Summer 26

sogne

45 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

I wish they would make them available to browse now to allow us time before the 16th to decide which (if any) we want to do.

Same here, would be nice to pick out the cruises interested in before they go on sale x

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

I wish they would make them available to browse now to allow us time before the 16th to decide which (if any) we want to do.

6 minutes ago, Flo71 said:

Same here, would be nice to pick out the cruises interested in before they go on sale x

There is a full week between being able to see the itineraries and being able to book them.  Sogne said they go on sale on the 23rd.

Edited by tring
  • Like 3

Just now, tring said:

There is a full week between being able to see the itineraries and being able to book them.

If they have them ready now, why can't they just share them, I have no patience 🙂

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, tring said:

There is a full week between being able to see the itineraries and being able to book them.  Sogne said they go on sale on the 23rd.

I agree, but the earlier you can register with the TA the more likely you are to get the cabin you want

51 minutes ago, david63 said:

Not sure why you need to see them at all if they follow the same pattern as previous years it will be the same old same.

I am a teacher so need to see how they fall with the dates and different school hols

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Flo71 said:

I am a teacher so need to see how they fall with the dates and different school hols

I feel your pain ... 

• Haha 2

Cannot think there will be anything drastically different in terms of itineraries or newish ports to visit. Same old Azura in Med, Iona to Fjords, Arvia and Britannia doing round trips from Southampton for 2 weeks etc. The only ones that ever interest me are Aurora or Arcadia who do longer trips than 2 weeks and often include nice different ports such as Sorrento. I will prepare to be amazed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sweep2907 said:

Cannot think there will be anything drastically different in terms of itineraries or newish ports to visit. Same old Azura in Med, Iona to Fjords, Arvia and Britannia doing round trips from Southampton for 2 weeks etc. The only ones that ever interest me are Aurora or Arcadia who do longer trips than 2 weeks and often include nice different ports such as Sorrento. I will prepare to be amazed.

It will be interesting to see how the fjord itineraries have been adjusted to take account of the restrictions coming in at the beginning of January 2026. I think Flam and Geiranger/Helysylt will be out, but there have been suggestions that Olden might be out of bounds too.

1 hour ago, sweep2907 said:

I don't care where they go. I think the ship is the destination although we do get off at every port, weather permitting. I think that is why i like the two big ones where there is plenty to do on board. I also have to say the daft expression "Same old, same old" really grates. Exactly where are p&O going to magic up these new ports.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, daiB said:

I don't care where they go. I think the ship is the destination although we do get off at every port, weather permitting. I think that is why i like the two big ones where there is plenty to do on board. I also have to say the daft expression "Same old, same old" really grates. Exactly where are p&O going to magic up these new ports.

There are many people who do cruise for the itinerary, or at least they express that view. Like you we cruise because it is the best way to take a sunshine holiday when you dont fly, and I agree the 2 new ships do have much more facilities to entertain us.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Spike11 said:

It will be interesting to see how the fjord itineraries have been adjusted to take account of the restrictions coming in at the beginning of January 2026. I think Flam and Geiranger/Helysylt will be out, but there have been suggestions that Olden might be out of bounds too.

If those ports were removed I wouldn't be interested in a fjords cruise, if it could actually be called a fjords cruise.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Pirateguy said:

Why do they never do regional departures e.g. Liverpool. Bristol, Scotland, etc,,,,,id have more ships based overseas in winter to avoid the bay of biscay 

5 out of the 7 are now with only Iona and Ventura available between New Year and the end of March. There are thousands of cruisers who do not want to fly And the two above are on long Caribbean cruises.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, daiB said:

5 out of the 7 are now with only Iona and Ventura available between New Year and the end of March. There are thousands of cruisers who do not want to fly And the two above are on long Caribbean cruises.

Thats not correct Aurora and arcadia also southampton based

5 minutes ago, Pirateguy said:

Thats not correct Aurora and arcadia also southampton based

No they are on long / world cruises in Jan Feb and March. 

Same old same old??

I am currently on Arvia, just leaving Valencia as I write this, and out of about 6000 passengers less than half are Peninsular Club members! Plenty of new people wanting the ‘same old same old’ cruises! Couple in the cabin next to ours are mid 20s and never cruised before! 😆

4 minutes ago, rickycheshire said:

Same old same old??

I am currently on Arvia, just leaving Valencia as I write this, and out of about 6000 passengers less than half are Peninsular Club members! Plenty of new people wanting the ‘same old same old’ cruises! Couple in the cabin next to ours are mid 20s and never cruised before! 😆

Stating the obvious will not not please everyone. People  who have been cruising a lot will find it repetitive. The large number of newer cruisers will not. I and a BOF and just like cruising. I am with your people next door.

1 hour ago, daiB said:

You clearly live a sheltered life within P&O, just take a look at other companies and their variety in itineraries. It just takes a little imagination. P&O cruisers are forced to look elsewhere after a while due to the same old itineraries. Some say the boat is the destination in which case I'd be unlikely to cruise on P&O who lack the imagination of new boats that other brands have. I love visiting new ports and varied itineraries personally. It is very much each to their own but many people understandably will feel its same old, which may be daft to you but it is fact.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, sweep2907 said:

You clearly live a sheltered life within P&O, just take a look at other companies and their variety in itineraries. It just takes a little imagination. P&O cruisers are forced to look elsewhere after a while due to the same old itineraries. Some say the boat is the destination in which case I'd be unlikely to cruise on P&O who lack the imagination of new boats that other brands have. I love visiting new ports and varied itineraries personally. It is very much each to their own but many people understandably will feel its same old, which may be daft to you but it is fact.

I also think P&O lack imagination with their cruise itineraries and have for many years. Same old same old is fine for us for the longer round trip cruises to the Caribbean for some winter sun or a shorter cruise just to get away. However for our bucket list cruises they are limited and do not travel to many parts of the world. We quite like a nice long med cruise in summer but that usually means we have to look elsewhere. New cruisers are fine just as we were when we were new but some of us seasoned cruisers who are still pretty mobile and want to visit new places then P&O don't fit the bill for us.

• Like 10