Bringing bottled water on board the ship

We are planning an Alaskan cruise next year.  My husband usually needs 2 bottles of water at night and I need 1.  We plan to get the Premier drink package.  If we get bottled water on the ship does that go against our 20 free daily drinks?  If it does can we bring a flat of water when we board?  Sorry for the dumb questions but it's important to have the water for the room.

Posted (edited)

With a beverage package, even if it DID count (which it doesn't) that would still leave you with 19/18 alcoholic drinks per day!

Edited by Senga
  • Like 1

Plus and Premier packages allow for up to 15 alcoholic drinks a day. You can get bottles of water at any bar on ship and stack them up in your cabin we easily go through 3 bottles a day or more. Coffee and sodas also are unlimited 

• Like 1

I usually buy their water special - 12 bottles for $7 (last time I checked.). I think you need to purchase this before you sale.   If you are elite I think you can also exchange your bar for waters.  
That’s in addition to the package.  I get sparkling during the day but like regular bottles on hand.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skiladyldp said:

If we get bottled water on the ship does that go against our 20 free daily drinks

It's 15 alcoholic drinks per person per day with the packages, not 20.

Non-acholic drinks (coffee/tea from Int'l Cafe, bottle water from bars, sodas, etc) don't count against your drink count and are unlimited.  

I've asked for 5 bottles of water at time and the bartenders don't have a problem giving away multiple bottles at a time.

• Like 2

Thank you for the replies.  I have also found out we can request distilled water for our CPAP machines.  I have cruised Princess once but it was in 2015 so things have changed and my memory of what I could get is foggy.

6 minutes ago, skiladyldp said:

Thank you for the replies.  I have also found out we can request distilled water for our CPAP machines.  I have cruised Princess once but it was in 2015 so things have changed and my memory of what I could get is foggy.

Yes, you can request prior on the website, or just tell your room steward

If you want tons of bottled water in your room, just order a bunch of the water packages.

It's $7 for 12 x 12oz bottles. It's a great price and a hell of a lot more convenient than dragging cases of bottled water all over the place.

I purchase these even when we have one of the packages. It's cheap.

image.png.5ae4280e61293fa8491acd84c64c1618.png

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, artvlay said:

What is the current policy bringing water or soda onboard at embarkation?

The policy on soda is one 12 pack per person, but it seems they don't enfor e it.  Have brought more than that with no issue.  

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 4:53 AM, Outerdog said:

If you want tons of bottled water in your room, just order a bunch of the water packages.

It's $7 for 12 x 12oz bottles. It's a great price and a hell of a lot more convenient than dragging cases of bottled water all over the place.

I purchase these even when we have one of the packages. It's cheap.

image.png.5ae4280e61293fa8491acd84c64c1618.png

Same, convenient/inexpensive and in the room when we board, on board the Crown sailing to Hawaii right now and bought 4.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cruisintimer said:

Same, convenient/inexpensive and in the room when we board, on board the Crown sailing to Hawaii right now and bought 4.

Since it looks like Carnival is increasing the price of there water package could Princess increase be far behind ?

• Like 1