White Night

pamps2801

25 minutes ago, badtwin said:

Slightly off original topic, but is an all white outfit really necessary? We want to try to get by with carry-on for up coming cruise in late October and early November and white pants seem like a totally silly waste of space.  Not to mention footwear to match. Is a white top enough?

White is optional not compulsory 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, badtwin said:

Slightly off original topic, but is an all white outfit really necessary? We want to try to get by with carry-on for up coming cruise in late October and early November and white pants seem like a totally silly waste of space.  Not to mention footwear to match. Is a white top enough?

No, in our experience many have one garment which is white or cream! The other half of their attire usually complements to a degree. That said, I would say that more than half do all white. As UKtog has written, it's definitely not compulsory and nobody else really cares what you wear. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 7/31/2024 at 2:10 PM, badtwin said:

A white top has always worked for us - 

When people are happy with their outfits, and the food, music, and drinks are  happening on a Party scale, the White Night event can be lots of fun.

Plenty of people (myself included) choose a simple white tee shirt worn with shorts, skirt, or khakis - my hope for you is that the fellow who wore his Azamara bathrobe to the party during our January cruise, is not on your upcoming sailing.  (We've enjoyed Azamara since 2011, and that was a first.  Hoping it won't be repeated.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Ithikan said:

When people are happy with their outfits, and the food, music, and drinks are  happening on a Party scale, the White Night event can be lots of fun.

Plenty of people (myself included) choose a simple white tee shirt worn with shorts, skirt, or khakis - my hope for you is that the fellow who wore his Azamara bathrobe to the party during our January cruise, is not on your upcoming sailing.  (We've enjoyed Azamara since 2011, and that was a first.  Hoping it won't be repeated.)

Look on the positive side, at least it wasn't the white face cloth from the bathroom.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, Ithikan said:

Actually wearing the bath robe was regularly suggested by the cruise directors as an option- and on chilly nights it was a very good one too 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Actually wearing the bath robe was regularly suggested by the cruise directors as an option- and on chilly nights it was a very good one too 

Yes, but the couple who wore their bedsheets went too far.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, tgg said:

Yes, but the couple who wore their bedsheets went too far.

I would like to point out it was good enough for Julius Caesar when he cruised to many places a few years ago.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

You could be original and wear all black... (Celebrity's Full Moon party--which happens every cruise regardless of the moon's phase-- suggests "white or bright" so lots of very colorful outfits.) Another thought is to go with pale blue or lilac. But to return to the topic: no lobster at White NIght on Journey last Sept (Eastern Med); excellent Mediterranean buffet though!

Edited by sofietucker

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, sofietucker said:

You could be original and wear all black... (Celebrity's Full Moon party--which happens every cruise regardless of the moon's phase-- suggests "white or bright" so lots of very colorful outfits.) Another thought is to go with pale blue or lilac. But to return to the topic: no lobster at White NIght on Journey last Sept (Eastern Med); excellent Mediterranean buffet though!

In our 19 cruises since our Australian borders reopened after COVID (2 years ago) we haven’t had lobster at white night until our recent Scotland Ireland and Norway cruises on the Onward. I had heard reports of their return prior to our recent sailings though. Food was of a consistently high standard in Discoveries which was most pleasing. Our white night buffet in the Trollfjord was outstanding.

Edited by aussie travel bird
  • Like 5