Disappearing OBC

luv2travel90266

6 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

If you book a cruise that has OBC as a promotion, you can’t really expect to cancel & keep the OBC, unless you are lifting and shifting your booking!

Yes, so true, but some itineraries are not repeated so lifting and shifting is not possible 

• 1 month later...

Reiterating many of the previous comments on this thread...

In early April Azamara sent a marketing email that included the following wording:

In addition to your Quarterly Loyalty Savings, take advantage of our current brand offer and choose between a US$1,000 Onboard Credit or an Airfare Discount* credited to your cruise fare. These offers are also combinable with any Onboard Credits or other Azamara Circle offers you may already have. To take advantage of these savings, be sure to book before 30 June 2024.

At the time, they were also offering additional 10% OBC for immediate payment.

We booked the next day through a major UK travel agent (who confirmed the offer with Azamara)  and paid them in full a couple of days later.  From the outset, the US$1,000 OBC was on the booking, but the 10% immediate-payment OBC was missing.  No amount of chasing by TA or myself seemed to resolve this, so I escalated to a TA senior manager on Friday.

He was more candid with me, telling me that Azamara had admitted their mistake but that nobody seemed to have sufficient authority to resolve it.  But when I looked at my booking, Azamara had removed the $1,000 OBC.  Now it was zero!  Talk about one step forward and two back!

I'll report back on how an email to Erin O'Donnell expressing my utter frustration is responded to.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2024 at 9:49 AM, fruitmachine said:

I'll report back on how an email to Erin O'Donnell expressing my utter frustration is responded to.

I emailed Erin O'Donnell and heard nothing.  So after a week - and with my TA still making little headway other than getting a promise that Azamara were still working on it ten weeks into the problem - I tried an alternative email address for her that appeared on another CC thread.  That got an acknowledgement, the revelation that my previous email had gone to her Spam folder, and a promise that she would "get back to you today with an answer on the OBC!".  She didn't.

However ... two days later my booking showed the correct OBC!  To my delight, it was still there this morning!!  Whether this was due to my TA's persistence, Erin's intervention, or a combination of these, I'll probably never know. 

She never did reply, and a 'thank you' email to her went unacknowledged.

• Like 1

I always thought it was brave channeling all emails to one mailbox. Maybe they’d underestimated how many folks were struggling still with issues. Let’s hope it sorts for you soon. 

Posted (edited)

I suspect they record OBC in more than one place, though whether this is the reason for 'disappearances' would surprise me. We are taking family on a cruise soon, so used the old Refer & Receive programme to apply for OBC for them. I had acknowledgment of the success of the applications (two cabins) but when the Reservation Confirmations were produced after final payment the credit only showed up against one of the cabins. I queried this via my TA and they eventually sent me a further Azamara confirmation that it had been added and was showing against the cabin - they said it was visible 'on the system' but had not been allocated to the cabin? Subsequently, it had 'disappeared' from both cabins when the Guest Ticket Booklets were sent out last week. TA investigated and said that not all credit is shown at this point (though the EXMO early booking bonus was). They sent me further evidence that it does exist! At no time has it been visible on 'Manage my Reservation'. 

Needless to say, I'll be taking all the relevant bits of paper with me in case it doesn't appear on board.

Edited by tonyl1956
Confused it by mentioning FCC!
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I am in Australia, just FYI, so there are obviously exchange rate differences.  I have 100% definitely taken this into account in what I am about to say:  My OBC showing on the website bears absolutely no resemblance to the OBC showing on my invoice.  Is anyone else in that position?  The discrepancy is actually in my favour at the moment, so I'm not really complaining, but I am worried that it could be just about anything when I get onboard.  Up, Down, who knows? 

3 hours ago, lahore said:

I am in Australia, just FYI, so there are obviously exchange rate differences.  I have 100% definitely taken this into account in what I am about to say:  My OBC showing on the website bears absolutely no resemblance to the OBC showing on my invoice.  Is anyone else in that position?  The discrepancy is actually in my favour at the moment, so I'm not really complaining, but I am worried that it could be just about anything when I get onboard.  Up, Down, who knows? 

I’d take a screen print of it & take it with you.

• Like 1

Hi Lahore,

we are in Australia and have not tried to use the 8% OBC to book anything.

The OBC on our invoice was approx $AUS 1200 and the web site is showing $US 1200

8 hours ago, lahore said:

We have 7 cruises booked.  Only 1 shows the correct OBC on the first page when you log in.  This is Azamara's page.  When you click on Manage My Reservation, you go into the Seaware site.  At this point, I don't pay any attention to what's showing on the website.  If you have a booking confirmation that comes from AZ through your TA, this should show all of your coupons and how any charges, for such things as shore excursions, have been applied to those coupons.

All of my booking confirmations show the correct amount of OBC coupons.  The website totals at this point are irrelevant.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NeilWM said:

Hi Lahore,

we are in Australia and have not tried to use the 8% OBC to book anything.

The OBC on our invoice was approx $AUS 1200 and the web site is showing $US 1200

Our % obc also showed online as $US  rather than UK£  and was added to our other obc. We were losing out with the exchange rate when it showed like that. On querying it , they apparently could see it as a UK£ amount at their end and separate from our other $US obc, which was good to hear!
We have  just used the % obc to book an excursion for our day of departure and the remaining $US obc is correct. Im not touching  anything again until we get onboard ! 

• Like 1