Captain's Club "Create and Pour" vs. "Music and Mixology"

These two events are shown at the Elite level of the Captain's Club perks.  The Create and Pour is only available on Beyond, Ascent and Apex while the mixology is offered on all of the ships.  We've attended the Music and Mixology and have enjoyed the show.  Despite being on Ascent for the pre-inaugural cruises, we did not get an invitation to either event.  I'm guessing they didn't hold them on the short preview cruises. 

Have you attended the Create and Pour event?  If so, what did it entail and how was it?

I believe the create and pour event was with the resident artist on board …they teach you to make a picture and you are served wine….

we went once…I like the music and mixology better…

5 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

I believe the create and pour event was with the resident artist on board …they teach you to make a picture and you are served wine….

Now see?  My head went immediately to cocktail making with the create and pour event.  Never would have thought about it involving art.  Sounds interesting, though.  But you didn't really like it?  Did you walk away with a piece of "art"?  

4 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Now see?  My head went immediately to cocktail making with the create and pour event.  Never would have thought about it involving art.  Sounds interesting, though.  But you didn't really like it?  Did you walk away with a piece of "art"?  

That’s what I originally thought…

I’m not that artistic and my painting was an epic fail but a lot of people really enjoyed it…

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

Thanks for this, I just made Elite so good to know what to expect

• Like 2

We have did both. 

The create and pour was fun.  They served some wine while the artist instructed us how to do a sketch.   It was also very interesting 

The music and Mixology consisted of a BT making 4 different drinks while someone explained how to make it and what is in it while some music is being played by the band.  It has been the same drink on different cruises.  Manhattan, Mai Tai, Cosmo  and something made with Pimms and I think Champagne.    The Mai Tai doesn’t really taste like one and wasn’t that good.   Actually none of them were worth drinking.   As you can see this is how the drinks looked when we left.  We had a drink pack but if we didn’t we probably would have finished them,   The event last about 1/2 hour.   On our last cruise they only made 3.  They didn’t do the Cosmo.   

Photo of a sea horse that we were shown how to sketch

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_0953.jpeg

IMG_0954.jpeg

• Thanks 1