a specialty dinner reservation before boarding and usually eat in them at least 2 times a cruise 

That's good they could accommodate a walk-in.