"LIVE' from Celebrity BEYOND - April 12th, 2024 Sailing: 10-night Ultimate Caribbean!

9 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Glad he didn't get you! 

Who is Shouting Shana? 🤣  Cruise Director?   We have Alexa.  

🍹

She was the Cruise Director, better suited for a Disney cruise. We had Luigi on Ascent just prior to boarding Beyond, I think we were spoiled. 😀

Cheers! 

5 minutes ago, countess5 said:

She was the Cruise Director, better suited for a Disney cruise. We had Luigi on Ascent just prior to boarding Beyond, I think we were spoiled. 😀

Cheers! 

We had Luigi on the Beyond last time.  

I don't really pay attention to who the Cruise Director is but Luigi seemed out and about more.  Last night Alexa talked before the show and I think she thinks she is a comedian...it was like, OK, stop talking and let the act start.  😆

🍹

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Another excellent day.  Antigua.  I booked a private driver and tour for us.   Perfect. 

I booked it months ago.  Highly recommend.  Will post his contact information. A+++

🍹

I know I owe a lot of details and catch up. 😉

• Like 1

He also found us the elusive Antigua Black Pineapple. Delicious!  🥰   Not the same as what we're used to. Better if you can believe it!

🍍  Fresh cut for us.  🤩

🍹

20240418_140037.thumb.jpg.ca21c881cd17737426b4b5ed62e68c5b.jpg

20240418_140212.thumb.jpg.7921b943fadce376ace634a6011033eb.jpg

• Like 4

I usually don't eat breakfast because it makes me hungrier even sooner for lunch.  I know, odd, but true.  However with the heat and not knowing exactly when we'll eat lunch I do have something in the morning.  

I've had different things but here are poached eggs and a bagel. 

I also make iced tea.  I ask for two glasses of ice.  😉   Steep then pour.   As the day goes on, then Cafe Bacio for my iced tea. =).

🍹

20240419_085412.thumb.jpg.d7f454abba67f96c6e712e6bac18e1c0.jpg

20240419_085856.thumb.jpg.dc16182b89772caa98d414fb4b9697b0.jpg

20240419_085801.thumb.jpg.413ef82bae2832b6669e47f0875e3a61.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

We did eat in Luminae last night and it was good.  It was only our 3rd time there for dinner.  Service is very good. 

Why so few times so far?  Between the menu and specialty dining and other plans, it's just worked out that way.  We will go back again.  

We do like having the same waiter/waitstaff so not eating there every night, we miss them.

🍹

So far for dinner:

Day 1:  Luminae

Day 2: Eden

Day 3: Rooftop Garden Grill

Day 4: Luminae 

Day 5: Main Dining Room - Normandie

Day 6: Raw on 5 then Oceanview Cafe

Day 7: Luminae 

Day 8: Rooftop Garden Grill

Day 9:  

Day 10:  

Edited by PinkSandGirl

On 4/16/2024 at 8:42 PM, PinkSandGirl said:

We had fun.  The most 'uncomfortable' was on the way to the catamaran...our trek over the hills and through the woods. 🤣  

🍹

Did I miss the story on this? Was surprised to hear you had a “trek” to the catamaran. We had booked a private catamaran last month and it picked us up right outside the ship. It looked like the cruise sponsored catamaran excursions were just outside the ship also. 🤔

Cheers! 

Just now, countess5 said:

Did I miss the story on this? Was surprised to hear you had a “trek” to the catamaran. We had booked a private catamaran last month and it picked us up right outside the ship. It looked like the cruise sponsored catamaran excursions were just outside the ship also. 🤔

Cheers! 

I haven't updated that yet.  The group was very large so they split us up.  First catamaran filled and was right at the ship.  There was a waiver to sign that they weren't telling people so that was the first group.  Very disorganized.  We were the 2nd larger catamaran and had to make a trek over through the shops and then further to a back dock where a ferry comes.   After waiting in the rain and then hot sun, it just wasn't expected.   They dropped us off in the same spot.  

🍹

What’s been your favorite restaurant so far? I have a couple specialty restaurants booked for my 4/22 sailing. I like variety and didn’t want to eat in Luminae every night so hope it’s worth the extra cost! 

6 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

I haven't updated that yet.  The group was very large so they split us up.  First catamaran filled and was right at the ship.  There was a waiver to sign that they weren't telling people so that was the first group.  Very disorganized.  We were the 2nd larger catamaran and had to make a trek over through the shops and then further to a back dock where a ferry comes.   After waiting in the rain and then hot sun, it just wasn't expected.   They dropped us off in the same spot.  

🍹

Hope you let guest rel and excursion dept know..not so much for a credit but to have them square things away with the vendor, 

We had a simlar experience on St Kitts..long trek in hot sun to board an obviously too small ferry...then we were asked to get off..long wait in the sun for a larger  vessel..No one from Celeb excursiin dept in sight..at least to hand out water!  Dropped off at same inconvenient spit...had to take a ling trek thru shops.

Our ferry ride and tour on Nevis were great,  but X excursion Dept was useless!

Posted (edited)
On 4/14/2024 at 10:14 AM, omahabob said:

I said sun. That's shade. I think you're missing the point of the Caribbean.  :classic_biggrin:

I became a lobster today 🦞😬🤦‍♀️

Didn't put sunscreen on in the cabin. I know.  Had it with me but we got to the beach and the sand was Fire Sand that we needed to get in the water.  The water was so refreshing that you don't feel the burn.  Well... I am red.  

I had 2nd degree sunburn in Maui almost 24 years ago so I am careful. Well, today...

Aloe is calling me.  I don't think I am in need of medical care and burn creams like what I needed in Maui.  You could however probably fry an egg on me.  🍳 

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Shellyd22 said:

What’s been your favorite restaurant so far? I have a couple specialty restaurants booked for my 4/22 sailing. I like variety and didn’t want to eat in Luminae every night so hope it’s worth the extra cost! 

Oh...they have all had highlights.  I sometimes have a hard time picking just one.  😆   Let me think.  

🍹

4 hours ago, hcat said:

Hope you let guest rel and excursion dept know..not so much for a credit but to have them square things away with the vendor, 

We had a simlar experience on St Kitts..long trek in hot sun to board an obviously too small ferry...then we were asked to get off..long wait in the sun for a larger  vessel..No one from Celeb excursiin dept in sight..at least to hand out water!  Dropped off at same inconvenient spit...had to take a ling trek thru shops.

Our ferry ride and tour on Nevis were great,  but X excursion Dept was useless!

Yes.  Letting them know.  I said it that day. It's on my list for tomorrow.   Not for compensation but they need to know.

Ugh...your St. Kitts start doesn't sound fun.  Water and shade are two very important things in the heat, especially when you aren't expecting it.  

🍹

great pics.. someone in my high school class in NY (eons ago) , visited an aunt who lived on Saba...it was the biggest news of the holidays!  Very intriguing!

• Like 1

Ok...so to add to the funny stories of things we've had.  We have had some hysterical water moments.

But...

Today our friend, who's birthday it is, was sitting on a beach chair with his feet in the sand talking to my boyfriend.  Birthday boy is about to come in the water after sitting for like an hour with his feet on what we now call Fire Sand.  He looks down after moving his feet.  Both of his soles on his sneakers came off because of the heat!🔥 Seriously!    They aren't old and they are New Balance.   It was and still is hysterical. 🤣

🍹

• Like 2