"LIVE' from Celebrity BEYOND - April 12th, 2024 Sailing: 10-night Ultimate Caribbean!

6 minutes ago, hcat said:

great pics.. someone in my high school class in NY (eons ago) , visited an aunt who lived on Saba...it was the biggest news of the holidays!  Very intriguing!

Captain Kate said the airport runway is only 400m long!

Very neat you know someone who visited.

🍹

2 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Our view when dining tonight.  Beautiful sky.  Saba (island).  It was like a backdrop. 

🍹

20240419_182357.thumb.jpg.8343af3fd49a59845a31e05c7f7f3049.jpg

20240419_182401.thumb.jpg.33cd7de7bacd417fe46ec1186d42fc26.jpg

20240419_182403.thumb.jpg.9087ced52d8a51f7583a8abda62209cf.jpg

20240419_182406.thumb.jpg.c06749f472700badaed3ed5118734ce4.jpg

20240419_182417.thumb.jpg.e63ce2519cd593c5e97b54279152e253.jpg

20240419_182419.thumb.jpg.bdbb7fa5ecc7fa493a0a3582bd5864d7.jpg

20240419_182422.thumb.jpg.ecc05d43edfab0e03b1521e0e878ad99.jpg

20240419_182427.thumb.jpg.27c216a9035720689818ecdadf34791d.jpg

20240419_185347.thumb.jpg.88c6ba7d4e5c048d9f1a25c552c6d17e.jpg

20240419_185353.thumb.jpg.e20a4d293edf41af03bc2f7fb4e753d0.jpg

20240419_185358.thumb.jpg.7726290972a4f37d6638fbffee39db3e.jpg

20240419_185401.thumb.jpg.4f381be5e219b97d9ef02d9c8ee7aafb.jpg

Great pictures!  I see just about that view when I am at our place in St. Maarten.  It’s only about 28 miles away and our place looks directly out at Saba.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Rooftop Garden Grill - 2nd time. 

Another wonderful meal and outstanding service!

I promise pictures.  =).

🍹

In March we ate there and did not care for the main course.  We had brisket and the ribs and both were so hard to chew we finally gave up.   Dried and hard.

1 hour ago, bjahil47 said:

In March we ate there and did not care for the main course.  We had brisket and the ribs and both were so hard to chew we finally gave up.   Dried and hard.

Our friend had the ribs the other night and said they were very good.  Everything we had was good except I had the ***** Burger, no bacon, and the taste was good but the texture freaked me out. It was the grind. I ate half. 

Tonight my dad had the ribs as an app and he said they were good, not dry at all.  Someone else had them as part of the main course and they were dry.  You could see how dry they were. Someone had the brisket and enjoyed it.  4 of us had filet and it was very good.  My dad had the seafood kabobs and t-bone and both were good.  

All sides, apps and desserts were very good as well. 

Out of two meals and 'lots of food ordered between the 6 of us, only 2 misses.   The ribs though, other orders were good. 

🍹

• Like 1

We ate at the Rooftop Garden Grill  on ASCENT. Had to ask the adjacent Pickle ballers to stop their overtime play..Plink Plink.

..It was a beautiful night.  calm waters, stars etc!  Service and food were very good but it was a very casual venue with tables closely situated and a few large groups.

We would skip it next time.except maybe for lunch..if no Pickleball.  I recall  lunch portions were huge on other ships..

13 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

🍹

This reminds me of landing on St Barts, they go between two mountains and then cut the engines so the plane glides down onto a very short runway with a beach at the end of it. Very Cool!

Cheers! 

9 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Everything we had was good except I had the ***** Burger, no bacon, and the taste was good but the texture freaked me out. It was the grind. I ate half.

🍹

Oh my gosh! This was me on Silhouette at Lawn Club Grill! I had a burger, but the texture was so odd that I kind of freaked out! And I don’t normally have a problem with food texture! I can’t believe you were able to eat half of it!

48 minutes ago, Beachlover1989 said:

Oh my gosh! This was me on Silhouette at Lawn Club Grill! I had a burger, but the texture was so odd that I kind of freaked out! And I don’t normally have a problem with food texture! I can’t believe you were able to eat half of it!

The texture got really weird in the middle. It wasn't as bad around the perimeter of that half but once I got to that texture, I couldn't eat anymore.   😆  It's ashame because it had a good taste but couldn't get past the texture. 

At Lawn Club on the Reflection, 7 years ago, we went for lunch and the burgers were excellent. No texture issues at all.  Somewhere along the way.... 

🍹

1 hour ago, countess5 said:

This reminds me of landing on St Barts, they go between two mountains and then cut the engines so the plane glides down onto a very short runway with a beach at the end of it. Very Cool!

Cheers! 

Wow!  I think that would make me a bit nervous.   I would imagine it's a small plane?

🍹

4 hours ago, hcat said:

We ate at the Rooftop Garden Grill  on ASCENT. Had to ask the adjacent Pickle ballers to stop their overtime play..Plink Plink.

..It was a beautiful night.  calm waters, stars etc!  Service and food were very good but it was a very casual venue with tables closely situated and a few large groups.

We would skip it next time.except maybe for lunch..if no Pickleball.  I recall  lunch portions were huge on other ships..

We had the same table both nights.  Right by the kitchen. When we ate there last time on here, there were 4 of us and our tables weren't close to anyone but there are some two tops that are closer than others.  

No pickelball when we've been.  It seems pickleball is in the late morning, early afternoon now, but not everyday.    If eating during lunch, then yes it might be at the same time.  For dinner, you only really hear the sounds of the restaurant itself.  

🍹

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Wow!  I think that would make me a bit nervous.   I would imagine it's a small plane?

🍹

Very small plane, makes for an interesting landing. 😂

1 hour ago, countess5 said:

Cheers! 

Bermuda was a bit tight as well when we flew..

I see the notice about "Not reserving deck chairs", have you noticed if they are taking it seriously? It's so frustrating to look for a chair by the pool only to find them all filled with belongings, but no one in sight, ever!

Just currious. Hope you've had a great cruise and thank you for sharing.

I'm onboard Apex next week.

-Sunny

20 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

🍹

My sister and her family lived there for a few years.  Their photos made it look wonderful, even though it is indeed tiny.

• Like 1

Do you know when Captain Kate finishes her tour?   I understand it has been extended “ a few weeks” but don’t know exactly when she leaves.  

We’re boarding May 12th with fingers crossed.   The only other time I sailed with her, I missed Bug.   Would love to sail with her again.  

great LIVE.  

Day 10 - Sea Day

The last day.   Fooey!   You know how it is.  

A wonderful trip. Always sad to leave but always nice to go home.

We have a late afternoon flight so we'll eat breakfast in Luminae then hang out in the Retreat Lounge until they kick us off.  

I am writing this after midnight so it is now technically Day 11.  

🍹

• Like 2