Grand Suite Cabin

2 minutes ago, captainannoyed! said:

Nope.  Open bar, won’t even ask your stateroom number.

I always get asked. And the drinks go on my folio (at $0). But that's more to find out who's in a suite and who's just a Pinnacle who has to use vouchers.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I always get asked. And the drinks go on my folio (at $0). But that's more to find out who's in a suite and who's just a Pinnacle who has to use vouchers.

Hello,

Yes, but and/or Pins and Suite cards were sometimes a different colour so keeping them on show told the waiter which camp you were in.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

This is from the welcome email from last weeks cruise in a Grand Suite on Symphony of the Seas. 

“Bar service is available from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm in the Suite Lounge for  Beer, Wine, Soda & Water.

Hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup with a selection of wine, spirits, beer and soft drinks every evening from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.·”

So have I been misunderstanding this? I have always taken this to mean beer and wine are complementary when the bar is open but spirits are only free (no voucher) between 5:00 and 8:00 pm. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

This is from the welcome email from last weeks cruise in a Grand Suite on Symphony of the Seas. 

“Bar service is available from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm in the Suite Lounge for  Beer, Wine, Soda & Water.

Hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup with a selection of wine, spirits, beer and soft drinks every evening from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.·”

So have I been misunderstanding this? I have always taken this to mean beer and wine are complementary when the bar is open but spirits are only free (no voucher) between 5:00 and 8:00 pm. 

This is kind of a gray area.  Technically it is beer and wine only.  But twice recently we stayed in a CL suite (same suite class as a GS).  We got various mixed drinks in the SL without using our coupons outside the 5-8 timeframe.  Also no coupons asked for CK dining.  Others have reported on here that they needed to use their coupons.  I guess it depends on the ship and bartender's discretion.   We have not bought drink packages, because the drinks in the SL plus our 5 coupons each are plenty for us.  By the way, we were asked for coupons at the bar for mixed drinks on the suite sun deck, same cruise.  And coupons were taken in the suite area on Labadee.

Edited by TeeRick
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

Nice to see this is now included in the welcome letter. It didn’t use to be & I never understood why.

Not that I plan to be in Sky Class again anytime soon.

Edited by OCSC Mike

Since the Gitana mentioned Concierge Lounge (not Suite's Lounge) they may be on a smaller ship that still has them.  Of course the 11 to 11 bar service would not be available if so.  

Gitana...just have the concierge change your card out to Suites card, not the D+ card.  That will alert the waters in there that you are in a full suite.  We always present our card when ordering a drink, and they always ask our cabin number until they memorize it...which always amazes me they can do that!  😉 

Minor point happy hour isn’t always 5 to 8 , on harmony it was 4:30 to 7:30 . We haven’t bought a drink either because of diamond plus , if one drinks more than spouse they can use the extra free drinks.

7 hours ago, TeeRick said:

By the way, we were asked for coupons at the bar for mixed drinks on the suite sun deck

On Oasis, Allure, Harmony, and Wonder, we have never been asked for vouchers on the Suite Sun Deck. Consistent inconsistency is the hallmark of RCL's business model.🤪

• Haha 1

On 4/7/2024 at 7:47 PM, captainannoyed! said:

Nope.  Open bar, won’t even ask your stateroom number.

On our last 2 cruises they definitely asked for the cabin number in the Suite Lounge or for the Sea Pass to get the folio number  On the AOS in 2023 the waiter mistakenly used up  our Diamond vouchers, so they were unavailable to use in the MDR or by the pool.  Thankfully, Concierge Maria fixed the problem for us, but seemed unable to set the bar waiter straight, so she had to fix it multiple times.  On the Voyager in Jan. 2024, the drinks from the Suite Lounge appeared on the bill as $0.00.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, George C said:

Minor point happy hour isn’t always 5 to 8 , on harmony it was 4:30 to 7:30 . We haven’t bought a drink either because of diamond plus , if one drinks more than spouse they can use the extra free drinks.

Adventure has been 4:30 to 8 my last two cruises.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DebJ14 said:

On our last 2 cruises they definitely asked for the cabin number in the Suite Lounge or for the Sea Pass to get the folio number  On the AOS in 2023 the waiter mistakenly used up  our Diamond vouchers, so they were unavailable to use in the MDR or by the pool.  Thankfully, Concierge Maria fixed the problem for us, but seemed unable to set the bar waiter straight, so she had to fix it multiple times.  On the Voyager in Jan. 2024, the drinks from the Suite Lounge appeared on the bill as $0.00.

Next time you have that set up....ask the concierge to change out your sea pass card to a suite's card.  Different color, which alerts the bartender to use the suite's perk.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Next time you have that set up....ask the concierge to change out your sea pass card to a suite's card.  Different color, which alerts the bartender to use the suite's perk.  

I have always had a Suite Card. The Concierge on the AOS explained that due to staff shortages, she had to pull bartenders from other bars and they didn't seem to get the concept of FREE drinks in the Suite Lounge.  Those who were first timers or did not qualify for coupons actually got charged money for their drinks.  She spent lots of time fixing accounts.

On VY an officer said they were instructed to keep track of how many drinks were being consumed in the Suite Lounge.  I jokingly said it was either to figure out a way to have more cutbacks and/or raise the prices on the suites.  He did not disagree with me!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DebJ14 said:

I have always had a Suite Card. The Concierge on the AOS explained that due to staff shortages, she had to pull bartenders from other bars and they didn't seem to get the concept of FREE drinks in the Suite Lounge.  Those who were first timers or did not qualify for coupons actually got charged money for their drinks.  She spent lots of time fixing accounts.

On VY an officer said they were instructed to keep track of how many drinks were being consumed in the Suite Lounge.  I jokingly said it was either to figure out a way to have more cutbacks and/or raise the prices on the suites.  He did not disagree with me!

Interesting.   Would not want that poor concierge's job.   Yikes!  😮 

There has been many times in the SL on Harmony and Wonder, that they would simply charge our Pinnacle vouchers.   I guess I could have complained...but we rarely consume all 6 vouchers per person per day anyway.....  So free is free for me. 

Though if it did go over, which has not yet, I would indeed make a visit to the concierge myself.  😉 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

Interesting.   Would not want that poor concierge's job.   Yikes!  😮 

There has been many times in the SL on Harmony and Wonder, that they would simply charge our Pinnacle vouchers.   I guess I could have complained...but we rarely consume all 6 vouchers per person per day anyway.....  So free is free for me. 

Though if it did go over, which has not yet, I would indeed make a visit to the concierge myself.  😉 

One day we each used 2 vouchers at the pool bar, went to the Suite Lounge for pre-dinner cocktails and then to Giovanni's Table for dinner.  When we told the waitress we wanted to use a voucher each for a glass of wine, she came back and said they were all used up for that day and that she would have to charge us.  We said fine, and had Maria deal with reversing the charges the next day.  That is how we found out the bar waiter was using our vouchers in the Suite Lounge.  Others heard our conversation with the Concierge and chimed in that they too had been denied drinks in other bars and knew they had not used all their vouchers and it opened up the floodgates. She had to fix many accounts, and was still fixing them at debarkation and promised she would take care of everyone.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DebJ14 said:

One day we each used 2 vouchers at the pool bar, went to the Suite Lounge for pre-dinner cocktails and then to Giovanni's Table for dinner.  When we told the waitress we wanted to use a voucher each for a glass of wine, she came back and said they were all used up for that day and that she would have to charge us.  We said fine, and had Maria deal with reversing the charges the next day.  That is how we found out the bar waiter was using our vouchers in the Suite Lounge.  Others heard our conversation with the Concierge and chimed in that they too had been denied drinks in other bars and knew they had not used all their vouchers and it opened up the floodgates. She had to fix many accounts, and was still fixing them at debarkation and promised she would take care of everyone.

Definitely a mess up.   Happy you were able to fix it for you!  🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DebJ14 said:

Concierge can solve lots of problems, we had similar problem on celebrity a couple of weeks ago they changed us corkage which should be free , concierge removed it .