Old Princess Plus

Hi all, Just an update to the old plus package. The drinks limit price is $20AUD. I did ask the upgrade price and it was $630. Not for us🤣. We will find something I am sure.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Hi all, Just an update to the old plus package. The drinks limit price is $20AUD. I did ask the upgrade price and it was $630. Not for us🤣. We will find something I am sure.

I wish they'd make up their mind! In the last couple of weeks I've heard of $22, $20, $18, and the T&Cs for the older packages still show $16. 

As long as it covers our favourite cocktails and liqueurs/digestifs, plus we still get 25% off wine by the bottle, we'll be happy. Upgrading wouldn't actually give us anything we want.  

Which ship are you on? 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I wish they'd make up their mind! In the last couple of weeks I've heard of $22, $20, $18, and the T&Cs for the older packages still show $16. 

As long as it covers our favourite cocktails and liqueurs/digestifs, plus we still get 25% off wine by the bottle, we'll be happy. Upgrading wouldn't actually give us anything we want.  

Which ship are you on? 

Royal Princess. We also get Concierge drinks, so not sure why we need the package at all. Wish I could cancel it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Royal Princess. We also get Concierge drinks, so not sure why we need the package at all. Wish I could cancel it!

Is that a suite perk?

10 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Is that a suite perk?

Yes, for the Royal class ships.

We felt the same with a suite on Majestic late last year. Spending each evening in the concierge lounge, we didn't get value out of our drinks package. We could have easily managed with concierge and our mini bar.

Because of that, we have booked a suite on Discovery as a standard fare.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Which ship are you on? 

I believe there is a discrepancy between plus fare drink caps and standard fare + standalone drink package caps. The weirdness appears to come from those that purchased standard fares, then purchased standalone drinks packages via their personaliser.

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

I believe there is a discrepancy between plus fare drink caps and standard fare + standalone drink package caps. The weirdness appears to come from those that purchased standard fares, then purchased standalone drinks packages via their personaliser.

It must be a nightmare for all concerned, except those paying as they go. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Yes, for the Royal class ships.

We felt the same with a suite on Majestic late last year. Spending each evening in the concierge lounge, we didn't get value out of our drinks package. We could have easily managed with concierge and our mini bar.

Because of that, we have booked a suite on Discovery as a standard fare.

Definitely don’t need it. Standard fare would have been sufficient for us but as our upgrade was a bid, probably too late to cancel. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It must be a nightmare for all concerned, except those paying as they go. 

They are trying really hard to upgrade guests. From the minute we boarded must have been asked 10 times. Not for us though.

9 minutes ago, arxcards said:

That might explain it. 

It will be interesting to see what it is on the world cruise. Since that cruise was heavily booked right from release date I imagine most of the passengers who booked Plus, like us, will stick to the original version. However if those people aren't getting what they expected when they booked it in good faith there could be ructions! 🤣

• Like 2

They are trying really hard to upgrade guests. From the minute we boarded must have been asked 10 times. Not for us though.

If they try that on me I might have some fun:

- You can have two speciality desserts a day - Will Princess provide free medical care in the case of diabetic coma due to eating said desserts? No? Value $0

You can have unlimited juices from the juice bar when it's open - See above. Value $0

You can have two fitness classes per cruise or sector - Do they have fitness classes designed specifically for seniors with joint issues? No? Value $0

You can have two free casual dining meals per cruise or sector - No thanks, we prefer the MDR for lunch on sea days. Value $0

- The Ocean Now delivery access fee is included -  We don't use Ocean Now to order things unless we're ill and anyway Princess already gave us OBC to cover this. Value $0

You won't get charged for ordering room service by phone. - See above. Value $0

<loud voice> So you want us to pay over $5000 to upgrade our package for no benefit to us? We need that money to buy wine by the bottle as most of the included wines are poor quality and there is very little choice - certainly not the 25 wines by the glass that were advertised.

I wonder what they'd say or do if we did do this? I'll try to resist temptation unless someone pushes too much and gets up my nose! 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That might explain it. 

It will be interesting to see what it is on the world cruise. Since that cruise was heavily booked right from release date I imagine most of the passengers who booked Plus, like us, will stick to the original version. However if those people aren't getting what they expected when they booked it in good faith there could be ructions! 🤣

Similar wideness. Do you remember the one about the Canadian who booked in $US for an Aussie based world cruise sector, and the exorbitant package price? Well, if I check the personaliser for our Diamond Princess cruise next Feb, on the beverage tab a standalone premier package will cost us $195.63pp per day. If you go to the bundles tab instead, then you can pay for plus or premier at $65/95pp per day.

We have the current plus for next years WC, but it will likely be the new old plus by the time we cruise. If there is any weirdness with how they are treating older versions/pricing, I won't be upgrading but will be cancelling the plus fare and relying on carry-on, mini-bar and very moderate bar purchases.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

If they try that on me I might have some fun:

- You can have two speciality desserts a day - Will Princess provide free medical care in the case of diabetic coma due to eating said desserts? No? Value $0

You can have unlimited juices from the juice bar when it's open - See above. Value $0

You can have two fitness classes per cruise or sector - Do they have fitness classes designed specifically for seniors with joint issues? No? Value $0

You can have two free casual dining meals per cruise or sector - No thanks, we prefer the MDR for lunch on sea days. Value $0

- The Ocean Now delivery access fee is included -  We don't use Ocean Now to order things unless we're ill and anyway Princess already gave us OBC to cover this. Value $0

You won't get charged for ordering room service by phone. - See above. Value $0

<loud voice> So you want us to pay over $5000 to upgrade our package for no benefit to us? We need that money to buy wine by the bottle as most of the included wines are poor quality and there is very little choice - certainly not the 25 wines by the glass that were advertised.

I wonder what they'd say or do if we did do this? I'll try to resist temptation unless someone pushes too much and gets up my nose! 🤣

They are pushing all those things actually! Definitely won’t be getting us, but they are getting many!

They are pushing all those things actually! Definitely won’t be getting us, but they are getting many!

I don't think they'll get many takers on the world cruise, especially those that booked Plus at $40 pp per day. 

• Like 1

What really annoys me is that they stopped allowing freshly squeezed juice with breakfast after the first few Coral cruises in 2022. That's the only time I drink juice and I only ever want a small glass. Never mind, we just order sliced oranges with our breakfast fruit course - it takes more effort to slice an orange properly (the way Princess does) than to squeeze an orange! 🤣

If I could be bothered I'd make sure we both had our 15 alcohol drinks a day, just having a tiny sip then leaving them. Drinks-wise they do pretty well out of us as, apart from coffees and bottled water, we would only have 5-6 drinks a day.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Still a bit sore, but mending well.

Your no doubt on a fairly comprehensive physio regime.

Follow it all the way, do everything they say to do, you don't want to have those tendons seizing up, giving you a permanent limp.

When I had my knees replaced, I have been very glad it was stressed how important it was.

• Like 3