Summer 26

sogne

I always find it amusing how people moan about p&o and still sail with them, but p&o must be doing something right for the amount of people still sailing with them, but each to there own.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, sweep2907 said:

You clearly live a sheltered life within P&O, just take a look at other companies and their variety in itineraries. It just takes a little imagination. P&O cruisers are forced to look elsewhere after a while due to the same old itineraries. Some say the boat is the destination in which case I'd be unlikely to cruise on P&O who lack the imagination of new boats that other brands have. I love visiting new ports and varied itineraries personally. It is very much each to their own but many people understandably will feel its same old, which may be daft to you but it is fact.

I dont fly as I have a scooter. Your options above would all include flying. There are no ports i have not been to with cruiselines other than P&O which are available. Have you seen how many cruises I have been on?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, zap99 said:

I think we will have a look at 2025 first.

Now it's funny you say that, but I've already booked 2025, I have now also for 2026 and have managed to co-ordinate Virtuosa with a short Queen Mary 2.   Beyond delighted, particularly as both ships are filling very quickly, Virtuosa because of some new itineraries and ports to MSC and the latter just because she's Queen Mary 2.

Edited by showingdiva
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bazrat said:

I always find it amusing how people moan about p&o and still sail with them, but p&o must be doing something right for the amount of people still sailing with them, but each to there own.

Why is it amusing? We all have choice to go wherever we want, when we want. Do people only ever shop in one supermarket? Only ever get petrol from one station? It is called choice and it is great we all have so much choice. It is 2024 and gone are the days of remaining loyal to one cruise company. I will continue to pick the ship and itinerary and company that suits me for where I want to explore and sometimes it will still be P&O.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, showingdiva said:

Now it's funny you say that, but I've already booked 2025, I have now also for 2026 and have managed to co-ordinate Virtuosa with a short Queen Mary 2.   Beyond delighted, particularly as both ships are filling very quickly, Virtuosa because of some new itineraries and ports to MSC and the latter just because she's Queen Mary 2.

I've booked 2025 on Queen Mary 2 for two cruises one 21 night and one 7 night. I'd thought plenty of time to do so but I really struggled two weeks ago to get on the 21 night one in a balcony cabin let alone anything higher.  Not to be caught out I've booked at launch for 2026 and if the P&O ones interest will definitely do so again.

It's being noted elsewhere that most Princess cruises are sailing full, a large number of 2024/5 Cunard and Celebrity sailings have extremely limited availability so I don't doubt P&O aren't going to be far behind.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, sweep2907 said:

Why is it amusing? We all have choice to go wherever we want, when we want. Do people only ever shop in one supermarket? Only ever get petrol from one station? It is called choice and it is great we all have so much choice. It is 2024 and gone are the days of remaining loyal to one cruise company. I will continue to pick the ship and itinerary and company that suits me for where I want to explore and sometimes it will still be P&O.

Your reply to my post is baffling but those who liked your comment obviously didn’t read my post, at no point did I question anyone’s choice to sail with whoever they chose to it’s your money to do with what you wish, so please reread my post.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pirateguy said:

Thats not correct Aurora and arcadia also southampton based

Bear in mind that P&O are part of Carnival, and Princess, Holland America and Carnival itself, as well as Costa and AIDA, all do Med fly cruises, so adding extra P&O med fly cruises would simply increase competition and put pressure on prices.

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Bear in mind that P&O are part of Carnival, and Princess, Holland America and Carnival itself, as well as Costa and AIDA, all do Med fly cruises, so adding extra P&O med fly cruises would simply increase competition and put pressure on prices.

Plus P&O as not got the largest fleet in the group so they try to cover all basses 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bazrat said:

Your reply to my post is baffling but those who liked your comment obviously didn’t read my post, at no point did I question anyone’s choice to sail with whoever they chose to it’s your money to do with what you wish, so please reread my post.

I think you probably need to reread your own post. You say in your first sentence you find it amusing people who moan about P&O and still sail with P&O? You sound like the sort of person who would sit there arguing with themselves. I'm going to leave it there now as life too short.

38 minutes ago, sweep2907 said:

I think you probably need to reread your own post. You say in your first sentence you find it amusing people who moan about P&O and still sail with P&O? You sound like the sort of person who would sit there arguing with themselves. I'm going to leave it there now as life too short.

To be fair to Baz , the way I read his post is "Folk moan about P&O" and yet always 

come back to them . 

Folk like your good self do use other lines as well as P&O as opposed to the above .

As you say life's to short, so good on you for moving on .

• Like 2

18 hours ago, daiB said:

I don't care where they go. I think the ship is the destination although we do get off at every port, weather permitting. I think that is why i like the two big ones where there is plenty to do on board. I also have to say the daft expression "Same old, same old" really grates. Exactly where are p&O going to magic up these new ports.

We enjoy both. The big ships offer plenty of choices re food and entertainment, but we like the destinations as well. We were speaking to some folk on an RC cruise pre covid. We asked ' what are you doing tomorrow?. We're staying on the ship, we saw Rome a few years ago.😂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2024 at 10:47 AM, zap99 said:

We asked ' what are you doing tomorrow?. We're staying on the ship, we saw Rome a few years ago.😂

Has it changed a lot over the last few years?

I am waiting to see whether there will be any cruises to view the solar eclipse in summer 2026. Cunard seem to have three although they may not all witness the total eclipse, just partial. 

Edited by pete14

28 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I am waiting to see whether there will be any cruises to view the solar eclipse in summer 2026. Cunard seem to have three although they may not all witness the total eclipse, just partial. 

Have the Roman's finished the Coliseum yet, not much.point going if it's still unfinished!

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Have the Roman's finished the Coliseum yet, not much.point going if it's still unfinished!

Especially if it is raining.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, pete14 said:

We have been to that Rome a few times over the years.  It has changed completely. They haven't started rebuilding the forum yet, but the circus maximus has been brightened up a bit. The ceiling in the sistine Chapel could be with a luck of paint. Second thoughts. No it's not changed much. Next time we will stay on the ship.

IMG_20180912_120417.jpg

IMG_20180912_113952.jpg

Edited by zap99

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

We have been to that Rome a few times over the years.  It has changed completely. They haven't started rebuilding the forum yet, but the circus maximus has been brightened up a bit. The ceiling in the sistine Chapel could be with a luck of paint. Second thoughts. No it's not changed much. Next time we will stay on the ship.

IMG_20180912_120417.jpg

IMG_20180912_113952.jpg

Difference between 2022 and 2019? The rubbish strike was over and it smelt far sweeter.  On the other hand they're still trying to build a new underground line under the Colosseum ...

20220615_202209.jpg

20220615_214324.jpg

20220617_091521.jpg

20220617_091532.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Have been to Rome many times and had a 5 night stay once. Can never get enough of the place .. love it. 

I agree, there always seems something new to see. We took a tour guided by an archaeology student the last time we went and visited a new museum which is mostly underground, based on findings while digging foundations for new buildings. The guide was so interesting and exited by some of the new digs we were sad to end the tour. 

• Like 6

22 hours ago, cruisefan2012 said:

Has anybody managed to find any itineraries leaked on t'internet?...

I think I know what I'd like to do, if its an option...

Just do a search for the last 5 years itineraries that’ll be 99% accurate 

• Haha 2

Just now, tring said:

Arcadia and Aurora have been alternating on the Canada/US cruise each year and the one which is not doing that has been doing a Canada only cruise up the St Lawrence.  So Arcadia would be due to do the Canada/US in Autumn 2026, with Aurora doing the St Lawrence one.  

19-26 nighters sound interesting, made me curious now.

There isn’t a Canada only one in 2026. Aurora is doing a 24 night cruise to Eastern Med including Cyprus and Egypt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

Aurora is doing a 24 night cruise to Eastern Med including Cyprus and Egypt.

I bet there won't be many booking that on opening day.