Old Princess Plus

17 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

20240406_154903.jpg

Messenger_creation_a31a7dcc-01d3-492a-9a63-ffd86f709759.jpeg

nice scratch mark     hope it doesnt scare as bad as the one ony right arm  ,  which stretches from the elbow to just short of my sholder   frrom breaking the funny bone a few years ago.

hope the recovery goes well for you

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Your no doubt on a fairly comprehensive physio regime.

Follow it all the way, do everything they say to do, you don't want to have those tendons seizing up, giving you a permanent limp.

When I had my knees replaced, I have been very glad it was stressed how important it was.

Yep, start pyshio next week.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 3:43 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

I wish they'd make up their mind! In the last couple of weeks I've heard of $22, $20, $18, and the T&Cs for the older packages still show $16. 

Definitely a limit of $22 per drink for those of us still on the old plus package. We ordered Katnook Cab Sav last night at dinner. Cost on menu was $23 per glass. Charge to our account was $1 per glass.  Most cocktails are still covered. Just had a 24K Gold Margarita.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

Definitely a limit of $22 per drink for those of us still on the old plus package. We ordered Katnook Cab Sav last night at dinner. Cost on menu was $23 per glass. Charge to our account was $1 per glass.  Most cocktails are still covered. Just had a 24K Gold Margarita.

So weird. We were told $20, wish they could make up their mind.

2 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

Which ship? I'm wondering if the variations are by ship.

10 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

Royal Princess. Same charge for the same wine at dinner tonight.

So two different stories on one ship. 

I'm not going to bother asking on Coral. We'll just test out various options and see what results in extra charges. I don't think I'll be able to have an occasional drop of my favourite cognac though, I think they've hiked the price of that up to much now. 

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm not going to bother asking on Coral. We'll just test out various options and see what results in extra charges. I don't think I'll be able to have an occasional drop of my favourite cognac though, I think they've hiked the price of that up to much now. 

One account is as told by staff, the other is based on what is being charged. 

Remy XO was $30 in February, and I think the prices are stable for now. I would presume that is a +$8 charge. Remy & Hennessey VSOP's are covered by plus at $18 each.

Scary on a World Cruise - the packages and prices might change twice by the time you get back 🤣

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, arxcards said:

One account is as told by staff, the other is based on what is being charged. 

Remy XO was $30 in February, and I think the prices are stable for now. I would presume that is a +$8 charge. Remy & Hennessey VSOP's are covered by plus at $18 each.

Scary on a World Cruise - the packages and prices might change twice by the time you get back 🤣

It was only $25 in March last year when the drink limit was $22 so $3 extra.  That was actually better than in 2022 where it was $20 and the limit was $16 so $4 extra.

$8 extra is too much, especially as we'll also have to buy wine by the bottle to get wines that we like. I'll just have to drink the VSOP and hope I don't react to it - I have an annoying reflux condition that can be triggered by some cognacs and single malts so I have to be careful. 

The money we save by not upgrading our package (for no additional benefit to us) will pay for wine etc.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It was only $25 in March last year when the drink limit was $22 so $3 extra.  That was actually better than in 2022 where it was $20 and the limit was $16 so $4 extra.

$8 extra is too much, especially as we'll also have to buy wine by the bottle to get wines that we like. I'll just have to drink the VSOP and hope I don't react to it - I have an annoying reflux condition that can be triggered by some cognacs and single malts so I have to be careful. 

The money we save by not upgrading our package (for no additional benefit to us) will pay for wine etc.

Yes, I wouldn't pay any more than  a couple of extra dollars. There is a large menu to pick from (well, except wines by the glass), and I can easily drink between the flags.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

If you like the WC, it looks like Coral will have another in 2026. 

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Out of Australia?

Not originating, but she has added a port entry in Sydney for 18th Feb 2026. Looks very much like what Island Princess has been doing, so quite possible to book a sector when it becomes available, but $US aboard.